TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top speed on German Autobahn with (almost) stock GT500 - *new 195 mph*

Alberto

First: I don't wanna mislead anyone!

Yesterday I felt in love with my snake the 37iest time I guess. The screenshot by the navigation on the i-phone was done yesterday night, 11° Celsius, no wind, no traffic on the Autobahn.

308 km/h = 192 mls/h (personal record)

vmax004.png By profundis at 2011-06-25[/img]

On the way back the snake couldn't repeat it. Probably too hot downstream or maybe too less fuel (loss of cooling the fuel-pump).

304 km/h = 189 mls/h

vmax005.png By profundis at 2011-06-25[/img]

Done with my snake!. Engine is stock except VMP Stage 1 (pulley, tune).

stripesallover004.jpg By profundis at 2011-06-21[/img]

Regards, Albert

I'm jealous of your German peaople, enjoying unlimited highway ! I wish I could make up a try with mine, only once....

How many hp is developping the european GT500 ? And with your modifications, how many hp is developping yours ?

Ok, I did not know that...so your car is quite exclusive in Europe, wow it's great ! It must be quite expensive to bring a GT500 to European market these days, but it worths he exclusivity I'm sure.

Are you an american who now live over there or just a German citizen who love american cars ?

Ok, I did not know that...so your car is quite exclusive in Europe, wow it's great ! It must be quite expensive to bring a GT500 to European market these days, but it worths he exclusivity I'm sure.

Are you an american who now live over there or just a German citizen who love american cars ?

I'm just a German citizen who's keen on the GT500 and historical US-cars. Indeed - the SHELBY GT500 is very rare and exclusive on German roads. There is no accurate number of GT500s in Germany/Europe running, but a rough estimate tells us about 300 cars in Gemany, about 150 in Switzerland and maybe 50 more in the rest of European countrys.

I'm the operator of the only SHELBY-Forum in Europe. We started in March this year, but counting more than 100 SHELBY-Onwers (it's an GT500 exclusive Forum) in the meanwhile. Here is a Link of our Members.

European GT500 Owner List on shelbyforum.de ("Cabrio" = Convertible)

Albert

Das ist super!

Thats impressive, plus in a 'vert which are not as aerodynamic as a coupe...

All of my family is up in the northwest near Osnabruck (Landkries Vechta)

Great post, thanx for sharing

First: I don't wanna mislead anyone!

Yesterday I felt in love with my snake the 37iest time I guess. The screenshot by the navigation on the i-phone was done yesterday night, 11° Celsius, no wind, no traffic on the Autobahn.

308 km/h = 192 mls/h (personal record)

vmax004.png By profundis at 2011-06-25[/img]

On the way back the snake couldn't repeat it. Probably too hot downstream or maybe too less fuel (loss of cooling the fuel-pump).

304 km/h = 189 mls/h

vmax005.png By profundis at 2011-06-25[/img]

Done with my snake!. Engine is stock except VMP Stage 1 (pulley, tune).

stripesallover004.jpg By profundis at 2011-06-21[/img]

Regards, Albert

All I want to know is did you mess up your hair up???? and is allowed to drive a vert naked there

Das ist super!

Thats impressive, plus in a 'vert which are not as aerodynamic as a coupe...

All of my family is up in the northwest near Osnabruck (Landkries Vechta)

Great post, thanx for sharing

Oh, nice to hear. Though Osnabrueck is quite the opposite direction of Germany where I'm living. Is there anybody in your German familiy with a GT500?

All I want to know is did you mess up your hair up???? and is allowed to drive a vert naked there

No, it didn't. Got a rear wind screen! :) What do you mean with "allowed to drive a vert naked"? Put the roof down while driving?

Don't understand the question - who should ban this? Surely - I got my roof down every day as long as it's not snowing! :) Top speed record with roof down ist 289 km/h (180 mls/h)

Albert

I'm jealous of your German peaople, enjoying unlimited highway ! I wish I could make up a try with mine, only once....

How many hp is developping the european GT500 ? And with your modifications, how many hp is developping yours ?

Doesn't someone put on a Yearly Event in Nevada where you drive "Balls Out Peddle To The Metal" on a Highway trying to get the fastest Speed & Time?

Oh, nice to hear. Though Osnabrueck is quite the opposite direction of Germany where I'm living. Is there anybody in your German familiy with a GT500?

No, it didn't. Got a rear wind screen! :) What do you mean with "allowed to drive a vert naked"? Put the roof down while driving?

Don't understand the question - who should ban this? Surely - I got my roof down every day as long as it's not snowing! :) Top speed record with roof down ist 289 km/h (180 mls/h)

Albert

Naked as in Nude I figure germany since you can drive that fast maybe they allow people drive naked

Naked as in Nude I figure germany since you can drive that fast maybe they allow people drive naked

OUCH.....Driving Naked in a Vehicle with Black Leather Seats.......................................... :hysterical:

OUCH.....Driving Naked in a Vehicle with Black Leather Seats.......................................... :hysterical:

Better than with White Leather Seats! :hammer_self:

Basically it's permitted to drive naked in Germany, but not without shoes!!! (no kidding!)

