TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripes= Fathers Day

Well we all know that stripes fade, stain etc., so I got in-touch with John Farmer and order stripe kit.

Sure enough Father Day rolls around and my better half gives me a gift of getting stripes painted on.

Frist thing Monday morning I call John to see what we can do with my order.

He said he was ready to cut and ship out, but a s a professional/gentleman he refunded my money...NC.

I wish it was this easy with all my transaction as it was with John.

Thanks John :)

Well we all know that stripes fade, stain etc., so I got in-touch with John Farmer and order stripe kit.

Sure enough Father Day rolls around and my better half gives me a gift of getting stripes painted on.

He said he was ready to cut and ship out, but a s a professional/gentleman he refunded my money...NC.

You will love them, painted on, drove my car through a rain storm and parked in the garage. 7 days later washed and waxed, not sitting there worried about chamois/wiping down as soon as I got home. Just make sure they shoot the scoop at the same time!!

Best of luck...jason

When most get the stripes painted on, do they shoot the clear coat over just the masked off stripes leaving an edge, or do they clear coat over the whole hood, top, and trunk, etc, blending the stripes under the clear, Just always wondered how it was done most often.

When most get the stripes painted on, do they shoot the clear coat over just the masked off stripes leaving an edge, or do they clear coat over the whole hood, top, and trunk, etc, blending the stripes under the clear, Just always wondered how it was done most often.

Its really up to you if you want to spend more money to spray the complete section or not but I would pay for the complete spray no lines to worry about or any errors. When, I painted mine on the edge were wet sanded down then did a complete clear over each section. I could clear all at the same time do to the blue pearl over the black.

But the first thing at a car show with a car with stripes guy like to feel if theres and edge for them to point out.

Just a thought

How can I get in contact with this guy John Farmer? I need new stripes for my back bumper. Would you know if these stripes come pre-cut to go around the licence plate. Thank you in advance. - Kevin

How can I get in contact with this guy John Farmer? I need new stripes for my back bumper. Would you know if these stripes come pre-cut to go around the licence plate. Thank you in advance. - Kevin

www.stuckonyougraphics.com/

HalcyonShifter . I recall reading when the SGT first came out that the stripes where or where going to be Satin Silver just like that avaliable color for 07'and 08' Mustang model year. I would have to see a satin silver Mustang up close to compare. It seems like our stripes are a little more metalic. But maybe not. I hope you hear something firm about it, as many of us may be looking at painting them on some day.

smart man....the only way to go......mine are being painted on now too.......and I am putting on that new mid draw hood that clears my whipple......

but your car will always be faster Louie.... :hysterical: .Congrats!

I have been wondering when we would hear about how well the new hood clears the whipple, please create a detailed post about the install of the new hood I am waiting very impaitently.

Farmdog is one hell of a nice, honest guy. I missed sitting with him at the Bash because I left my cellphone in my car.

Archived