TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Birmingham, AL area monthly TS Cruise In?

Fellow TS enthusiasts:

Would you be interested in a monthly TS cruise in? We would certainly invite the other, local car clubs. Brusters' Ice Cream at the intersection of Valleydale Road & Caldwell Mill Road has agreed to host. If you are interested please reply and indicate your preference of date (ex. 2nd Friday, 4th Saturday, etc.).

Safe driving & God bless,

Al Ellison

Al

This is a great idea and something that we should look to do in different locations to help drive activity. I will be willing to set one up here in Memphis as well. If we get enough participation then perhaps we can schedule a meet somewhere in the middle?

I would try and make if setup, though I don't get up to bham to much. Perhaps in addition to the bham meet maybe a quarterly one in Montgomery for a more central meeting place for other areas in AL? I know 3 or 4 guys in the Auburn area that would probably up for that.

I would try and make if setup, though I don't get up to bham to much. Perhaps in addition to the bham meet maybe a quarterly one in Montgomery for a more central meeting place for other areas in AL? I know 3 or 4 guys in the Auburn area that would probably up for that.

Would you be willing to try to coordinate one in Auburn?

We could have one in several cities

Birmingham

Memphis

Auburn

???

Would you be willing to try to coordinate one in Auburn?

We could have one in several cities

Birmingham

Memphis

Auburn

???

Sure, I also think Montgomery would be a good city as well to have one. I will start thinking of something for later this summer or early fall.

I will be in bham next weekend for nieces bday. Doubt I will be in the Shelby but if anything is going on let me know, if time permits will try and attend.

If anyone else is interested in hosting a local get together then post up and lets develop a schedule. We may not be able to get together easily as a large group but we can start with smaller local get togethers and go from there!

Thank you for the replies. Based upon other Birmingham area cruise ins, if we want Saturdays, I suggest we consider the 2nd or 4th Saturday of each month; from 6 to 9 OR 7 to 10 pm.

The Brusters Ice Cream on Valledale & Caldwell Mill road is about 3 miles from either Hwy 280 or I-65, so this is a fairly convenient and easy to find destination. In the adjacent parking lot, there is a Winn Dixie center with restaurants. The owners have agreed to host and offer us specials.

Please reply with your choice of nights & time. If you are members of other clubs, please guage their interest. To make this one a little unique, in addition to Brusters providing us with Ice Cream specials, what do you think about offering a burn-out contest each month?

Montgomery - drag strip - great idea; please get the information together and share the details.

Memphis - make it coordinate with good blues & BBQ. Maybe even a weekend when the Grizzlies are in town.

Safe driving & God bless,

Al Ellison

Count me in for Saturday nights in Bham at Caldwell Mill Road... 7-10. I get off work at 6:00, and it will take an hour to get there, so that would be perfect for me once a month!

Sudguy4

Great; thank you for the reply. I am eager to hear back from others so we can choose the 2nd or 4th Saturday night.

Thank you.

Is anything going on in Bham this weekend? I will be in the Pelham area.

Also thought of another idea for a meet. There is a muscle car museum in Alexander city that is very nice, mainly Mopars, but he does have several classic rare stangs as well and he swaps out what is on display every few months. I went back in the Winter and highly enjoyed it. If anyone is interested I don't mind setting it up since I have been before.

http://www.wellbornmusclecarmuseum.com/

Also thought of another idea for a meet. There is a muscle car museum in Alexander city that is very nice, mainly Mopars, but he does have several classic rare stangs as well and he swaps out what is on display every few months. I went back in the Winter and highly enjoyed it. If anyone is interested I don't mind setting it up since I have been before.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 Cruise In (Birmingham Area)

Time 5.00pm - 9.00pm

If you are bringing your Shelby, let me know.

Regarding the car museum trip, please set this up and share a few dates that they can accomodate us; that sounds like a great opportunity.

Thank you.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 Cruise In (Birmingham Area)

Time 5.00pm - 9.00pm

If you are bringing your Shelby, let me know.

Regarding the car museum trip, please set this up and share a few dates that they can accomodate us; that sounds like a great opportunity.

Thank you.

If I am able to make it will be on the wife's 4Runner.

Will start looking into the Museum trip.

I did not know about this museum. Looks cool! Nice suggestion :happy feet:

If I am able to make it will be on the wife's 4Runner.

Will start looking into the Museum trip.

Post up if you are definately going and if I am able to be there, we can talk further about the Alex City museum trip - that place looks very cool.

Post up if you are definately going and if I am able to be there, we can talk further about the Alex City museum trip - that place looks very cool.

Just spoke with the boss and we don't have any plans with the in-laws Sat evening so I will be there.

The museum is very cool, what impressed me the most about the place was that someone will go through it with you and tell you the history of each car. We lucked up when I went and we got the owner of the place as our guide. Super nice guy and he knows his stuff well, he has a lot of passion for what he does.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the input. I have also spoken with two local clubs and believe the 4th Saturday is our best bet. Due to the heat, turn out for the last few cruise ins has not been good. Perhaps we should start this in September (I know football season will be in full swing).

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thank you,

Archived