TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Could really use a front license bracket

geezus

Hey guys, could really use some help with finding a front licence plate bracket that doesnt interfere with air flow, any suggestions, Ill cry if i have to drill into the bumper

I would like to find the same thing. I currently have my tempory plates but need to change over soon. Any ideas?

Email Doug at dmctag@sympatico.ca. He's designed a bracket that fits the bill I believe we're all looking for. I'll be buying one from him soon.

Phil

His design is done. I got a e-mail from him the other day with photos of 2 models.

Where can we see the photos?

This is what he sent me. e mail Doug for the photos, They won't post for some reason. dmctag@sympatico.ca

Hello again Rob

I am making a production run of some Aluminum/ABS brackets A002 ($250 CAD) and also some Aluminum/Stainless steel brackets A001 ($150 CAD). Are you still interested? Either model only takes up a 3" x 4" spot directly in the middle of the lower grill.

Doug

Hey guys, could really use some help with finding a front licence plate bracket that doesnt interfere with air flow, any suggestions, Ill cry if i have to drill into the bumper

Front license plates suck especially on a car like this. They cause installation probs like this and interrupt the appearance intended by the designers. Especially unnecessary on a Shelby cause you're going to see the rear plate anyway.

Sure am glad that PA doesn't require them.

Front license plates suck especially on a car like this. They cause installation probs like this and interrupt the appearance intended by the designers. Especially unnecessary on a Shelby cause you're going to see the rear plate anyway.

Sure am glad that PA doesn't require them.

In Houston, they require them - but you can honestly get away with having it in the front window of your car. I just wedged mine into the bottom right part of my windshield, put a couple rubber stoppers on the font of it so it wouldn't rattle and called it a day.

The license plate is in plain view, it is legible from the road, and I'm not going to put holes in my limited edition car for an idiotic law.

The only reason that law exists is for revenue. Because I can damn sure guarantee that nobody can read a front license plate on a car traveling towards you at an equal or higher rate of speed to your own.

It's just idiocy and you don't have to stand for it. (at least as far as drilling holes in your bumber)

P.S. A COP TOLD ME TO PUT THE LICENSE PLATE IN THE WINDOW AND I NEVER GOT PULLED OVER AFTER THAT. IT'S AN ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATIVE TO DRILLING OR FUGLIFYING UP THE FRONT OF YOUR CAR WITH A LICENSE PLATE WEDGED INTO THE GRILL / DRILLED INTO THE BUMPER.

Archived