TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT w/ Spoilers

Any of you 2007 to 2008 Shelby GT owners that decided to put a rear wing on can you post some pics of your car?

I like that the GT's came without one to set it apart but at times it just doesn't look right so serious thinking about adding one

Any of you 2007 to 2008 Shelby GT owners that decided to put a rear wing on can you post some pics of your car?

I like that the GT's came without one to set it apart but at times it just doesn't look right so serious thinking about adding one

I took that one off and add a whale tail from bangastang no pics on that yetpost-18733-0-31666300-1308913924_thumb.jpg

post-18733-0-31666300-1308913924_thumb.jpg

I added the GT500 rear spoiler very shortly after I purchased my 2008 SGT...I live out in West Texas where the wind blows hard most of the time, and without the spoiler at around 100-120 MPH, I could feel the rear end of the car moving around a lot...since adding the spoiler, the rear of the car is definately planted solidly to the ground now. Pic is in my signature.

I put the stock GT spolier on mine at around 100 miles (1st week of ownership)... Liked them on the GT-H cars, so I purchased one of the $100 new take-offs that were available on-line... Since then, I have added the matching silver stripes (THANKS to John Farmer = MrFarmDog)... Also helps to cover up the SAT Radio "bug" on the trunk lid...

Lots of chioces out there, just have to find the one that "works" for you :happy feet:

I bought a GT spoiler right after I got my car, I never put it on because I think that's one of the things that sets our cars apart from the others.

Not that I don't like spoilers on Shelby GT's, I do, just not on this one.

I bought a GT spoiler right after I got my car, I never put it on because I think that's one of the things that sets our cars apart from the others.

Not that I don't like spoilers on Shelby GT's, I do, just not on this one.

+1

I wish my GT/CSs had no wings. Luck of the draw, each had one when I got it. The 2006 V6 I first owned had a slick deck. I really liked the look, but it did seem as if something was missing. I eventually got two of the rubber-like eBaY "lip spoilers" and configured them into one that went from edge to edge of the rear. I really liked that, and would have added them to the newer cars if they didn't have the holes already punched.

2456004294_caf50c4ee2_o.jpg

2455173849_487f026e16_o.jpg

My compromise on the GT/CSs was the KR/2007 Pony Package wing. I eventually got them for about a hundred dollars each, and in black, to minimize their visual impact.

3626852915_2b0d12896a_o.jpg

4148464712_826ce9f711_z.jpg?zz=1

5868418494_3f7a24d6cf_o.jpg

The original GT pedestal-style wings, one black, and one white, are in the rafters of the garage. There is a second black one there as well: I bought it "take-off" to put on the slick V6, but never had the heart to poke holes in that lovely, smooth deck. I don't think I'd do it to a Shelby GT. The little lip spoiler might be OK; they can be worked like wood for the end-shape, and painted as well.

And then there are the "AirTab" vortex generators:

2713915217_a17bb68164_z.jpg?zz=1

I added the GT500 rear spoiler very shortly after I purchased my 2008 SGT...I live out in West Texas where the wind blows hard most of the time, and without the spoiler at around 100-120 MPH, I could feel the rear end of the car moving around a lot...since adding the spoiler, the rear of the car is definately planted solidly to the ground now. Pic is in my signature.

Where did you get the stripes for the spoiler?

I added an OE GT500 spoiler about 2 months after purchasing mine.

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

I think I seen you driving the other day... did you happen to be in north Broward at all last week?

I used theV6/KR one

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC05012.jpg

I think I am liking the KR one. I assume the stripes on the Wing are painted on? Any issue with painted stripes not matching the tape stripes?

• 1 year later...

It took me a while to actually get up the nerve to do it but I'm glad I did. It's Cervini's, I knew it was the one I wanted the 1st time I saw it. Nothing but compliments on it all the time.

Nice - your rear deck cover with Carroll Shelby's signature!

Archived