TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 with Vossen CV3 Wheels

Just got my Vossen CV3 mat silver with machined spokes installed. Captured a few pictures so I figured I'd post them. I know they're not everyones choice and it took me a bit to get used to them over the CS40s. I kept the 285/30-20s and 255/35-20 Nittos since they only had 1k miles. I think they look pretty good with the Vista/Tungsten stripes. I kept my CS40s until I decide if I really like them but as of now I think I'm keeping them.

They are an open design, which takes some getting used to since you can see everything about the brakes, good and bad. They definitely call out for the big brake kit on the back. This is the newest wheel from Vossen. Very good quality and pretty light for 20s.

Here's some pics I took yesterday and today. Oh yea, I installed some pit stripes yesterday afternoon so the pics today have them. I always liked the way those stripes look. Let me know what you think.

IMG_9610_small.jpg

IMG_9611_small.jpg

IMG_9603_small.jpg

IMG_9636_small-1.jpg

IMG_9612_small.jpg

IMG_9629_small.jpg

Just got my Vossen CV3 mat silver with machined spokes installed. Captured a few pictures so I figured I'd post them. I know they're not everyones choice and it took me a bit to get used to them over the CS40s. I kept the 285/30-20s and 255/35-20 Nittos since they only had 1k miles. I think they look pretty good with the Vista/Tungsten stripes. I kept my CS40s until I decide if I really like them but as of now I think I'm keeping them.

They are an open design, which takes some getting used to since you can see everything about the brakes, good and bad. They definitely call out for the big brake kit on the back. This is the newest wheel from Vossen. Very good quality and pretty light for 20s.

Here's some pics I took yesterday and today. Oh yea, I installed some pit stripes yesterday afternoon so the pics today have them. I always liked the way those stripes look. Let me know what you think.

Holy shnickes sweet ride. Love the wheels.

IMG_9610_small.jpg

IMG_9611_small.jpg

IMG_9603_small.jpg

IMG_9636_small-1.jpg

IMG_9612_small.jpg

IMG_9629_small.jpg

IMG_9610_small.jpg

IMG_9611_small.jpg

IMG_9603_small.jpg

IMG_9636_small-1.jpg

IMG_9612_small.jpg

IMG_9629_small.jpg

Let me know when you might sell the CS40's. Rick

I think they look awesome! I always loved the look of the old Salleen wheels on mustangs because they were so open. Now these are much different but I love that open 5 spoke rim where the spokes come to the edge of the tire. Especially in the back how they get wider as they go out from the center!! beautiful man, nice choice!

As it turns out...I searched and searched for wheels for my '07 500 for the full 4 years of ownership, to no avail.

Yes, the Saleens with the similar design (like Brians...blkgt500nca) were very close to being on my car, but then the Cragar GT350 20"-ers were in the running too. Then I sold it! But, I must say...these Vossen's.......OOOOOOHHHHH, yeahhhhh babby!! The silver is stealthy looking too! Those deep dish rears are awesome as well.

REALLY, REALLY Love 'em bro...

I (used to) have my heart set on a set of COR Forged (Modell) rims. They are pricey, but would be made to my exact specs for width, backspacing, etc...

Now I may have to reconsider!!!

Thanks, appreciate it. Just in case your interested the backspacing is as follows:

20x9 = +32 backpacing

20x10.5 = +45 backspacing

Also, the wheel weights are as follows:

20x9 = 25 lbs

20x10.5 = 27 lbs

Which is less than the stock wheels at 29 all the way around.

Just in case you all wanted to know.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

yes you were.

Can you send me a quote for these same wheels with tires and tpms mounted and balanced? Or if not best place to get them? I want the same EXACT thing as he has..for my 2011 Kona Blue Vert!

OP...they look freaking amazing! I was like that's the wheel I want...first wheel I've done that on yet!

IMG_9610_small.jpg

IMG_9611_small.jpg

IMG_9603_small.jpg

IMG_9636_small-1.jpg

IMG_9612_small.jpg

IMG_9629_small.jpg

The first one with the wheels!

t.jpg

u.jpg

Hey...do you guys have the e-mail address or phone and name for where you go those wheels? I'd like to call them...now. And did you just get the wheels from them or a complete wheel, tire, tpms, mount and balance set up? I'd like to get that for my car. It is the first wheel I have seen that the minute I saw it on the car I loved it. Most I have to think about!

I was going to do the SVTPP 19/20 rims....but...I may spend a few more nickels for these!

Archived