TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner of a 2011 GT500 :D

Transformer Guy

Just came home from the dealership after putting down my deposit on a new 2011 with trackpack in performance white with red stripe. I preferably wanted the stripe in black but couldnt go wrong with the price for the one they had there already. Paid $53,258 plus tax which came up to $60,233 tax in on the road which would have been roughly the same price if I had bought one new from the states. This will be my first domestic car and cant wait to pick it up next week. I think its a big upgrade from my Civic lol

Just came home from the dealership after putting down my deposit on a new 2011 with trackpack in performance white with red stripe. I preferably wanted the stripe in black but couldnt go wrong with the price for the one they had there already. Paid $53,258 plus tax which came up to $60,233 tax in on the road which would have been roughly the same price if I had bought one new from the states. This will be my first domestic car and cant wait to pick it up next week. I think its a big upgrade from my Civic lol

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Congratulation! That is a very good price for a great car. I'm pretty sure that you won't miss the Civic... except maybe at the gas pump :lol:

Nice car!!! I envy you big time.....Good price for up here; too bad you have the extra tax out in Ontario.

I think I'm still gonna go to the States though as a 2011 with really low mileage out there are consistently going for around 44-45K, but still looking locally too in case a great deal comes along.....Nice pics!

Do you guys think it would be a big mistake if I were to remove the original striping and re-vinyl it with a flat black stripe thats wider?

Transformer Guy,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new 2011 SVTPP, she's a beauty! What you want to do with the stripes is the only thing that counts. Some people don't like the narrow stripes and want to replace them with the traditional wide ones. Some don't like any stripe (my choice). Others want their stripes painted. However, I would leave the red ones on for now, and at some point in the future when the vinyl starts to show wear, you can then decide on the wider stripe, painted or vinyl. The wider stripes will cover any fading that may have occurred by then.

Myself, white is one of the traditional Shelby colors and I would paint the wider stripes in the corresponding blue.

Transformer Guy,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new 2011 SVTPP, she's a beauty! What you want to do with the stripes is the only thing that counts. Some people don't like the narrow stripes and want to replace them with the traditional wide ones. Some don't like any stripe (my choice). Others want their stripes painted. However, I would leave the red ones on for now, and at some point in the future when the vinyl starts to show wear, you can then decide on the wider stripe, painted or vinyl. The wider stripes will cover any fading that may have occurred by then.

Myself, white is one of the traditional Shelby colors and I would paint the wider stripes in the corresponding blue.

+1 on waiting before changing the stripes to larger ones and the fact that this all comes down to personal preferences. There is no wrong choice here. Personally, the narrower stripes is also a part of the SVTPP that I don't realy like. Ford should have given customers the choice between wide stripes, narrow stripes or no stripes at all IMHO. As far as painting them blue, while I agree that it a classic color combo that would look great on its own, I'm not sure that its the best match with the red seat inserts that red striped cars 2010 and up normally have. I might simply go with wider red stripes.

+1 on waiting before changing the stripes to larger ones and the fact that this all comes down to personal preferences. There is no wrong choice here. Personally, the narrower stripes is also a part of the SVTPP that I don't realy like. Ford should have given customers the choice between wide stripes, narrow stripes or no stripes at all IMHO. As far as painting them blue, while I agree that it a classic color combo that would look great on its own, I'm not sure that its the best match with the red seat inserts that red striped cars 2010 and up normally have. I might simply go with wider red stripes.

My bad... I totally forgot about the red striped seats! :hysterical:

The red, white, blue thing might work south of the border, but otherwise a major clash.

With my stripe delete, I'm use to the solid charcoal interior...

Yeah, wide red painted stripes!

My bad... I totally forgot about the red striped seats! :hysterical:

The red, white, blue thing might work south of the border, but otherwise a major clash.

With my stripe delete, I'm use to the solid charcoal interior...

Yeah, wide red painted stripes!

Congratulation! Keep the red and maybe a discreet red maple leaf :salute:

• 4 weeks later...

now here's also a thought if you are inclined to dress up your car a little. Go to www.bangastang.com and order yourself a painted radiator cover. You can have it painted to match your car or do some custom airbrushing, the skies the limit with them. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and found out that it's going into paint today then over to the custom airbrushers after that, then the trek up here into Ontario Canada from California.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the great looking car. Love the color combo and its seems rather fitting for us Canadians.

I know I might get slagged for saying this but I like the SVTPP narrow stripes. When I firs saw pics of them I didn't like them but by the time I saw the first one on a lot I liked it. Seems to make the PP stand out a bit.

Welcome aboard.

• 2 years later...

Archived