TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stanley Cup finals game 7

Only hours til game 7 starts and it's crazy here in Vancouver. I went out for a spin and the bars on Granville St are already lined up!! I live very close to the chaos so if the Canucks win it will be a sleepless night.

IMAG0997.jpg

AWESOME! I'm too afraid to take my car into the big cities!

I hope you're keeping your cars in a protected place tonight in case the Canucks win and there are riots in the streets! Or don't they do that up in Canada? I always hate when I hear about them turning over cars and such when a basketball team wins a championship down here in the USA. Disgusting.

AWESOME! I'm too afraid to take my car into the big cities!

I hope you're keeping your cars in a protected place tonight in case the Canucks win and there are riots in the streets! Or don't they do that up in Canada? I always hate when I hear about them turning over cars and such when a basketball team wins a championship down here in the USA. Disgusting.

Driving in a big city is always a challenge...pedestrians....cyclists....other motorists...etc....and only about 1/3 of everyone seems to obey any of the rules of the road...common sense ain't to common anymore. Lol

You have to be sharp to be sure...100% attention to driving to avoid all the careless idiots out there.

If the Canucks win it will be a sleepless night here. I live pretty close to ground zero. Lol

My cars are secure in our gated parkade and the building security guards love the Mustangs. So they should be ok.

I can already hear the helicopters flying around and people cheering...game time in 1 hour!!

Here's the view out of our buildings gym, facing north towards downtown Vancouver. Rogers Arena is under the black arrow I drew on the pic.

IMAG1005.jpg

I've only lived in Vancouver for just over a year...more of an Edmonton Oilers fan..I remember our glory years..5 cups!!! I don't really care who wins....but it would be fun razzing my Canuck friends if they lose. Kinda like razzing my Camaro buddies when they lose. Lol

I just hope the fans don't trash the place when it's all over.

It isn't looking good.

3 zip after 2...you can almost hear the fat lady singing. Lol

The lynch mob could be out for the Sedin sisters tonight......

Tim Thomas had a terrific 2011 playoff run. The guy was a WALL !!

Thomas was awesome!!!

This means I might get some sleep tonight!!

The better team won.

to me the twins had zero oz. of fight in them, not grit, no sense of urgency. i mean this is freaking game 7!!!! the bruins man handled both of them, period. and of course goalie was SOFT!

great for boston ;-) . . . . but one of the worst game 7 competition-wise game ever.

Thomas was awesome!!!

This means I might get some sleep tonight!!

The better team won.

Hey, sorry your team did not win. I know that hurts....ask me how I know? Been a NY Ranger fan my entire life and had to endure the Islanders killing it in the '80's.

1994 is a year I will never forget. Unfortunately for you, we also beat your team for the cup.

Hey, sorry your team did not win. I know that hurts....ask me how I know? Been a NY Ranger fan my entire life and had to endure the Islanders killing it in the '80's.

1994 is a year I will never forget. Unfortunately for you, we also beat your team for the cup.

Not my team. I'm no Canucks fan.I'm from Edmonton, go Oilers!!! I liked seeing the Rangers win the cup...Messier rules!!

It's pretty scary out here right now. Looting, fires...all kinds of bad stuff!!

Someone smashed a glass deck wall on our common deck and cars on fire downtown....looting....not cool!!! Effin loser hooligans!!

IMAG1015.jpg

IMAG1014.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

I thought Canadian fans would have a bit more class than our fans..but I guess not. This is why I stopped being passionate about any sports teams. Just horrible and stupid people out there:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AgAM3ytopikXlZO3ZIYXknphv6F4?slug=ap-stanleycup-vancouverscene

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=capress-hkn_stanley_cup_riots_list-7164094

I don't get Vancouver. Beautiful city and suppose to have "progressive left wing" people living there. Win or loose a whole bunch of them would act like jack @sses. I'm from Alberta and when Edmonton and Calgary were winning the Cup in the 80's AND when they were both loosing the cup in the 2000's there was no rioting. Whats wrong with with the Vancouver. Is it the wacky tobacky driving a whole bunch of you all over the edge?

Grow up Vancouver.

QSS

I am so disappointed in sports fans today. I grew up loving the Philadelphia Eagles. This was as an AZ. resident. Remember...we had no pro football team till '88. It's argueable that they even do to this day??? Nonetheless, now I live within 50 some odd miles of the Eagles home, and cannot wait to go to a game! That said, you can not believe the amount of NJ locals here that have warned me about going to a game? They say it's unsafe. "Philly fans are the worst!" they say. Well, after last night, I'm not so sure it's specific to any town anymore?

BBS4- you are onto something there. I am losing interest in sports the older I get too. I am lastly hanging on to the NFL...that's about it.

Those weren't hockey fans that did the damage last night...just a bunch of douchbags out to stir up shit and cause chaos. If the canucks had won the outcome would have still been the same. Fans don't wear bandana's to cover their faces and bring back packs carrying rocks, lighter fluid and pipes to watch a game. I hope they are able to ID a good portion of the goofs that caused the mess and bring charges against them

Those weren't hockey fans that did the damage last night...just a bunch of douchbags out to stir up shit and cause chaos. If the canucks had won the outcome would have still been the same. Fans don't wear bandana's to cover their faces and bring back packs carrying rocks, lighter fluid and pipes to watch a game. I hope they are able to ID a good portion of the goofs that caused the mess and bring charges against them

+1

Just a bunch of hoodlums waiting for an excuse. They were going rioting regardless of the outcome.

Very well said had nothing to do with true hockey fans just asshole douchbags....However I blame the police also

for not listening to the warning before hand like leaving cars parked down town they should have known better

and the store windows were suppose tro be changed to unbreakable glass after the last riots...That would be

the city's fault not the police...Folkin disgusting either way.

Great point.......................... Dirt bags like these look for any reason to cause trouble.

Archived