TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Rear Diff Cover on a 2012

Freak

Hey guys,

I read in another forum, that the rear axle vent was moved to the differential cover in 2011, so I'm wondering if the FRPP cover has a vent or if there is another way to vent the axle. Or maybe I read wrong...

Thanks

Troy

Hey guys,

I read in another forum, that the rear axle vent was moved to the differential cover in 2011, so I'm wondering if the FRPP cover has a vent or if there is another way to vent the axle. Or maybe I read wrong...

Thanks

Troy

So, you already have the SVT PP/Boss finned aluminum cover on your car? If yes, why would you want to change that for the FRPP cover? Because of the load bolts?

If not (meaning you don't have the aluminum cover), then your axle will be vented from atop of one of the axle tubes. At that point you could add whatever cover you wished, vented or not.

So, you already have the SVT PP/Boss finned aluminum cover on your car? If yes, why would you want to change that for the FRPP cover? Because of the load bolts?

If not (meaning you don't have the aluminum cover), then your axle will be vented from atop of one of the axle tubes. At that point you could add whatever cover you wished, vented or not.

I didn't don't have the SVTPP, but I just crawled under the car again, and I definitely have the finned cover and there is what looks like a vent at the top. There are two reasons I want to go with the FRPP cover, the load bolts are one, but I'm not super concerned about that until I get some mods on it, and then I'll want to beef the rear end a bit.

The other, more immediate reason, is that I want to put a watts link on, and I've read on here that the only cover that will clear it is the FRPP one (or I assume a stamped steel one).

I guess I'll just have to jack her up, and see of there is another vent, or at least a provision for a vent.

Thanks for the help.

I didn't don't have the SVTPP, but I just crawled under the car again, and I definitely have the finned cover and there is what looks like a vent at the top. There are two reasons I want to go with the FRPP cover, the load bolts are one, but I'm not super concerned about that until I get some mods on it, and then I'll want to beef the rear end a bit.

The other, more immediate reason, is that I want to put a watts link on, and I've read on here that the only cover that will clear it is the FRPP one (or I assume a stamped steel one).

I guess I'll just have to jack her up, and see of there is another vent, or at least a provision for a vent.

Thanks for the help.

Your cover will work with a Shelby Watts Link or Fays2Watts Link, you may need to trim two fins just a bit. If I had your cover, this is what I would do.

Edit: I'm using a modified KR style cover as are many others with Fays2, work good! You can also keep the vent in the KR style cover if you need to.

Your cover will work with a Shelby Watts Link or Fays2Watts Link, you may need to trim two fins just a bit. If I had your cover, this is what I would do.

Edit: I'm using a modified KR style cover as are many others with Fays2, work good! You can also keep the vent in the KR style cover if you need to.

Good to know. Thanks a bunch guys!

Archived