TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mixed car run

AstroDan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am back in town. Should meet the group along HWY one as you pass Marina . Thanks for keeping me in the loop Brad (Elkhorn6990).

Harald,

Great news that you're back! See you on Hwy 1 later this morning... shoppingcart_.gif

Really you on time out now/

Kidding, you should see my car event calendar - she is way on board with my addiction. She asked for the windows to be done and a few other things. I've got it easy!

The weather was, in a word. "SPECTACULAR"...blue jay blue skys, and comfortably warm weather.

I joined the group late as I was already in Salinas, so I rendezvoused with them in Prunedale at the 101/156 split. I didn't count, but must've been 20-24 cars, with 90% of them Shelbys...

The Baja Cantina is a great restaurant/bar tucked into Carmel Valley, and the place is all about cars and motorsports.

I could only stay for about an hour as I had a family commitment in Monterey, so a cold beer and a shot of tequila later....off I went.

The first pic is one of the parking lot at the Baja Cantina, the other is at Laguna Seca. I stopped there on the way home and took a bunch of really cool pix.

Good to see all the "usual TS suspects" as well as meeting some new people as well.

baja_cantina.JPG

KR_Laguna1.JPG

baja_cantina.JPG

KR_Laguna1.JPG

The weather was, in a word. "SPECTACULAR"...blue jay blue skys, and comfortably warm weather.

I joined the group late as I was already in Salinas, so I rendezvoused with them in Prunedale at the 101/156 split. I didn't count, but must've been 20-24 cars, with 90% of them Shelbys...

The Baja Cantina is a great restaurant/bar tucked into Carmel Valley, and the place is all about cars and motorsports.

I could only stay for about an hour as I had a family commitment in Monterey, so a cold beer and a shot of tequila later....off I went.

The first pic is one of the parking lot at the Baja Cantina, the other is at Laguna Seca. I stopped there on the way home and took a bunch of really cool pix.

Good to see all the "usual TS suspects" as well as meeting some new people as well.

You couldn't have said that any more perfect. I was expecting different on the weather according to the news but not so, what an awesome day, gorgeous cars and trucks and wonderful people. Couldn't ask for more.

Scott took a few pics, I will post them up as soon as he loads them.

Thanks to Dan for posting this and Hector, Jim and Brad for coming together to make this a great day. I do hope all is well with Dan....

Aggie

Like Cali KR, I snuck in late at HWY one @ Marina. Weather was stellar. After Baha some of us took a drive along the Asilimar Beach along the waters edge to Pacific Grove and into Canary Row. Shelby Tom took some pictures so I am sure he will post.

Thanks everyone!

I am totally bummed to have had to miss this.

My wife set up a family get-together since my in-laws were going back to Arizona on Sunday. (All were here for my son's wedding)

It sure looks like a perfect day and, once again, Team Shelby dominates, in numbers as well as (naturally) horsepower/sweetness.

Dan

Archived