TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Proud New 08' SGT Owner

2+2

2008 Shelby GT automatic coupe #1929 is now safe and sound in its new home in Nebraska. My wife and I flew to California and drove it back via the Pacific Coast Highway / Route 66 / Grand Canyon / and Rocky Mountains. Wow what a ride! I will post some pictures when I figure out why it wont let me... Shelby Automobiles got everything right with this car. The pakage is the perfect match. The car is better than I imagined. I own a 65' fastback and a 70'Mach 1, and the SGT might be the best of them all..The previous owner ordered this car with about every option ( automatic ,navigation, hid , heated seats) and did a great job of keeping it in perfect shape. After driving the car through Los Angles traffic, I sure know why they got the automatic.

I waited a long time to be able to post this. I am going to drive the wheels off this car just like Shelby would want me to Hope to make many show and shines also..

2008 Shelby GT automatic coupe #1929 is now safe and sound in its new home in Nebraska. My wife and I flew to California and drove it back via the Pacific Coast Highway / Route 66 / Grand Canyon / and Rocky Mountains. Wow what a ride! I will post some pictures when I figure out why it wont let me... Shelby Automobiles got everything right with this car. The pakage is the perfect match. The car is better than I imagined. I own a 65' fastback and a 70'Mach 1, and the SGT might be the best of them all..The previous owner ordered this car with about every option ( automatic ,navigation, hid , heated seats) and did a great job of keeping it in perfect shape. After driving the car through Los Angles traffic, I sure know why they got the automatic.

I waited a long time to be able to post this. I am going to drive the wheels off this car just like Shelby would want me to Hope to make many show and shines also..

Congrats, welcome, and you have the right attitude: DRIVE IT!

Enjoy,

Jer

Congratulations!!

Sounds like you had a great trip home. Southern California traffic is the reason why I got an automatic...lol

Dan

Thanks everyone. After getting the Shelby from the dealer, we first drove through the canyons on the way down to Malibu. Thats when it hit me that I finally was driving MY/OUR Shelby. We took this picture on the PCA near Malibu.

post-14450-0-79678800-1308231621_thumb.jpg

post-14450-0-79678800-1308231621_thumb.jpg

Congrats on car besure to check around hood pins my paint just started bubbling up on my 08SGT They say its the stainless screws .

We then headed out of L.A. and had to decide whether to go to the Shelby plant in Las Vegas, or go the the Grand Canyon. Since we had already been to the Shelby factory twice before we decided on the Grand Canyon. Only die-hard Shelby nuts would understand how hard that decision was. Here is a picture of the eight wonder of the world parked near the edge of the seventh wonder of the world. I actually keep looking at the SGT instead of the Canyon.

post-14450-0-01244000-1308274413_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on the new ride! I too am a new owner of 07SGT3852 and brought her home Tuesday night! :headspin:

post-30669-0-70481700-1308277133_thumb.jpg

Way to go you your ride too ValyCop. If you are like me, you always had a goal of one day owning a Shelby.

Back in 1970 I had a chance to buy a 1965 Shelby GT350 from a close high school friend for $3k and turned him down. I have been kicking myself for forty years so when I saw this one on CarMax and it had only 7K miles on it I jumped at the chance. I haven't grinned this much since my divorce came through from my first wife! :hysterical:

Back in 1970 I had a chance to buy a 1965 Shelby GT350 from a close high school friend for $3k and turned him down. I have been kicking myself for forty years so when I saw this one on CarMax and it had only 7K miles on it I jumped at the chance. I haven't grinned this much since my divorce came through from my first wife! :hysterical:

Many of us have similar stories... good for you!!!!

Jer

Many of us have similar stories... good for you!!!!

Jer

Thanks Jer, it really is a dream finally realized.

We then headed out of L.A. and had to decide whether to go to the Shelby plant in Las Vegas, or go the the Grand Canyon. Since we had already been to the Shelby factory twice before we decided on the Grand Canyon. Only die-hard Shelby nuts would understand how hard that decision was. Here is a picture of the eight wonder of the world parked near the edge of the seventh wonder of the world. I actually keep looking at the SGT instead of the Canyon.

Great pic 2+2

:banghead:

You must be tired from kicking yourself.................... let me help out :finger:

The white 1965 fastback that I now own was purchased by my uncle brand new. When he went to the dealer that day in 1965 to order it, he wanted the Shelby pakage, only to find out it was an additional $1,500.00. He asked what you got for that much money and was told , a high rise manifold , bigger carb, and wheels. He said that was crazy and bought a plain jane white 289 and Sheblyized it himself with Cal Custom, Weiand, Holly, and five spoke mags for around $500.00. Sound familar ? I have that car as is today and resisted putting LeMans stripes on it to make it a clone, because I felt I would someday get the real deal. Thanks to Shelby in 2007 and 2008 for making the SGT a car that a working man can afford,

Now back to the trip home. After leaving the Grand Canyon, we had another decision to make. Go back South and then North through Oklahoma, or turn left and go home via the painted desert and Rocky mountains. We took the left turn and headed toward Utah on a two lane highway. The picture is of a road we where on just made for a wild Mustang. The problem was we ran into road construction, and was then held to a halt for over thirty minutes in the middle of nowhere. When I ask what the hold up was, they told me I had to wait until all the tar they just poured dried. Oh no! Too late to turn around. I went really slow and got through it just fine all the while hearing occasional rock chips hit the fenderwells . All I could think about was, Shelby said these car where meant to be driven. So off we went.

post-14450-0-13634600-1308332616_thumb.jpg

post-14450-0-13634600-1308332616_thumb.jpg

Archived