TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Entering car shows?

BAD SNAKE

I have been asked if I am going to enter my car in a local car show, I think it's nice to be asked. But I don't feel worthy. I did'nt build it from the ground up. I did'nt put in my blood & sweat into building the car. I bought the car and had window tint installed, big deal!! I know guys spend countless hours on there cars for this kind of thing. I know the car would draw a lot of attention but for the wrong reasons. It was built by Ford, not me. Is any one else entering a car show? Any thoughts? :glare:

I have been asked if I am going to enter my car in a local car show, I think it's nice to be asked. But I don't feel worthy. I did'nt build it from the ground up. I did'nt put in my blood & sweat into building the car. I bought the car and had window tint installed, big deal!! I know guys spend countless hours on there cars for this kind of thing. I know the car would draw a lot of attention but for the wrong reasons. It was built by Ford, not me. Is any one else entering a car show? Any thoughts? :glare:

I'm planning on taking mine to a few local shows this summer, but not to be judged for a trophy like my 66 coupe. I just want people to see it and I kind a want to be a proud papa with it. I know a lot of people in my area still have not seen one, hell besides mine I've only seen one on the road and one in a dealers showroom for $97K.

I enter my '72 in the Mustangs Unlimited car show every year. When I get the Shelby I will enter that car there too. It's a car show, not a 'See how I restored this car' show. If they let you in then you are welcome with it. The people want to see the new Shelby probably more than any other car there. That's the purpose of the car show, for the owners to display their cars and for visitors to check out the cars they want to see. Restored or not.

I enter my '72 in the Mustangs Unlimited car show every year. When I get the Shelby I will enter that car there too. It's a car show, not a 'See how I restored this car' show. If they let you in then you are welcome with it. The people want to see the new Shelby probably more than any other car there. That's the purpose of the car show, for the owners to display their cars and for visitors to check out the cars they want to see. Restored or not.

Your a certified car nut! My thoughts exactly! For someone to say (not feel) that a GT500 is not worthy of showing is not a true car guy/gal. Just a pozer. A true car nut will go NUTTS! over it. ;)

I took mine to a local show last fall, I had more people around my car then the finest MOPAR! I was thinking much like Bad Snake does now. Not anymore! :lol:

I entered mine in a few last year, and plan on a lot more this year. To me it's not about "feeling worthy" but about seeing all the cars and interacting with the people at the shows. They are a wonderful group of car enthusiasts at these shows and think you would be missing out on a great experience. You bought the car so enjoy it and value the friendships you could get out of it!!!!!!!!

Your a certified car nut! My thoughts exactly! For someone to say (not feel) that a GT500 is not worthy of showing is not a true car guy/gal. Just a pozer. A true car nut will go NUTTS! over it. ;)

I took mine to a local show last fall, I had more people around my car then the finest MOPAR! I was thinking much like Bad Snake does now. Not anymore! :lol:

Yes I agree, there was a GT500 at the show last fall and everyone stopped to look and and also some took pictures of it. It was also the first time I saw one in 'person.' Didn't matter, I still wanted one sight unseen. My point is this: If it wasn't for the one entered at the car show I probably wouldn't gave gotten a good chance to look at one up close and personal. Made my day. And now I use the picture of it for my Windows Desktop background picture and it is on my Zune MP3 player picture folder too.

...showing off your Shelby may just make some kids day....

The highlight of my summers every year growing up was watching a Ford dealer from St. Louis race his 427 AC Cobra at the Ponca City Grand Prix. If he hadn't been there...I might have fallen for one of those...uh...eerrr...vette thingies.....

Take your car, the kids will love it!

I have a little different perspective of car shows. When I was younger I liked going to car shows because it seemed like the only place to see some cars, meaning...I never saw exotics or nice muscle cars driving around much. So I went to the shows to see them.

Most people have never seen a GT500, so it would be cool for you to enter the car so that someone could see it. Doesn't matter if you built it or not. If I was a kid right now and only saw one in a magizine, it would really make my day to see one at a local car show!!

You guys are right! I would hate myself if the car show had nothing but a bunch of Camaro's and some kid thought that was "cool." I would hate to mislead a nice kid. :rolleyes:

Another great thing about the car is the Alloy paint. It's the fastest paint known to man ( so says the form at stangsunleashed, I only read the stuff I like to hear). I'll do it!!!! :rockon:

I show my 442 several times a year and sometimes nationally. I've already asked my son if he'd be interested in displaying the Shelby at the shows that I attend with the 442. The look on his face was sure a Kodak moment. He's 30 btw. There are some great father-son days ahead and I can't wait:)

I believe the Shelbys should absolutely be displayed at car shows and this one surely will be.

I strongly dissagree that you didn't "build" yours. I don't know what business or trade your in, but I venture to guess you worked your a-- off to make enough to get a car that only a few people will have. I know I did to get mine. If I'm asked to show it, you damn bet I will, and proudly to. Show it off and have fun doing so. :yup::yup:

You guys are right! I would hate myself if the car show had nothing but a bunch of Camaro's and some kid thought that was "cool." I would hate to mislead a nice kid. :rolleyes:

Another great thing about the car is the Alloy paint It's the fastest paint known to man ( so says the form at stangsunleashed, I only read the stuff I like to hear). I'll do it!!!! :rockon:

No arguments from me.

Archived