TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shipping a car from CA to KY?

thewheelman

My son is currently living in Sacramento and will soon be moving to Hawaii. If, by some miracle, his car sells, we won't need to ship it. But, it looks like time is going to run out on them and we may have to ship it home. I don't have the time or inclination to drive to the west coast from KY and haul it back. So, where do we begin on shipping a car from Sacramento to Kentucky? Shipping his other vehicle to Hawaii was pretty cut and dried (military). But getting his 1973 Jensen Healey home is a whole different matter! I don't have a clue as to where to start? Any shipping companies with GOOD reputations? Any to avoid?

Thanks, it's his baby......

My son is currently living in Sacramento and will soon be moving to Hawaii. If, by some miracle, his car sells, we won't need to ship it. But, it looks like time is going to run out on them and we may have to ship it home. I don't have the time or inclination to drive to the west coast from KY and haul it back. So, where do we begin on shipping a car from Sacramento to Kentucky? Shipping his other vehicle to Hawaii was pretty cut and dried (military). But getting his 1973 Jensen Healey home is a whole different matter! I don't have a clue as to where to start? Any shipping companies with GOOD reputations? Any to avoid?

Thanks, it's his baby......

Hi Hal -

I had a great experience with Intercity.

http://www.intercitylines.com/

I shipped a 66 Mustang to Texas and had another shipped from Texas with no problems at all. They used enclosed trailers and a lot of their drivers are couples who do this full time. I would definitely recommend them.

-Leonard

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought our 2008 Shelby GT from a dealer near L.A. California. I had a transport truck all lined up, but did not have a good feeling after reading the fine print, and no firm deliverary date. When I found out I could fly from Nebraska to L.A. International for $135.00, We decided to fly out and drive it back. What a fun trip. Glad we did. And it got TLC on the trip back. Plus a litlle cost savings.

Hi Hal -

I had a great experience with Intercity.

http://www.intercitylines.com/

I shipped a 66 Mustang to Texas and had another shipped from Texas with no problems at all. They used enclosed trailers and a lot of their drivers are couples who do this full time. I would definitely recommend them.

-Leonard

For wht its worth we use Intercity alot and would definitely reccommend. The one time we used another carrier to ship a car because they could get it to us quicker I thought my wife was going to come un-glued on the driver after the door was opened. We wont stray from intercity again.

Archived