TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011-12 GT350 "cammed" tune

:(

If they have a problem with it and it results to legal issues, them why can't ford just offer it as a tune on the Ford racing website if it has been so successful in the aftermarket tune world.

That may be exactly what they intend. I wouldn't be surprised if the offer the 'Track Key' or the like as an aftermarket item or dealer installed accessory.

i've heard that "cam" tune on a gt350 625hp car in person and it sounds really really wicked! Thats one of the first things i'd get if i had a 350.

I would love to have this tune for my gt350 624hp car. Where do I get it? How much does it cost? Will it hurt anything on the engine?

Thanks for any information.

Kris

You don't want it. -unless you enjoy dropping money on plugs every couple months. It really dirties up your plugs from all the fuel it dumps in.

The sound is awesome I admit, but I think I will only use it in rare cases. I honestly had trouble keeping my car from stalling with that tune.

Actually does overfueling effect the cylinder walls as well? I know in marine diesels it causes tge walls to scuff and burn up a cylinder bore.

Sounds sketchy to me. If you want a cammed sound add some cams...I'd bet the shop at SA could make that happen...

Actually does overfueling effect the cylinder walls as well? ...

You can definitely flood the cylinder and wash the cylinder walls of any oil- not a good situation.

BTW, there was an article that talked to American Muscle about the ghost cams tune. There was no power gain from them- they simply changed the idle. Supposedly, Ford never made any legal action. It was an agreement of sorts that Lund wounldn't sell the tune; since he was the only one that figured it out.

Yup...its not a big deal...Ive heard a lot of different stories over what bad it does, but after getting on my car at Hallett this last week, I dont think I can say it did any damage having the cam tune in while I did use it.

No, my big problem was brakes...Gary P. and I went out first morning and just ruined the brakes....rotors, pads, pistons...it was EPIC! :hysterical:

We had to order some parts to get fixed, so my track time ended Wednesday, with no more than just a parade session the rest of the weekend. I still cant believe how fast Gary is, and he LOVED the power my car puts to the ground. He felt that just a couple small tweaks would make this a formidable car on the track for sure. (Except for the fact that I CANT drive like Gary. I have children and value my life :hysterical: )

You don't want it. -unless you enjoy dropping money on plugs every couple months. It really dirties up your plugs from all the fuel it dumps in.

The sound is awesome I admit, but I think I will only use it in rare cases. I honestly had trouble keeping my car from stalling with that tune.

You had stalling issues with your GT350 because of the tune? I thought that was an issue only with the automatic mustangs.

Actually does overfueling effect the cylinder walls as well? I know in marine diesels it causes tge walls to scuff and burn up a cylinder bore.

Sounds sketchy to me. If you want a cammed sound add some cams...I'd bet the shop at SA could make that happen...

Shelby "PROPITARY" grind cams I suggest for the 5.0?

You can definitely flood the cylinder and wash the cylinder walls of any oil- not a good situation.

BTW, there was an article that talked to American Muscle about the ghost cams tune. There was no power gain from them- they simply changed the idle. Supposedly, Ford never made any legal action. It was an agreement of sorts that Lund wounldn't sell the tune; since he was the only one that figured it out.

I knew it wouldn't gain power. I just like the sound of a cammed muscle car. I also didn't know that jon lund was the only guy who found the same tune a Ford. Maybe Ford doesn't want to sell it to the pubic.

There goes my idea of putting a ghost cam tune on a 5.0 mustang to use as a daily driver.

Unless I could use the second Ford key for the Mustang and use that key on occasion.......

Yup...its not a big deal...Ive heard a lot of different stories over what bad it does, but after getting on my car at Hallett this last week, I dont think I can say it did any damage having the cam tune in while I did use it.

No, my big problem was brakes...Gary P. and I went out first morning and just ruined the brakes....rotors, pads, pistons...it was EPIC! :hysterical:

We had to order some parts to get fixed, so my track time ended Wednesday, with no more than just a parade session the rest of the weekend. I still cant believe how fast Gary is, and he LOVED the power my car puts to the ground. He felt that just a couple small tweaks would make this a formidable car on the track for sure. (Except for the fact that I CANT drive like Gary. I have children and value my life :hysterical: )

You should've recorded a video of your car with the ghost cams. It would've been really cool to hear a GT350 like yours with that tune.

