TEAM SHELBY FORUM

American National Insurance - Chrome collector car insurance

MMcGuirk

Hi,

I received a very attractive quote to insure both my cars with agreed value, 10K miles per year and $1M/$1M coverage.

Anyone have experience or an opinion on these guys?

I have not found anything negative on the web.

Thanks

Ooops. Anyway, I do not have any info on this company but wish you the best. I wanted to follow-up on other comments I read w.r.t. Delp or the Barrett Jackson Insurance Co. The implication was that they are getting out of the collector car biz and jacking up their rates. I talked to reps while at Barrett Jackson last week and they said absolutely not true (well kind of). Any existing policy holders have no impact, policies remain valid with no cost uppers. But for new folks, they are increasing rates and being more strict on details. Apparently they took on alot of people, some of which had less than desireable records and who also have really pushed the mileage limit goals. Thank God for us existing customers, best of luck to those shopping.

Michael I use them for all my insurance and have my car on the Chrome program. The car has to be appraised and that is the value that is the basis for the car. This is great it you have a lot of mods on the car as those are taken into consideration for the appraised value.

Chrome came and did a presentation at our Mustang Club meeting last year. I know quite a few guys in the club are using them and they also set up a booth at our big car show. I'm not using them right now as I'm happy with what I have, but I know that the other guys are plenty happy with them so far.

Hi,

I received a very attractive quote to insure both my cars with agreed value, 10K miles per year and $1M/$1M coverage.

Anyone have experience or an opinion on these guys?

I have not found anything negative on the web.

Thanks

Hey Michael,

Any other restrictions? I was going to get Hagerty , but they said you couldn't run errands or etc. (go out to eat) in the car. :banghead:

They had a decent rate but I like to take the Shelby every once in a while when we go out to eat. And just my luck something would happen in a parking lot and they would deny my claim.

Dan

Archived