TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anybody running KR500 mufflers with high flow cats?

JimMeder

I just bought KR500 mufflers and running them with an off road x-pipe. It's pretty loud without CATS. I love the sound but i'm not sure I want to take the chance of getting pulled over.

Is anyone running high flow cats with either an x-pipe or h-pipe?

I'm just wondering if they still sound LOUD. I'm actually contemplating putting the stock cats back on.

thanks

Yes, I had the KR's and then I added headers with high flow cats and it sounded like I was Jeff Gordon. It was too loud so I added a set of SVT-1's and the sound is much more bearable.

Same here. I ran the KRs, then put on the dynatech longtubes and 3" race catted X-pipes and it sounded like I was running at Daytona. Went with the SVT-1s. Now it sounds sweet, without being too loud. Everyone compliments me on how is sounds. I love the SVT-1s with my set-up.

Just removed my KR's. I had Longtubes and an on-road X put on and holy cow where they obnoxious. I went back to stock mufflers

I just installed Lethal's hiflow cats on a pair of Corsa's. About 30% louder than the stock cats...It's not unbearable. The Corsa was pretty quiet with stocks on, this gives it a little zing, but when on it, they come alive.

Archived