TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mixed car run

AstroDan

I gave all the contact info to Hector this morning. He is going to make the call after it opens this morning. He will get back to me asap.

It looks like this is a perfect venue for us! (Thanks Brad) I will post up when it is confirmed, I look for this today.

Some of us will be meeting up at the Sun Valley mall East of Sears and are still loking for where it would be good to met up with you folks in the San Jose area. We will be coming down 680 to 101. We need a place near SJ with easy off/om freeway access to pick up the south-bay group. We'll be leaving Concord around 9am and should be down there in 70 or 80 minutes... (Depending who is in the lead!) :speedie:

I would like to get the itinerary complete today...

Looks like Mustang/Shelby will be well-represented, indeed!

Dan

Dan,

Can we pick up the Tri-Valley contingent at I-680 and Bernal Avenue in Pleasanton as shown in the attached link. It would be a touch and go stop. In the alternative, I could contact them by cell as we pass I-580...

http://maps.google.c...D_C7-A&t=h&z=18

Jim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan,

Can we pick up the Tri-Valley contingent at I-680 and Bernal Avenue in Pleasanton as shown in the attached link. It would be a touch and go stop. In the alternative, I could contact them by cell as we pass I-580...

Jim

Ok we are in. We will try to meet up there from Manteca. I sent Shelby Tom a PM for spot for SJ area cars to meet up and then we can pick them up on the way down. I may have to kick in all that 540 hp to catch up from Manteca!!haha

Ok we are in. We will try to meet up there from Manteca. I sent Shelby Tom a PM for spot for SJ area cars to meet up and then we can pick them up on the way down. I may have to kick in all that 540 hp to catch up from Manteca!!haha

We can push you....... J/K........ :finger:

Well it is, after all.....SAFETY ORANGE :hysterical:

Better watch out calling it "safety orange" or she just might "grab" you when she sees you!! Are you going to make this run,Tom? Pick it up just outside of Gilroy?

OK...

Good to go. Hector got ahold of the good folks at the Baja Cantina. We're set for parking in the rear at 11:45am.

We'll plan on swinging into Pleasanton like Jim said and meet up for the run.

See y'all Saturday morning on the 16th at Sears at 8ish... :)

OK...

Good to go. Hector got ahold of the good folks at the Baja Cantina. We're set for parking in the rear at 11:45am.

We'll plan on swinging into Pleasanton like Jim said and meet up for the run.

See y'all Saturday morning on the 16th at Sears at 8ish... :)

Dan,

That's great news! This is gonna be a fun run... shoppingcart_.gifhappy%20feet.gifshift.gif

Dan,

That's great news! This is gonna be a fun run... shoppingcart_.gifhappy%20feet.gifshift.gif

Maybe I missed it, what time for the meet in Pleasanton so I can post this on the other sites. Hopefully they will be on time.

Thanks Jim

Maybe I missed it, what time for the meet in Pleasanton so I can post this on the other sites. Hopefully they will be on time.

Thanks Jim

Aggie,

I'm not sure exactly either, but I would plan on having your group in the parking lot just off the freeway (see link above) no later than 8:30am, since we appear to be leaving Concord sometime after 8:00am. I'll call you when we leave SunValley.

Jim

The meet at Sears is set for 8:30, so after a few minutes, we'll be on the road. I'd say around 9 in Pleasanton...

Sounds good.... I'll set it up for 9am....

Thanks you guys....

Aggie

Dan,

Jim

The East Bay meet spot is the Park and Ride off of 680 in Pleasanton at 9am, see Jim's link above.

Take the Bernal Exit off of 680 when you get to the bottom of the ramp make a left (head west), the Park and Ride is on the left.

If you need to fill up there is a Chevron station to the right at the bottom of the ramp, they have a pretty nice mini mart there as well. The address is:

1875 Valley Ave.

Pleasanton

Are you going to make this run,Tom? Pick it up just outside of Gilroy?

It just so happens i'm getting my car pre-teched for Mini-Nats that day down in Salinas, so I may just bomb over Laurales Grade and make a special guest appearance

Man, I really want to come down to this but it's so far away. Put me down as a maybe. I've got to look into hotels for the friday night before.

Brian,

Here is a link to the local Hilton which is less than a half mile from the Concord meet location: http://www.concordhilton.com/ and another for the Crowne Plaza which is probably 1.5 miles: http://www.crowneplazaconcord.com/

Hector is having another mixed car run and I'd love for more Shelby's to represent...

We've had a lot of fun on these mixed runs last year and the year before.

We'll again meet up at the East Side of the Sun Valley Mall (East of Sears) at 8:30am on July 16th for a ride down to the Monterey/Carmel area.

(Hector still thinks his SRT10 pickup is fast!)

He is still looking for restaurant suggestions...

Let me know if interested. Please join in!

Dan

(Partial?) list of TS members attending!

AstroDan SGT/SC

SVT Naja GT500

08Jester GT500SS

ShelbyTom GT500

Ceswert GT500

Cali_KR GT500KR

MMcGuirk GT350R(?)

Elkhorn GT500

Snake11 GT500

KAM GT500 40th

Me32 GT500

Nice! OK, where's the rest of the SGT's?

For those coming on the cruise you might want to bring along a light jacket. The overcast has been pretty thick the last week and although it might not reach the Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley if it does it might get a little cool. Baja has a big outside deck and would be nice for everyone to be outside instead of inside. I wont be able to check this site again since I will be out of town and picking up the cruise in Pleasanton on Sat. morn. See you then. Brad

Archived