TEAM SHELBY FORUM

High Five Tour 2011 -- Wounded Warrior Familys Support

Hello All,

Don't know if you've heard about Retired Col John D. Folsom who has been touring across America to raise funds in support of Wounded Warriors Familys.

His tour will bring him from Tallahassee to Montgomery on Tuesday, 5 July, and it looks like his route will be up HWY 231 from Dothan to Montgomery.

Does anyone know if a local club is working with the Col on his tour, maybe meeting him along the route and cruising with him? Ft Rucker is a pretty large installation, so I'm curious if he'll be coming through the post.

I'm in the area on vacation and missed his stop in DC... but am willing to contact him to check on his itinerary if anyone is interested in joining in with me to meet and cruise with the Col.

Here's a link to his website: http://www.highfivetour.com/

Keith

The local News puts him and the Shelby in Tallahassee between 4:00pm & 5:00pm at our local Ford Dealership. I will be there early to watch him arrive.

I spoke with Col Folsom earlier today and he stated the intinerary has him getting to Montgomery, AL for a baseball game with a group of soldiers/families at 8 p.m. CDT.

It's about 4 hrs from Tallahassee so, I suspect he'll be there closer to the 4 p.m. your time. He and I are going to chat again on Tuesday morning to see how the trip is going.

Keith

What a great project. Thank you for posting; I wish I had found out about this earlier.

Any other Alabama Team Shelby member planning to attend to Montgomery stop?

Colonel Folsom stopped in Raleigh (Cary) this past Saturday (July 2nd) at Crossroads Ford (our local MCA Club's corporate sponsor). He's a great man doing a great thing for these families that need our support.

Our club donated $500 to the cause and many if not all members in attendance also made personal donations and signed the car. Picture can be seen at HCMCstangs.com

wwfs-org_16-200x300.jpg

I, along with daughter and son, managed to meet up with Col Folsom at the AL-FL stateline on his way to Montgomery. We chatted for a few minutes, presented a donation and signed his car. I told him we'd cruise with him a short distance up the road and he invited my daughter to ride along with him!

The Col, his cause, and car are awesome!

th_IMG_8163.jpgCol Folsom's High Five Tour arriving in AL!

th_IMG_8170.jpgCol Folsom, my son, and daughter

th_IMG_8179.jpgCruisin...

th_IMG_8175.jpgDaughter Keitha riding along!

Be sure to check out his webpage and route to have a chance to visit with this great American!

Keith

• 11 months later...

Colonel Folsom stopped in Raleigh (Cary) this past Saturday (July 2nd) at Crossroads Ford (our local MCA Club's corporate sponsor). He's a great man doing a great thing for these families that need our support.

Our club donated $500 to the cause and many if not all members in attendance also made personal donations and signed the car. Picture can be seen at HCMCstangs.com

So, when did the date change or has it? Both the HCMC site and the High Five Tour site have the date in Cary for July 6th - today.

Archived