TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rare Finds

Cobra2549

This is Jerry Heasley. I have a new book out- "Jerry Heasley's Rare Finds." Just came out two weeks ago.

Although a Mopar (*Superbird") is on the cover, the book has many Mustangs inside, like the 1965 "5R002' GT350 R-model racer pulled out of Monterey, Mexico years ago.

Anybody who wants a copy can go to Amazon. They say the book ships in 12-13 days, but they go right out. My publisher, Car Tech Books, said Amazon has to get a few sales going before they stock the book.

I can also sign and send signed copies to you all. Just email me at jerry@jerryheasley.com.

I've been writing Rare Finds as a column now for 21 years. I have some incredible finds in the book, like a Cobra Daytona Coupe, a 1970 GT350 (a guy mowed his yard around this car), and others. There is the Boss 429 that a lady was using as a doghouse in Juarez. I like the story of the 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza (raced by Phil Hill) a friend of mine found in a cow pen in Texas.

I think you'll enjoy this book.

The publisher sold out of my Mustang Masterpieces book.

Thanks,

Jerry Heasley

This is Jerry Heasley. I have a new book out- "Jerry Heasley's Rare Finds." Just came out two weeks ago.

Although a Mopar (*Superbird") is on the cover, the book has many Mustangs inside, like the 1965 "5R002' GT350 R-model racer pulled out of Monterey, Mexico years ago.

Anybody who wants a copy can go to Amazon. They say the book ships in 12-13 days, but they go right out. My publisher, Car Tech Books, said Amazon has to get a few sales going before they stock the book.

I can also sign and send signed copies to you all. Just email me at jerry@jerryheasley.com.

I've been writing Rare Finds as a column now for 21 years. I have some incredible finds in the book, like a Cobra Daytona Coupe, a 1970 GT350 (a guy mowed his yard around this car), and others. There is the Boss 429 that a lady was using as a doghouse in Juarez. I like the story of the 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza (raced by Phil Hill) a friend of mine found in a cow pen in Texas.

Thanks,

Jerry Heasley

Thanks,

Jerry Heasley

Thanks,

Jerry Heasley

Do you have the Books on hand to do this or do we get it off Amazon and mail it to you?

If you have have the Book on hand to Sign, what is the Cost shipped?

Thanks,

Jerry Heasley

Thank you, Jerry. I own several of your books and have read many of your articles over the years. You need to give guys some tips about the barn finds like get good pictures of them in the "found" state prior to pulling out, cleaning off, and restoring so as to have good comparision pictures for later if restored.

I met you up at Carlisle this year in June and talked briefly. You took a picture of a former car of mine with me in the picture. It was the calypso coral 1970 Mustang convertible with 428 SCJ. I had owned the car from 1973 to 1977 prior to selling. I also took part in chasing down the car four years ago and getting the present owner in touch with the former owner. It took four years of negotiations to work out a deal for the sale. While I was not a part of those negotiations, I was happy to see the car rediscovered and heading for a full restoration. While maybe not a true barn find, it had been kept in a regular garage for the last 10 years deteriorating and unregistered until its recent sale.

Very cool Jerry. The Mustang Masterpieces is a great book and I am thrilled that I got one of the CS & JH signed books. Will have to check out your new book.

Jerry's latest book is a great read and I highly recommend it. The day I picked up the book, I couldn't put it down and read most of the stories that day. My automobilia library is very limited to the cars of the" blue oval" so I enjoyed reading

the stories of the "off makes" mixed in with the Fords and Shelbys. Some of the cars and their stories were amazing. Well done Jerry.

Do you have the Books on hand to do this or do we get it off Amazon and mail it to you?

If you have have the Book on hand to Sign, what is the Cost shipped?

I have the books on hand. In fact, for Team Shelby members in the United States, I will pay the priority mail shipping. I found a padded envelope from USPS that fits the book perfectly and I can priority mail for $4.95 in the United States. Just email me (jerry@jerryheasley.com) and I'll send your book to U.S. addresses for the $29.95 price, no shipping. Pay Pal is fine or I'll give you my address to send a check.

I wanted to add the book has plenty of Mustangs, Shelbys and Fords, including a 289 Cobra Rare Find, a 1970 Shelby Mustang in a yard, a SCJ fastback in a basement, a Boss 302 with 196 miles stored in a lady's garage for 40 years, a Talladega, one of the two Boss 429 Cougars ever built, a Boss 429 being used as a dog house, a Phil Bonner lightweight, a Daytona Coupe, and more.

Thanks,

Jerry

PS: I am signing a contract to do another Rare Finds book, this one on strictly Mustangs and Fords. So, let me know if you have Rare Finds in Fords and try not to disturb the car archeology. I will take the pictures for you of the Rare Find if you contact me in advance. People are calling me early to do this. For example, a guy bought a Hemi Road Runner out of a barn in Maryland and before he picked it up I came and took the pictures of the car intact and coming out of the barn, very classic. I also have done a TV pilot on Rare Finds and will email a trailer to Team Shelby members who email me with that request.

A new book..........fantastic Jerry. I look forward to reading your newest addition.

Congrats on selling out Mustang Masterpieces. My signed copy is proudly displayed in my formal living room happy%20feet.gif

It was a pleasure talking with you on the phone the other day Jerry, as always. I went to my P.O. Box and got my 3 signed copies. Thank you!!! I couldn't put it down. For those of you that haven;t ordered a copy, do so, or order several!!

Alex

Archived