TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 is a pig

'

Thank you Shelby GT 500 for being one person in here that seems to have some insight into what I was talking about. I do own a GT 500 its a perfomance blue vert. I will admit it was assinine starting out the way I did and I apologize to all of you right here and now. I can also see that one of the few things you guys stated is that I was most certainly in the wrong forum I guess my judgement was clouded thru my disappointment.

I would however like to ask of how many of you that would have burned me at the stake ever owned the 03 term. I heard about some other years but all BS aside, my term was no slouch. I owned it and drove it hard for over three years and I do not get the same SOTP response from my GT 500 as I did from the term.

What I had really hoped was that after you all figured out I was just plain bummed out about MY car that you would all see me as a fellow stang enthuesist and help me figure out what are the best ways to mod this car.I know what to do to get more horsepower but what about the handling deficiencies in the 500

It was just after all the hype for almost two years and after having two dealers sell my GT 500 out from under me while having held my deposit, that after finally making the purchase I cannot and will not change my position this Shebly just doesnt seem to perform as well as the Term, especially in the handling category.

As for the claim that the horsepower I got from the 2 mods I did do on the 03 take a look in the SVT performance site some time and see the treasure trove of horsepower that is and was hidden in that 4.6 modular motor. The 03 terms have gobs of horsepower with the least amount of mods. But what good is all that horsepower when you cant get it to the ground and keep it there. This car's A** is all over the place when cornering hard and even the slightest irregularity in the road feels way looser than the term.

I would also request that those of you all that keep bantering that 500 HP battle cry around show me your baseline dyno slips before you modded your motor and show me anything near 500 bone stock HP with the GT 500. I ran a baseline on mine the other day and after 4 pulls the best I could come up with was 438 SAE corrected. thats a far cry from 500 ponies.

I again would like to say I'm sorry for getting this whole mess started, for some reason I thought that I was still living in the land of the free. I guess, thats only if you dont speak your opinion. But I can see that most of you are too grandiose because you thought I was talking about your car.

As for the troll BS I am not a troll just a guy lookin for ways to make this car as strong as it can be and not delude myself into thinking that because its got a Shelby badge its the baddest car on the block. And with all due respect to Carroll Shelby he is and always will be an American icon when it comes to American muscle. I am down for that. I just truly wish he had had more to do with the actual build of the car then I would have nothing to be down about.

So can you all put down your bruised egos and turn me on to some tried and tested suspension mods for my very real not imaginary GT 500. I am capable of letting go and getting on from this point and attempt to be a part of this forum and the other one I should have started in in the first place,but after seeing the response and comments over a simple matter of speaking my mind, and correct me if I'm wrong I still have a right to do that or did I wake up in another country. Sad part be known most of the flamers would probably be just fine with that.

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

Herbert Spencer

Herb,

I had an 03, and have the 07 GT 500.

First, the seat of the pants feel is different in 07, due to IMO the stiffer chassis, quieter exhaust, an general improvements to the car in most catagories to reduce the harshness of the car. I think this, more than anything makes the car feel slow, but as we all know this is certainly not true.

A new exhaust will certainly bring back some of the seat of the pants feel you are missing.

It seems many of the people have installed stiffer LCA and UCA and experience more solid footing with the car.

The car is heavier than the 03 and may also contribute to that "feeling" you miss.

Regarding all the hidden horsepower in the termie, you are stating with a similar engine package in the 07 only nearly a liter bigger in displacement. Logic says the same tricks should apply to both engines.

The independent rear end in the Termie had its weaknesses in not holding up to the power and the live axle in the 07 was an attempt to fix that as well as holding the line on an already heavy car.

So, in short, put some exhaust on it, a performance shifter that rattles a little, a few selected mods and your should have that seat of pants feel back. Add some deeper gears if that's not enough.

Stickier tires, a panhard bar and a lowering kit should cure the cornering complaint.

Believe me my friend, the Shelby isn't a pig, it is just more refined. Noise and harshness will increase the feel of speed. Drive a 66 stock mustang at 120, then try your Shelby. That will explain all

Oh, I almost for, check with SAI, Steeda and maybe Evolution for suggestions on improving the handling. It could also be that that since the perceived speed in the Shelby feels slower, you might be hitting some of your favorite curves at a higher speed to begin with?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Herb,

I had an 03, and have the 07 GT 500.