Sorry to hear about your brakes. Shelby Extremes should do the fix. Sounds like ou had a fun time at mid america. Once I get a hold of a mustang, I really need to come to this event. It sounds like it's just a good and important as the Shelby bash IMO.

• 4 months later...

You had stalling issues with your GT350 because of the tune? I thought that was an issue only with the automatic mustangs.

Shelby "PROPITARY" grind cams I suggest for the 5.0?

I knew it wouldn't gain power. I just like the sound of a cammed muscle car. I also didn't know that jon lund was the only guy who found the same tune a Ford. Maybe Ford doesn't want to sell it to the pubic.

There goes my idea of putting a ghost cam tune on a 5.0 mustang to use as a daily driver.

Unless I could use the second Ford key for the Mustang and use that key on occasion.......

You should've recorded a video of your car with the ghost cams. It would've been really cool to hear a GT350 like yours with that tune.

Sorry to hear about your brakes. Shelby Extremes should do the fix. Sounds like ou had a fun time at mid america. Once I get a hold of a mustang, I really need to come to this event. It sounds like it's just a good and important as the Shelby bash IMO.

somewhere on this site I heard the cammed tune on a 350. Post it again if you read this message. Everyone is curious......

Kris

somewhere on this site I heard the cammed tune on a 350. Post it again if you read this message. Everyone is curious......

Kris

I have the video saved on my computer. The file is too big to upload. I'll email it to whoever wants it. I believe it's Dubbs video.

T

We should all find that link and post it here for everybody to see! :happy feet:

I heard the ghost tune on dubbs gt350 today on the computer, it sounded good, but not as noticed as the stock gt. Maybe thats because it comes from shelby already with a badass sound. I've choosen to leave my gt 350R just the way shelby sent it to me. On the other hand I may put a big cam in my 89 GT to get that radical sound.

If anyone has any opinons on what to do to make my old 89 sound good, feel free to give advice.

Kris

All of us gt350 owners will have to add some mods to outperform the new 2013 gt500's. I dont want to get my doors blowed off by a new 13 model. I think the manufactures do this so we all will spend more money.

Kris

• 3 weeks later...

As opposed to the warranty I had before I did the tune? 624 means no warranty....trust me, I know. I spent 1100.00 on a new wiring harness the weekend I brought the car home from Vegas...lasted a whole 110 miles before my first major expense.

After that nonsense, I decided to quit sweating the small stuff....new pulley, cai, Jon Lund tune the DAY I picked it up from that fix....(incidentally, that is also the day I got the ghost cam tune)

Roger is a company guy, so that is a canned response....but frankly there is no way a ford dealer is gonna figure out you had the ghost cam tune on your car unless you drive it in to the dealer with that tune on it. All they can tell is how many times the pcm has had tunes loaded....but you can easily play stupid to that one. The car was at SA for 6 months, how do I know what they did to the car? Maybe they had to load the tune a couple times.... :shrug::hysterical2: B)

As a point of clarification, Ford doesn't cover the tune that SAI puts in the 350. Yes, Ford Racing sells the tune and SAI installs it, but when a problem occurs, Ford doesn't cover the tune nor any tune related issues. SAI does during the first year, but after that there'll just be a lot of finger pointing and shrugging of shoulders.

The 525 tune retains the entire power train warranty. There is 1 year on your superchager and parts through Ford Racing. Your 624 tune voids the power train warranty. You mess with the 525 tune and you void your power train warranty. Pretty simple. "Company Guy" or not. :)

Roger

• 4 years later...

Is any of the 2011 gt350 owners having any issues with their cars that have the cammed ghost tune by John Lund? I figured by now everyone would know if the tune works without causing fouled plugs or any other mechanical break downs. Please give me feedback because im still considering installing the tune on my car.

Archived