TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby The Man; The Legend...

BIKEBOY

:soapbox:

Lately reading through our forums here, I am seeing a growing trend of inference to Mr. Shelby as, "The Old Man". The other night I was reading a post that basically said, "when the old man is gone, etc..."

Now, I for one take offense to that for him, because I for one also believe that in his almost 90 years on this planet and in this business, he has quite certainly earned and deserves more respect than that! I mean, c'mon guys...when you log on here, you have logged into the Team Shelby Forum...not some Camaro forum? I am asking that from now on we please refrain from referring to Carroll Shelby as 'The Old Man'! I would appreciate it and I know his family and employees at SAI would also appreciate it.

Thank you.

Now go out and make it a wonderful Fathers Day weekend! :D

Lately reading through our forums here, I am seeing a growing trend of inference to Mr. Shelby as, "The Old Man". The other night I was reading a post that basically said, "when the old man is gone, etc..."

Now, I for one take offense to that for him, because I for one also believe that in his almost 90 years on this planet and in this business, he has quite certainly earned and deserves more respect than that! I mean, c'mon guys...when you log on here, you have logged into the Team Shelby Forum...not some Camaro forum? I am asking that from now on we please refrain from referring to Carroll Shelby as 'The Old Man'! I would appreciate it and I know his family and employees at SAI would also appreciate it.

Thank you.

yup.gif

I agree 100% with not using the "OLD MAN" phrase. WHAMMER did express an OPINION and those are always welcome, however, the last sentence of the post below was a downer.

Also, I'm sure WHAMMER did not mean anything in disrespect but I think that term is disrespectful. CS has earned more than respect ------ he's a legend.

Whammers original post:

Who knows where the Mustang might end up being built. The early reports say that the 2014-15 mustang will be built on a global platform and sold worldwide. It makes good sense for Ford to do this with the Mustang. But it also means the car could be built somewhere else or built in a different assembly plant in the US.

My opinion is the new Mustang will be far less retro looking and will be designed to appeal to a younger car buying market.

If there was no Shelby , I would still rather have a GT than a Camaro.

I also think that when the old man is gone that it will be the end of Shelby. I'm sure many will disagree with me but that's my opinion.

Thank you.

I agree. If you notice, I try, in many of my post, to refer him as Mr. Shelby. I always showed respect for my elders while growing up. To this day, I still do. As a father, I will pass this belief to my kids. And thank you, Happy Fathers Day to you and to all the other dads out there.

Thank you.

The first time I had the pleasure meeting Mr. Shelby he said "Hey their young man........call me Carroll."...... to which I responded "Yes Sir Mr. Shelby"........ :doh:

Thank you.

I love you man... :beerchug:

Carroll Shelby, a legend indeed. :superhero:

Chris, you're on a roll... which begs the question, when are you going to roll again in a Shelby??? :)

:waiting:

The first time I had the pleasure meeting Mr. Shelby he said "Hey their young man........call me Carroll."...... to which I responded "Yes Sir Mr. Shelby"........ :doh:

Probably would do the same thing... :finger:

Happy Fathers day to all!

:salute:

Put it this way, I will keep calling him Mr. Shelby. If I ever get a chance to meet him and he tells me to call him Caroll, well I guess I will call him by his first name.

+1

Carroll Shelby is a legend, and for that reason alone deserves our respect..

Chris, you're on a roll... which begs the question, when are you going to roll again in a Shelby??? :)

Hahaha...Ahhh, the million $$$ question? You know, I installed a short shifter in the 135i last week and the car 'came alive'!

For now, I'm enjoying single cardome...? Cardome? Not too sure if that might be a George W. phrase!? Anyway, I have been running lot's of possibilities through my peabrain, and past Gina. You know what she wants...a GM car. Another Corvette. In my heart of hearts, I would love to have a GT350, but am sincerely afraid of being too scared to drive it and damage it. I drive the BMW like I stole it and it's got several scratches on it now and I don't fret over them. For now, I will continue enjoying my new shifter and finally put some miles on the Bimmer! Thanks for asking!

Chris

Put it this way, I will keep calling him Mr. Shelby. If I ever get a chance to meet him and he tells me to call him Carroll, well I guess I will call him by his first name.

I have since called him Carroll. Still feels wrong but I do what I'm told.

+7

I always refer to Carroll Shelby as Carroll Shelby. I don't know him on a personal basis- wish I did. So, Carroll seems wrong to me. Mr. Shelby works too.

Whammer does bring up one interesting point though, it's also one I've talked about- will you consider future Shelby cars true Shelbys if Carroll Shelby isn't designing them?

Archived