TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension upgrades

Rooster

Can any one help me get a parts list together for the ultimate suspension upgrade for my 09 GT 500, for road racing more than drag racing.

Coil over, struts, sway bars , anti hop, whatts link......this control arm that relocation bar , OH MY!

Can any one help me get a parts list together for the ultimate suspension upgrade for my 09 GT 500, for road racing more than drag racing.

Coil over, struts, sway bars , anti hop, whatts link......this control arm that relocation bar , OH MY!

Griggs Racing 40 SS or 40 ST...Call Van at Raven Racing...I opted for the SS with the watts link...no comparison to anything else on the market. Just my 2 cents :superhero:

Thank you , I had no idea the complexity to this suspension project, I have spent several hours on Evolution Performance , Steeda , Shelby , and Griggs Racing web sites . I must say the GR 40 appears to be one to beat. Especially with Watts link.

There is a big price difference between the SS and ST. What went into your decision.

Griggs Racing 40 SS or 40 ST...Call Van at Raven Racing...I opted for the SS with the watts link...no comparison to anything else on the market. Just my 2 cents :superhero:

Thank you , I had no idea the complexity to this suspension project, I have spent several hours on Evolution Performance , Steeda , Shelby , and Griggs Racing web sites . I must say the GR 40 appears to be one to beat. Especially with Watts link.

There is a big price difference between the SS and ST. What went into your decision.

Words of wisdom: One suspension change will lead to many more.

Suspension parts and changes can have a Yin Yang effect.

Utilize the TS search box for feedback, options, and answers to mods/options.

Good luck and please share your final decision.

[/quote

The SS is the best bang for your buck...it completely changes the geometry of the rear suspension which these GT500s need the most with the added benefit of the front ground control coilovers...the watts link is extra but well worth the money...Just give Van a call and he will gladly walk you through any and all aspects of the SS. It's the best money i have spent on my shelby other than maybe the true forged 3 piece powder coated wheels...my car is in August edition of 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords page 36...Let me know if you need any additional insight from my perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Steeda makes excellent parts...be sure to get the upper 3rd link, lower control arms, adjustable pan hard bar, pan hard bar brace, and sway bar...i got the 1st 2 and eliminated the wheel hop...then got the last 3 and that took care of the under steer.

the 3 point frame and rail torque brace seemed to help also...

Your choices should take into consideration any lowering springs you've added...if you lower, then you'll have to mess with camber plates and bump steer...otherwise, if you're running stock rims and springs, you can go with the above mentioned and notice a huge difference in keeping your beast planted to the pavement.

Archived