Jump to content
TEAM SHELBY FORUM

***DATE CHANGE*** August 21st, AmericanMuscle.Com show


ShelbyEra08

Recommended Posts

Noticed the registration for the 3rd AmericanMuscle is now open: http://www.americanmuscle.com/car-show-registration.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fbpost6202011carshow

 

It is at the Delware County Community College - Media, PA campus this year.

 

Is anyone thinking of going?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noticed the registration for the 3rd AmericanMuscle is now open: http://www.americanmuscle.com/car-show-registration.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fbpost6202011carshow

 

It is at the Delware County Community College - Media, PA campus this year.

 

Is anyone thinking of going?

 

 

Is this the same show that was held at the Kimberton Fairgrounds last Sep/ or Oct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I registered this morning.

 

I went last year, and it was a great show...my car even ended up in "5.0 Mustang & Super Fords" magazine. :happy feet:

 

Z-man

m5lp_1103_08_+2010_americanmuscle_car_show+_2008_shelby_gt500.jpg

AM Car Show.JPG

m5lp_1103_08_+2010_americanmuscle_car_show+_2008_shelby_gt500.jpg

AM Car Show.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a good show, but too far and the timing is bad w/ respect to other plans....I do hope to do Tasca on 9/10, however...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Just a few days away....anyone else going who hasn't posted above?

 

It should be a very nice show. They claim they have 750 cars (905 of which are Mustangs) that have pre-registered.

 

Z-man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a few days away....anyone else going who hasn't posted above?

 

It should be a very nice show. They claim they have 750 cars (905 of which are Mustangs) that have pre-registered.

 

Z-man

 

 

I just hope it doesnt rain on Sunday, heard 20% chance, 30% chance, 50% chance......Make sure yall take good pictures of the show :happy feet:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope it doesnt rain on Sunday, heard 20% chance, 30% chance, 50% chance......Make sure yall take good pictures of the show :happy feet:

 

 

I hope it doesn't rain either...I just got an e-mail saying they selected my car for the Dyno. I doubt they will put car on the Dyno if it rains. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weather is not sounding great for Sunday, anybody going to the CJ Pony parts show the day before, weather looks good for that so far.

 

 

I might be going to AM show now, just depends on the weather. If the Collegeville show gets postpone, i might head down to Media, AM said they are having their show Rain or Shine. I just hope this storm doesnt come till Monday morning :sing_rain:

 

I havent been to a legit car show, minus going to cruise night at a Sonic, in like 3 weeks, and there is so many this weekend, if it rains this sucks! :hysterical:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coming from AmericanMuscle facebook page:

 

Tomorrow's car show has been rain delayed until next Sunday (8/21). We said rain or shine, but we really didn’t think we’d be up against an 80% - 100% chance of thunderstorms! We’re really hoping to see all of you next weekend. If you’re from out of town and are in the neighborhood this weekend drop us a line at amshowlocal@gmail.com. If you can't make it next weekend please email us at amshowchange@gmail.com.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that's a smart decision on their part. Now I don't have to make the decision to go or not....they made it for me.

 

Luckily, next Sunday is open for me so I can make the new date. I have been waiting for this show, and I'm glad to see the rain won't lessen my enjoyment of it. :sing_rain: It also give me a few days to do some more work to the car.

 

Anyone know what the weather forecast is for next Sunday? :hide:

 

z-man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am reading some of the comments on AMericanMuscle facebook, I cant believe some people that are crying about this show being postpone.

 

This one guy keeps complaining about why you wait so late to inform us about the postponed?

 

They sent out a message 8/9am this morning. I think that is alot of noticed since the show was tomorrow. Yea granted Friday night might be better but the weather was 50% chance friday night, then went to 80-100% this morning

 

So many people forget that it is a show for a Charity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am reading some of the comments on AMericanMuscle facebook, I cant believe some people that are crying about this show being postpone.

 

This one guy keeps complaining about why you wait so late to inform us about the postponed?

 

They sent out a message 8/9am this morning. I think that is alot of noticed since the show was tomorrow. Yea granted Friday night might be better but the weather was 50% chance friday night, then went to 80-100% this morning

 

So many people forget that it is a show for a Charity.

 

 

I think their 'customer service' (I'm not sure what else to call it), was excellent. I called them on Friday to ask about the show, and the phone barely had a chance to ring before they picked it up. At that time, they were still planning on having the show, as it was a rain or shine event. I even said that although, depending on the weather, I might decide not to attend, I fully understood how difficult it would be for them to re-schedule everything.

 

The next Morning (Saturday), there was an e-mail waiting for me in my in-box stating the show was postponed due to the extremely bad weather forecast. The e-mail was sent at 9:21 am. They said rain or shine was one thing, but severe thunderstorms and localized flooding was something else.

 

Around 10:00 am , I received a phone call from America Muscle. It was prerecorded (not live), again telling me the show was rescheduled to next Sunday due to the bad weather, and they hoped I could still attend. There was even a phone number to call back with questions, or if you couldn't make it next Sunday.

 

I called the number, and again, the phone was picked up right away. I asked about the car show, and the guy on the other end of the phone immediately started to apologize for the inconvenience, but said they were worried about people safety, and possible damage to attendees cars. He said everything would work the same for next Sunday, just show with your paperwork like the show hadn't been changed.

 

I should further state that last year, I also received follow-up e-mails about the show, and a phone call reminding me to not to forget to attend.

 

How can anyone complain about that level of customer service, pro-active followup, and in the case of postponing this years show, concern for peoples safety and potential damage to our cars.

 

American Muscle should be applauded for their actions, not have people complain about what they did.

 

Z-man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good stuff about the Customer Service Z, I never dealt with AM because I dont buy parts from them.

 

Although been trying to get a job there, but never get a call back :shrug:.............that is another story

 

Anywho, cant please everyone you going to have those people that complain. You get that everywhere, even at FREE cruise nights.

 

People want their way but dont think about the important parts, like if there is a T-Storm going on, you have Metal everywhere with cars, speaker towers, dyno unit, etc.... Got to put safety 1st. Havent had the severe t-storm in this area yet, but still with the steady rain, the show would be boring and probably the 750 cars would be 20-50 cars

 

Just hope next weekend will be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How is/was the show? Did you get any rain? I got poured with big thunderstorm on at a Show around 1:30pm in the Collegeville/Oaks area so packed up everything and went home and now its sunny :rant2:

 

 

I drove through some rain on the way there, but it wasn't even enough to make me turn on my windshield wipers.

 

By the time I got to the show, the sun was out. They had selected my car for the dyno, so they parked me right next to it until it was my turn. My car had never been dyno'ed before, and I have to admit I was a little nervous. I didn't spend as much time as I normally do looking at the other cars, as I didn't want to get to far from mine and lose my place in the line...or be to far away if the sky opened up and the rains came. My car is completely stock 'engine-wise', but I did load a 93 octane "race" tune for the dyno. Long story short, I made 485 rwhp in the hot, humid, weather. Using a 15% correction factor for drivetrain losses, that would be about 558 hp at the flywheel....I'm happy with that. I already have a JLT intake, that the guys at the show said would be good for at least another 30 hp.

 

GoldGus was there too, He was also selected for the dyno and did 555 rwhp. He say's he's gunning for 600 rwhp next year.

 

The show had allot of car, especially considering the somewhat 'sketchy' weather forecast. It stayed nice until about 2:30. Then the sky turned dark gray, and lightening started. I slammed the hood, rolled up the windows, and headed home. Drove through some heavy rain on the way home.

 

All in all , a good show, but if the weather was better, I'd still be there now instead of typing this.

 

Z-man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
...