TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car accident Total loss 2008 Shelby GT Convertible

khughes1

Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate 08SGT1382 and Shelby - VIN: 1ZVHT85H485143889.

The car coming from the opposite direct make a left turn at a red light. She turn in front of the car in front of me. His Honda CR-v went over her hood and flipped backwards and came through my windshield and down on to the left side of the vehicle bending the frame and cause a total loss. My Insurance Company (Nationwide and her Gieco said the call worth is only $28,535.00 not enough to replace the vehicle in my mind. All I got was a black eye, bloody, noise, small glass cut all over my left arm, and very burse up left arm and shoulder.

Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate 08SGT1382 and Shelby - VIN: 1ZVHT85H485143889.

The car coming from the opposite direct make a left turn at a red light. She turn in front of the car in front of me. His Honda CR-v went over her hood and flipped backwards and came through my windshield and down on to the left side of the vehicle bending the frame and cause a total loss. My Insurance Company (Nationwide and her Gieco said the call worth is only $28,535.00 not enough to replace the vehicle in my mind. All I got was a black eye, bloody, noise, small glass cut all over my left arm, and very burse up left arm and shoulder.

Whoa - your lucky to only have minor injuries. Sorry about the SGT loss -that sucks. . .it took a pounding to protect you.

Don't settle. Get an attorney and hold out for a replacement that equals your loss.

God was on your side !! I would sue that will make the insurance company kick more money up. Once I got rearend by this idiot at a toll plaza in my cutlass I had my first ever 10 spd bike hanging off the trunk. He hit me doing like 40mph I couldn't care about anything but my bike it's been with me since age 14. I got 3,000.00 from for the bike. If it was an accident then shit happens. But I was sitting in traffic waiting to get to the toll he was in a rush.

Good luck and feel better

Glad you're OK. A car is really just a pile of plastic and metal that can be replaced. There is an art to getting a good settlement on the replacement. Your insurance is just thinking it is a Mustang. You need to be proactive. A guy just lost a Ford GT and it was a battle but he did get a fair market replacement. The car was somewhere between modestly and heavily modded and it was an uphill battle but he did get a even trade.

So sorry for your loss. Your injuries sound pretty painful to top off your total loss.... I was rear ended by an 18-wheeler and totalled my CR-V with zero injuries minus a few aches and pains that are somewhat permanent. Unfortunately insurance companies always under estimate the value of your car. They don't ever pay the fair price. What you can do if you haven't already is get an attorney and have them handle the negotiations for you. The insurance company was going to offer me a low 4000 for my car. I had done some research and went through some ads to see what my CR-V with the specific year was going for and turned down the offer. Then I talked to my lawyer and they eventually got it settled for 2K more which is what the car was going for at the time so it's not impossible to up their offer. Since you sustained injuries, you should be able to get a better settlement and when everything is settled, you may be able to afford a brand new shelby. Unfortunately I had hired the wrong guy for the job and didn't get much....... The attorney said that suing doesn't always get you more and it takes a very long time so you'll lose a lot to fees. Ask yours for an opinion. Hopefully you will get a better outcome.

Edited by Shelby550

Ouch! Glad you are OK. Do you know where they will be parting this car out. That scoop would be something to have. You need to go grab that dash plaque, just for memories. Hope you find another SGT just as nice.

You are very very lucky. As much as i'm sure it is driving you nuts to have lost your car, it is just a car. They can be replaced (usually). Live and limb cannot. Glad you came through it relatively unphased.

In terms of value. Heck no, I'd fight for every last nickle. Just as an FYI, it would cost them upwards of 10K to just walk into the court room door, probably about 6 - 8 K to just prep for litigation. So being armed with a valid list of comps I'd present your case for more money, with litigation as your backup "plan". Now if it comes down to actually implementing the backup plan, remember your attorney takes a cut of your share (dpeending upon your juridiction) so you could end up worse off it you pus hit that direction.

Also, do not sign any medical release. You may be fine now but give your body an oppurtunity to heal. There is no rush to sign off on that paperwork. Do not let them hold you hostage by saying you have to sign off on the medical release before they release your check. I suspect that is illegal in most, if not all juridictions, but it still does occur.