TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Best 1/4 mile Time on Street Tires!

SGT/SC#0471

Best 1/4 Mile run to date...beat my old best which was 12.484

My new best time is 12.077...as equipped in my signature below on street tires...best part is I had a hell of a good time. 3 people actually knew what the car was. A Pro Mod team was there and they all came up to talk about the car. One fellow in a GT500 could not believe that I had it on a track...that was funny. One of the Pro-Mod guys had a KR at home and the oher guy on the team had a GT that he wanted to Whipple.

And heres the slip and a picture of the car for my friends in Teaxas...wub.gif

post-9886-0-26268000-1307778966_thumb.jpg

edit:best time in this car....;*)

post-9886-0-62490400-1307778927_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-62490400-1307778927_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-26268000-1307778966_thumb.jpg

Edited by SGT/SC#0471

I forgot...seems that on my 10 runs the number that keeps popping up is my old best 12.4 with some over and some closer to the 12.077.....pretty cool I have a secret method that is working pretty well...happy%20feet.gif

I really really dig this car it is such an amazing machine....Thanks SA for building it! :rockon:

Thanks Astro and Springer!!

It was a super rush especially after 7 months of paint and stripes...I went to the track the day I finished, before I sold my soul and Shelby and bought the supersonic blue ZO6 Carbon at the local dealer...

But I am over my stripes....and its game on! happy%20feet.gif Nothing is a Shelby. And I am taking Jay Leno's advice...happy%20feet.gif

Thanks Astro and Springer!!

It was a super rush especially after 7 months of paint and stripes...I went to the track the day I finished, before I sold my soul and Shelby and bought the supersonic blue ZO6 Carbon at the local dealer...

But I am over my stripes....and its game on! happy%20feet.gif Nothing is a Shelby. And I am taking Jay Leno's advice...happy%20feet.gif

Great time Randy !!! But what's with the above statement about selling your soul and your car for a ZO6 Carbon. Say it ain't so :redcard:

Scotty

But no fears Scotty, I felt like a tool on a test drive...The Shelby is so much more my style...and I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell it ever...it mine and my daughters car. Besides we both know that the GT/SC 550 whipple cars are bbbaaaaadddddd aaaassssssddd. Whats great i after you go to the strip again we will have some accurate slips from a car with streets and with DR's.

Still think that a good driver in a SGT/SC will pass most cars....

Edited by SGT/SC#0471

:peelout:

But no fears Scotty, I felt like a tool on a test drive...The Shelby is so much more my style...and I don't think I could ever bring myself to sell it ever...it mine and my daughters car. Besides we both know that the GT/SC 550 whipple cars are bbbaaaaadddddd aaaassssssddd. Whats great i after you go to the strip again we will have some accurate slips from a car with streets and with DR's.

Still think that a good driver in a SGT/SC will pass most cars....

I can not wait to hit Milian Tomorrow !!! I had my car out on Woodward the last couple of nights and i will be back out there tonight to find my rythm thru the gears. So that tomorrow i will be power shifting 1 - 4 ; even if it costs me a Clutch , Flywheel and a ride home from AAA. :hysterical:

Expected track condition of some sun with increasing cloudes during the afternoon. High 73F with winds S.E. at 10 -20 mph. I hope its a tail wind. :hysterical:

Time Slips and Pictures to come. Oh here's a pick the GT/SC Ready to go just how she is sitting in the picture below.

SCOTTY :peelout::peelout::peelout:

post-18850-0-54966500-1308094069_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-62330900-1308094087_thumb.jpg

Edited by COBRA SCOTTY