TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel/Tire size

Hey guys, so I am at the point where I want some new wheels I like the stock style but I want more traction so I'm thinking of goin 9front 10rear. My question is I would like a very aggressive look and unsure how best to go about it. 18 or 20 inch? Any negatives to bigger wheels? I don't quite understand also how tire sizing works. I plan on doing track days running straight and road courses so somthing that can work for both. Anyone have tires they suggest?

I really like the 20inch shelby razers in gunmetal against my black sgt is 9wide enough for solid grip? Nitto555 good enough? =)

When it comes to grip it is mainly what you spend on a tire and what is its rating in handling . The 9 will work fine you can go to tire sites and read reviews all my tires come from tirerack.com. They are the #1 tire tester's and have reviews from customers my car has Kumho's 20's their summer tires they are like glue on the road excellent wear and great in the rain. I said this once before my buddy was in my car and dropped the clutch banged 2nd the tires grabbed so hard are backs hurt and bruised my ribs on the console. Even with linelock if its hot out the tires won't spin easy.

Alright, they only sell them wheels in 9's no bigger. But atleast I can rotate them all. Tnx for the input I think i'll go that route. Yea a friend suggested kumho's as well and I had some on my rx-8 and liked them alot.

You will be happy and being able to rotate is a good thing if you drive the car a lot. I'm kinda pissed at tirerack after I bought new wheels they started stocking 22 x 11

Archived