TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Identify My Exhaust

Hey, i bought my 08sgt last summer. i tested out 2 08SGTS one black 1 and the vista blue i felt that vista blue was faster.. and i took it... No mods i have done to it but the outside.The exhuast sounds different to me but i think u guys might know better then me.... heres a video

011-3.jpg

Some Fathers Day Pics

013-5.jpg

008-3.jpg

Couple of questions:

Does the vehicle have headers?

What does the exhaust look like from the exhaust manifolds back....X or H setup?

What other mods do you know of that have been made to the vehicle? Heads? Tuner? Other?

Any other identifying markers on the mufflers? Left or right or front of muffler? Mirror and flashlight will reveal the top.

Couple of questions:

Does the vehicle have headers?

What does the exhaust look like from the exhaust manifolds back....X or H setup?

What other mods do you know of that have been made to the vehicle? Heads? Tuner? Other?

Any other identifying markers on the mufflers? Left or right or front of muffler? Mirror and flashlight will reveal the top.

No i have not touched any parts but the outside yet. its a X pipe, I have no clue neither does the dealer it was only there for 4 days before it was sold to me.. im going to check it out with the mirror and flashing later tonight

Also, are there pins in the hood pin setup? I don't see them or can't seem them. Maybe on the left from a drivers seat position? There are usually keepers with them.....a small braided steel cord wrapped in clear heavy plastic protectant.

Also, are there pins in the hood pin setup? I don't see them or can't seem them. Maybe on the left from a drivers seat position? There are usually keepers with them.....a small braided steel cord wrapped in clear heavy plastic protectant.

There is but i just dont have them on. i havent got around to putting them on.

Stock exhaust. I doubt he can remove the letters without spotting the stripes. Oh I forgot they are spotted anyway! (not knocking your ride...we all have the stripe spotting problem).

What u mean spotted? i got them redone when i bought it cause they were faded there are 1 bubble in back of the hood and by the back were its shelby they didnt peel off the older 1s.. The letters have rubber on back and is soft i tested one out already taking it on and then off no problem but when its comes time to take them off for the Painted strips ill make them more spaced out equaly

The 'E' and the 'L' are closer together than the others- that's all. The exhaust sounds like one of the Ford Racing sets- nothing that odd- probably 'stock' for a SGT.

Yeah i put them close because i want it to be in the 2 stripes down

Edited by hydroz

The black one you tested was a 2007 which has an H pipe instead of an X-pipe. 2007 SGT's came in black and white, 2008's came in Vista Blue only and Orange for the 200 Cali specials. The 2007 and 2008's had the same engine tune from Shelby Motors. My nieghbors black 2007 and my 2008 sound different from each other. My guess is the H-pipe vs. the X-pipe.

Hey, i bought my 08sgt last summer. i tested out 2 08SGTS one black 1 and the vista blue i felt that vista blue was faster.. and i took it... No mods i have done to it but the outside.The exhuast sounds different to me but i think u guys might know better then me.... heres a video

011-3.jpg

Some Fathers Day Pics

013-5.jpg

008-3.jpg

The black one you tested was a 2007 which has an H pipe instead of an X-pipe. 2007 SGT's came in black and white, 2008's came in Vista Blue only and Orange for the 200 Cali specials. The 2007 and 2008's had the same engine tune from Shelby Motors. My nieghbors black 2007 and my 2008 sound different from each other. My guess is the H-pipe vs. the X-pipe.

Are you saying 07 Shelby GT's came with H pipes ? That is not correct. It is also incorrect to believe that black is not the fastest color. :redcard:

At least the ones I've looked under all have had the H pipe. Maybe they ran out of H pipes at some point in production and started putting X pipes in?? Any who, I just bought a 2004 Black convertable and I can tell you for sure its not the fastest! V6 power baby! Got the ugliest intake manifold I've ever seen!

Are you saying 07 Shelby GT's came with H pipes ? That is not correct. It is also incorrect to believe that black is not the fastest color. :redcard:

Edited by johnrehder

At least the ones I've looked under all have had the H pipe. Maybe they ran out of H pipes at some point in production and started putting X pipes in?? Any who, I just bought a 2004 Black convertable and I can tell you for sure its not the fastest! V6 power baby! Got the ugliest intake manifold I've ever seen!

Just crawled under mine, definitely an X pipe.