TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question Rear Wheel Width and Opinion

Cobras55

Hi was wondering if anyone new the widest rim I could put in the rear with NO adjustments to dust boot, etc. I'm currently looking at forgestars f14 's in piano black for my car .... was thinking 10.5 would be the widest but really want the 11 inch(315 tire)........ Also opinions please for my kona blue/white str. shelb,,,should I go with the gunmetal or piano black ?? THANKS!!

No one has tried 20x11 in wheels with a 45m offset?

I would like to know the same thing, this forum use to be great for getting answers like this... so let's have it, anyone try 20x11 in rear with NO modifications and if so what offset ,,,, hate to buy the wrong wheel....

• 1 month later...

I've search all over and can't find any real good info on this. You would figure with all the awesome looking cars and wheels out there some one would have some good info. I've found Forgestar uses a 53MM offset on most Mustangs with the 20X11 but cant find any good pictures to see if they stick out. Most pictures are from the side and not straight on, closest one I found shows the tire may stick out if a 315 is used. I would really like to know for sure if someone has a good 20x11 wheel combo, what the offset is and if the tire sticks out at all.

for reference here is a

20x10.5 with 45mm offset (295/30ZR20 toyo proxes 4s)

dont know how a 53mm offset would look, i think it would stickout alot!

d5085d9a.jpg

Nick,

You car looks awesome. Judging by you specs, a +53mm with an 11" wheel would actually come in an additional 2mm. So with that it appears it would work and still stay under the rear quarter.

Thanks.

I am currently running Steeda Sypders (20x9.5 front, 20x11 rears) on my 2010 GT 500. It is lowered with alot of BMR suspension stuff...there are no fitment issues with the 45mm offset, even with the big Shelby/Baer brakes. I have 275/35/20 Invos in front and 315/35/20 in back...the wheels are flush and do not stick out from the rear wells...

Hope this is helpful...

Jay

I am currently running Steeda Sypders (20x9.5 front, 20x11 rears) on my 2010 GT 500. It is lowered with alot of BMR suspension stuff...there are no fitment issues with the 45mm offset, even with the big Shelby/Baer brakes. I have 275/35/20 Invos in front and 315/35/20 in back...the wheels are flush and do not stick out from the rear wells...

Hope this is helpful...

Jay

hey man how about some pictures ?

Thanks Jay,

This does help. I am thinking of the same wheels/tires. My car is NOT lowered. Do you happen to know

if these will work without lowering? I suspect that it will.

Hope this is helpful...

Jay

I have no idea about the Steeda wheels. I am still reeling over the cost and no-benefit of buying the Vossen's.

NEVER - EVER accept the words "They should work".

Put the wheels on, they didn't hit the calipers. Drove about a block, hit the brakes and there is just enough 'float' to the calipers that they scratched the inside of the rims. No take-backs.....etc.

• 8 months later...

Archived