TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where can I get an MGW shifter, other than straight from them.

Freak

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is another vendor that sells the MGW shifters. I don't have a problem with MGW, but I don't have a credit card (and my debit card has too low of a limit) so I'm looking for somewhere that takes paypal.

Thanks

Troy

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is another vendor that sells the MGW shifters. I don't have a problem with MGW, but I don't have a credit card (and my debit card has too low of a limit) so I'm looking for somewhere that takes paypal.

Thanks

Troy

Until Shelby starts selling them, MGW is the only place I know of to buy one.

You could always call MGW and ask them if they have a dealer network, just to be sure.

I've always dealt with George at MGW, who I believe is the owner and machinist that makes the shifter parts. He's always been *very* helpful to me.

HTH,

Phill

Money order or prepaid Visa/Mastercard.

Nope, that doesn't work. It won't give you a total with shipping until you place your order. Which requires a credit card.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, that doesn't work. It won't give you a total with shipping until you place your order. Which requires a credit card.

You can obtain a GreenDot (or other) prepaid Visa/Mastercard that you can pre-load (and reload) with as much as you like - and you can use any remaining balance toward any future purchase you can otherwise make my credit card. It's relatively inexpensive - and you can fund it bank transfer, Wal-Mart, even PayPal - which is a tremendously useful account to keep and can include a debit MasterCard for just such occasions.

Even if it's not the ideal or to-the-penny cheapest solution, having a Visa/Mastercard account tucked away for emergencies is a near-must nowadays.

If someone here is bidding on this item, be careful. Be VERY careful.

He has it listed as fitting a '05-'10 and according to the MGW www site, there are two different shifters for the '05-'09 MY and the '10-''12 MY. I know this to be fact because as a owner of a 2010 I had to wait many months for MGW/George to build the new 2010 model (the earlier versions won't work on the later body style).

I wrote the seller advising him/her of this fact so s/he may change the item description to reflect what ACTUALL year fitment it is for.

Just FYI,

Phill

If someone here is bidding on this item, be careful. Be VERY careful.

He has it listed as fitting a '05-'10 and according to the MGW www site, there are two different shifters for the '05-'09 MY and the '10-''12 MY. I know this to be fact because as a owner of a 2010 I had to wait many months for MGW/George to build the new 2010 model (the earlier versions won't work on the later body style).

I wrote the seller advising him/her of this fact so s/he may change the item description to reflect what ACTUALL year fitment it is for.

Just FYI,

Phill

hmm. I know the 10+ models have a different thread pitch for the shift knob but didnt know it was different other than that. I have a friend with an 07 Steeda Tri-ax shifter that was gonna sell it to me cheap but now im wondering if it will even fit =/

hmm. I know the 10+ models have a different thread pitch for the shift knob but didnt know it was different other than that. I have a friend with an 07 Steeda Tri-ax shifter that was gonna sell it to me cheap but now im wondering if it will even fit =/

I know that before I found the MGW shifter I was looking at a Pro 5.0 shifter. They're application guide showed it fit up to a '09 car so I e-mailed them and asked them if their shifter fit the 2010 models. Their reply was that some of the early production 2010'S have a different thread pitch on the shifter ball so their solution was to send 2010 buyers BOTH shift levers (12mm and 10mm).

SO, it sounds like the *shifter* mechinisium itself is the same but like you say, the TP is different.

BUT...As far as the MGW is concerned, my thoughts are that if the only difference was the shit knob thread pitch, MGW would have had a shifter already done for the 2010 LONG before they did. I was one of those guys who waited and waited and waited for MGW to finish their new 2010 shifters.

When I got mine I ordered both shift levers (12mm course pitch AND 12mm fine pitch) along with a MGW Blue/White shift ball so I could use my stock shiter ball *or* a MGW Rally ball. I was the person that discovered the 2010 OEM shifter ball was NOT a 12mm but rather a 10mm and when called and talked to George about it, he had a batch of 10mm TP shift levers made up in 2 weeks. That kind of gives credibility to my opinion that if it was just the shift lever it would not have taken months and months to get a 2010 version out to the public.

Now, HAVING SAID THAT: I went to the MGW site and opened two tabs in my browser. I opened the '05-'09 GT500 page and the 2010+ GT500 page side by side.

What it appears to be now is that when MGW made the *new* 2010 shifter, they replaced the earlier '05-'09 version with it so indeed, THEY DO APPEAR TO BE THE SAME SHIFTER NOW with just a different shift lever for each application. They did originally have TWO different shifters but I guess the 2010+ version is better so they replaced the '09+E shifter with the 2010+L shifter....

This is PURE ASSUMPTION on my part, but the item descriptions are identical and they don't give Part Numbers so It's impossible to say for sure.

Therefore I must retract my original statement that the buyer of the e-bay MGW beware. I now believe I was wrong, UNLESS they have a earlier '09E version (which does not appear to be the case since they say it has very little use on it!). I will write the seller of the e-bay auction and inform him/her of my findings.

Was that as clear as mud? <lol>

Phill