Basically it's permitted to drive naked in Germany, but not without shoes!!! (no kidding!)

Are Flip Flops considered Shoes..................

HEY SS.........calling SS........... Grab your Shoes SS and lets go for a Drive............Calling SS............ :shift:

Doesn't someone put on a Yearly Event in Nevada where you drive "Balls Out Peddle To The Metal" on a Highway trying to get the fastest Speed & Time?

Yup, its called the 'Silver State Challenge", and it is run on SR318, the close the road, and the course is 90 miles (140k) long...there are 4 classes depending on your speed... :shift:

You don't need the Autobohn............................... http://www.sscc.us/

In euro land flip flops are top fashion shoes they love to show off their long toe nails :hysterical:

Is it possible, you might mix up Europe and USA??? The last time I saw flip flops and long toe nails was in a group of American students in Heidelberg last week during an exchange. :) You know, what differs European girls from US-Girls? 4 dress sizes dwon! :)

But in fact: driving a car with flip flops is prohibited by law in Germany. No kidding! Costs you a fee of about 40 $. On the other side: there's no fine for driving in 6"-Heels!!! I love this crazy fun-house called Germany!!! :)

....................................You know, what differs European girls from US-Girls? 4 dress sizes dwon! :) ........................

Ouch, that hurts but it is so funny ----- and painfully true, on the part of American guys too just to be fair. ;)

:extinguish: (In case of flames)

While Europe has some great roads where you can really open it up, it also has many photo radar setups and they are not as forgiving when it comes to being ticketed. :shades:

Is it possible, you might mix up Europe and USA??? The last time I saw flip flops and long toe nails was in a group of American students in Heidelberg last week during an exchange. :) You know, what differs European girls from US-Girls? 4 dress sizes dwon! :)

But in fact: driving a car with flip flops is prohibited by law in Germany. No kidding! Costs you a fee of about 40 $. On the other side: there's no fine for driving in 6"-Heels!!! I love this crazy fun-house called Germany!!! :)

I agree with you on the ladys out here !!! My brother works in the movie field he was out by you he said the women are incredible night and day from the USA. To bad he girlfriend was with him. Being a full blooded italian, I ended up in ireland with my ex-wife and we hit about every town and bar there were 90 guys to 10 ladys. Now I know why the guys are drunk all the time. I would go to the bar with my brother in-law who is an irish lad the bartender would annouce we got a dago in the bar. No lie I woke up on the bar or they carried me back to the hotel. But no women !!! I was in ireland for 2 weeks and lost 15pds no burgers or real meat !!! I'm on my 2nd irish wife :hysterical:

Back to the original thread, nice to see people like you Alberto, enjoying american muscle outside America ! It must be difficult to buy an american car when you have all kind of nice european cars surrounding you, and your neibour.

Bottom line: I prefer to fill my gas tank on this side of the Atlantic...

Keep posting !

Back to the original thread, nice to see people like you Alberto, enjoying american muscle outside America ! It must be difficult to buy an american car when you have all kind of nice european cars surrounding you, and your neibour.

Bottom line: I prefer to fill my gas tank on this side of the Atlantic...

Keep posting !

US-muscle cars are popular in Germany at this point as they have never been before, what has a couple of reasons. especially the mustang and the camaro are almost sold out here. no kidding. but as I said: they are not sold by an authorized ford- or gm dealer, but only by special importers. there are no "European" US-Cars. With other words: US-Cars in Germany are similar like in US.

For those who are interested into the reasons, which motivate Germans to buy US-Muscle Cars::

- profitable exchange rate € ./. $

- exclusivity for less money

- v8 sound

- cost/performance ratio in opposite to Audi BMW or Mercedes-Benz

The US-Car scene in Germany is incredible high since a few years. There are several US-Car gatherings each weekend somewhere, usually with around about 150 Cars or more. It's a pitty that you and other US-citizens do have low chances to notice that. Probably most of you cannot imagine the meaning of US-Cars here. It's stunning.

Alberto

During an Exchange?????? What did you give us for them?

:hysterical:

sweet numbers Alberto...........and sweet ride, congrats!

I am planning a trip to Italy which may last 6 months or more and the current plan is to bring my 2010 Shelby. How did you managed to add the European maps in the Nav?

Thanks,

Joe

I am planning a trip to Italy which may last 6 months or more and the current plan is to bring my 2010 Shelby. How did you managed to add the European maps in the Nav?

Thanks,

Joe

Dear Joe,

I'm sorry to say, but there is definetly NO way to add the European maps in your Car Navi. A big problem for all of us here with the stock navi. No chance at all, whatever you might do.

If you are using an i-phone - download the NAVIGON App. Works perfectly. Costs about $ 100, but it's worth it each Cent.

Albert

Very kool Albert, wish we had that here........................... :drool:

Archived