TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gauges difficult to see in bright sun

I have a 2007 GT 500. I posted last year about the gauges being very dark and hard to see in bright sunlight. I still have not figured out what to do. My 99 Cobra had white face gauges and they were very easy to see. It is impossible for me to read them with sunglasses. During the day they dim if I turn on the headlights. At night they are great. Maybe I am the only one having this problem. I would greatly appreciate a possible solution. Thanks.

You can get a white or several other cover overlays for the GT500 from USSpeedo.com. Last I looked, they didn't have them on their website (they never did). So give them a call. I've got one and I love it. Also, search this forum. There are several threads devoted to this overlay. Pay special attention to posts from Cubican. They're very helpful.

Maybe it's because the sun comes out so seldom in Spokane? :headscratch: I have an 07 vert that I drive year round, day and night and the only thing I can't see in the bright sun is the radio readout. Does your dash light up when you turn the ignition on? Mine do and I generally don't have trouble seeing them. Maybe your's aren't lighting up?

You can get a white or several other cover overlays for the GT500 from USSpeedo.com.

+1 on the US Speedo gages. Very nice, high quality product. Easy to install, easy to read, and they look great.

Hardest part was getting the cohonies to yank on the gage needles hard enough to remove them from the gage faces (they take more force than you think to remove them).

Here is a copy of the installation directions.

Z-man

Mustang 05-09 Gauge Install New1.pdf

Mustang 05-09 Gauge Install New1.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the US Speedo gages. Very nice, high quality product. Easy to install, easy to read, and they look great.

Hardest part was getting the cohonies to yank on the gage needles hard enough to remove them from the gage faces (they take more force than you think to remove them).

Here is a copy of the installation directions.

Z-man

I have not been on the site for over a week. I was pleasantly surprised to see some responses. Thanks to the ones who replied and I am going to order the white overlays if they are available.

Archived