TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy here, HELP! LOL

Hey there, I'm new to TS and also just purchased a 2007 SGT and I had a few questions. In viewing many of the threads/posts I come seeking sage advice/input. My situation i'm currently dealing with is in replacing my stripes. I was so damn excited to find the car I didn't look over the vinyl very well. My dealer wont cover it in warranty since I purchased used but are willing to do it at cost. Problem is they have their own vinyl vendor and i'm worried they wont match it perfect. Am I worrying too much? Also the previous owner had made the idiotic mistake of clear coating the side of the hood stripes in so I have to pay the labor cost plus cost of material on the hood alone to have them tear it or re-paint. Your thoughts? Also I'm ordering a new Hood Scoop I figure do it all together at once. So, in short. Can a 3rd party vinyl guy match the vinyl color perfect? Or the rockers and lettering even as far as dimensions ect. I don't imagine there are codes like with paint. Shelby package for the vinyl is out of my price for the moment considering the offer to do it at cost.

Your thoughts?

Thanks Guys!

Can't speak to the ability of an independent vinyl person, but if it was me I'd save up to the have the stripes painted on.

My plan right now is to snag an OEM hood, put a new scoop on it, cut it out so its functional, add the SS heat extractor vents then have the stripes painted on the whole car.

Can't speak to the ability of an independent vinyl person, but if it was me I'd save up to the have the stripes painted on.

My plan right now is to snag an OEM hood, put a new scoop on it, cut it out so its functional, add the SS heat extractor vents then have the stripes painted on the whole car.

With paint they can match the color and dimensions perfect tho I would assume? Would you suggest painting rockers and lettering also?

Archived