TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dragging caliper

Has anyone else had this issue?

Last week, at just over 23k on the clock, I heard the distinctive sound of a brake pad digging into a rotor. I thought it was from the passenger rear and when i pulled it off, sure enough, the pad had worn down to the rivet and was digging into the disc. I promptly changed all 4 wheels to Autozone DuraMax Gold, but realized that all but that wheel had LOTS of braking material still on them. Apparently that one had been dragging for a while. I took factory pads and my car to dealer yesterday for warranty replacement of the caliper and disc.......they're not done with it yet--I suspect they're waiting on a part. It really caught me off guard as I figured the brakes would have lasted a LOT longer than they did. I was right, except for that one! Man, I hate to booger up a disc!

I had the exact same thing happen. It was a stuck float pin that wedged and almost ruined the rotor. Had less than 20k on it.

I didn't take it back to the dealer, I went back with Porterfield pads on the front, had the rear one turned and replaced with AutoZone DuraMax Gold. Been great ever since.

Archived