TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby TV program premieres tonight!!

DubbsFaris

8pm et on Speed Channel, repeats at 11pm et

Sorry, just found out.

It will replay several times this weekend too.

I believe this is part of the video shot at the bash. We will see!

No problem! We are supposed to get a 4 part mini series in the near future- Carroll Shelby: King of the Road debut by HD Theater, but possibly on a different channel....I will keep my ears open for more info to share as soon as I can get it!

BTW- Anyone notice Rick H.'s or Jim A.'s Terlingua Cobra being just finished up at minute 53 of the show, when he is standing on the top of the museum looking down at the Cobra assembly area?

How cool!!

I thought it was pretty good. The story was basically focused on the cars and people - all tied to Carroll - that got Ford the LeMans wins with the GT40.

Carroll's tribute to Ken Miles felt quite sincere. I wonder what racing would have been like had he lived longer.

I just finished watching it, and I thought it was very well done. I wished it had touched more on the Mustang, but I really do enjoy Ford and Shelby beating Ferrari's.

Anyone catch Carroll Shelby's comment towards the end of the show about the 'rough six months' he had recently? I just thought of some recent employee changes.

8pm et on Speed Channel, repeats at 11pm et

Sorry, just found out.

It will replay several times this weekend too.

I believe this is part of the video shot at the bash. We will see!

This Dave Despain show was filmed towards the end of April in both Las Vegas & Los Angeles. The filming going on at last January's bash was for the King of the Road series that is just about ready to have its air dates announced. It too will be a great show. Stay tuned.

Steve

Anyone catch Carroll Shelby's comment towards the end of the show about the 'rough six months' he had recently? I just thought of some recent employee changes.

That was in reference to some major health issues he had. He's said it a few times in interviews, "I nearly flat-lined"....

And the timing would be about right for the health issues vs. employee changes.

Phill

HEY ROBERT,

Can you tell us MORE about the 4 Twin Turbo Cars with 1000 HP that CS mentioned? Who are they going to? Etc......

They're called "Code Red" and there have been numerous posts, threads and vids posted all over the Internet already.

Try You-Tube and search "code red". You should find a couple of pretty good vids on it.

As to "who"....I doubt VERY much anyone at Shelby is going to tell you who they're going to. That's just a bit too personal IMO.

Phill

Great show! I always enjoy Dave Despain. He's a pretty good interviewer. Got to the bottom of the Ferrari statement. That just blew me away. Reminded me of a documentry about Alice Cooper (big Shelby fan) I saw a few years ago. He admitted to not having bit the chicken during the infamous stage show he did about 30 years back. After he received a lot of bad press, he wanted to tell the truth about the audience tearing it apart and that he had nothing to do with it. His PR person told him to just go along with the story, made for great publicity..... Say it aint true CS!

No problem! We are supposed to get a 4 part mini series in the near future- Carroll Shelby: King of the Road debut by HD Theater, but possibly on a different channel....I will keep my ears open for more info to share as soon as I can get it!

Thanks Warren.

Great show. I really enjoyed the old footage of the races, a younger Carroll Shelby, the Cobras, the Ford/Ferrari rivalry, the quick shots of the GT500/GT350/GTS in front of the building(wanted more!), and then the interview and drive with Dave.

The show was called On Assignment with Dave Despain. You have to check the information to tell if it's the Shelby one.

See this thread, I posted the re-air times a few days ago:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68015-shelby-special/

Next time to record it is tomorrow at noon eastern.

Thanks! I'll record the one today...

:salute:

This was a great show. Got a chance to see it in it's entirety today.

I liked it.

If you google Carroll Shelby, this interview should be one of the first anyone watches.

The 4 cars with 1000 hp, most of us will only see in a museum. I bet a 88 year old gets one.

Archived