TEAM SHELBY FORUM

flowmaster mufflers for my sgt

anybody out there run flowmaster mufflers on their sgt? I won a pair in a raffle at a show and shine. if you have, what series are they and how is the sound and is there much drone inside the car? ( I think i get to select to choose which series) I would like something a little more aggresive than stock thank-you in advance for any and all info . roy aka hotford

I have flowmasters on my SGT with a Whipple 550 and YES I do get highway drone and they seem to be pretty quiet at WOT all I hear is the Whipple whining. I bought the car used and the previous owner put them on so I do not know which model they are, I can see if there is a number on them and let you know.

At idle they do have a nice little rumble but for the most part they are very quiet.

Swap em out and drive with them for a while to get a feel for them. If you don't like them, I would highly recommend SLP Loudmouths. That's what I've got on mine, they've got a nice rumble at idle, roar at WOT, and are nice & quiet with cruisin around. I get a slight drone under throttle at around 1000 RPM's, but its not bad, and how often is the car ever driven at that condition anyways?.. Just my $.02

I used to run flowmaster mufflers years ago, but not on the S197. They have a low burble to them that smooths out when revved up; they somewhat quieter with higher rpms. Flowmaster claims better flow than any other type of muffler, and that's hard to believe with a chambered muffler. However, I will say that their noise cancellation design does work. If you insist on chambered muffler, check out Edelbrocks design.

I currently have the FM Original 40s on my SGT with the Shelby 4 inch tips. I get many positive comments about the nice throaty rumble they have. There is some drone to them inside the car, but it doesn't bother me. I think there is a thread somewhere that posts up some sound bites.

I currently have the FM Original 40s on my SGT with the Shelby 4 inch tips. I get many positive comments about the nice throaty rumble they have. There is some drone to them inside the car, but it doesn't bother me. I think there is a thread somewhere that posts up some sound bites.

How can you drive a muscle car without being able to hear the sound of your sweet sounding exhaust systems. I did do sound & heat barriers but for road noise and temp but my exhaust is still heard with the windows up or why drive it. You can get a minivan for a quiet ride !!! :hysterical:

Archived