First, the seat of the pants feel is different in 07, due to IMO the stiffer chassis, quieter exhaust, an general improvements to the car in most catagories to reduce the harshness of the car. I think this, more than anything makes the car feel slow, but as we all know this is certainly not true.

A new exhaust will certainly bring back some of the seat of the pants feel you are missing.

It seems many of the people have installed stiffer LCA and UCA and experience more solid footing with the car.

The car is heavier than the 03 and may also contribute to that "feeling" you miss.

Regarding all the hidden horsepower in the termie, you are stating with a similar engine package in the 07 only nearly a liter bigger in displacement. Logic says the same tricks should apply to both engines.

The independent rear end in the Termie had its weaknesses in not holding up to the power and the live axle in the 07 was an attempt to fix that as well as holding the line on an already heavy car.

So, in short, put some exhaust on it, a performance shifter that rattles a little, a few selected mods and your should have that seat of pants feel back. Add some deeper gears if that's not enough.

Stickier tires, a panhard bar and a lowering kit should cure the cornering complaint.

Believe me my friend, the Shelby isn't a pig, it is just more refined. Noise and harshness will increase the feel of speed. Drive a 66 stock mustang at 120, then try your Shelby. That will explain all

Oh, I almost for, check with SAI, Steeda and maybe Evolution for suggestions on improving the handling. It could also be that that since the perceived speed in the Shelby feels slower, you might be hitting some of your favorite curves at a higher speed to begin with?

cactus,

As you can see by my pics, I had an 04 Term. I had it dyno'd stock 364 RWHP and 373 RWTQ. I had a 2.8 pulley, a CAI, complete exhaust and a tune put on...it dyno'd 440 RWHP and 463 RWTQ.

I had my Shelby dyno'd stock, drove the car 3 hours to the dyno and it put out 423 RWHP with a bad air filter. I have since installed an EVO Stage II, which consist of a 2.6 pulley, CAI, axle backs and a tune. I will admit I never had it dyno'd yet but the people that have with the same mods have dyno'd between 530-570 RWHP. This should say it all.

Did you not notice on your Term, that the drivetrain was very "clunky", almost like there was slack in the drivetrain. I'm sure your 03 had the same feeling. My 04 had it and the 03 I drove before I purchased mine had that drivetrain clunkiness.

I owned an 03 Mach I that I liked much better than my Term, with the exception of the power, of course. JMO.

'

I do own a GT 500 its a perfomance blue vert. I will admit it was assinine starting out the way I did and I apologize to all of you right here and now.....

What I had really hoped was that after you all figured out I was just plain bummed out about MY car that you would all see me as a fellow stang enthuesist and help me figure out what are the best ways to mod this car.....

I cannot and will not change my position this Shebly just doesnt seem to perform as well as the Term, especially in the handling category.......

I would also request that those of you all that keep bantering that 500 HP battle cry around show me your baseline dyno slips.......

But I can see that most of you are too grandiose because you thought I was talking about your car.....

As for the troll BS I am not a troll just a guy lookin for ways to make this car as strong as it can be and not delude myself into thinking that because its got a Shelby badge its the baddest car on the block......

So can you all put down your bruised egos......

So 7 days later you come back to check on your thread and defend it. :chairshot: You start out saying that you are sorry. :cry: You knew what was going to happen. Here is your first remark in the 1st post: "I hate to say it and I know I am going to get flamed right outta here". :doh:

I read thru your recent post and captured some of the points that I would like to call you out on the table on.

Your not sorry. :finger: You know where to find mod info. :doh: If you wanted mod info, you would of hung around to get a Q and A session going to get the help you needed. We see that you are still in love with your Term, :wub: so get over it or get on with it. :do what: You say you are sorry, and then go on to tell us that we are grandiose and then you go on to talk smack about the SHELBY badge / image. Sounds like you're the one with the bruised ego. Now you want our dino slips too. :hysterical:

So to some it up, you come back with a "I am sorry" :cry: statement and then go on to jab us :poke: and our car inbetween the lines. We can all read your inbetween the lines jabs, and see what you are doing. :spiteful::stirpot:

Trolls like to pop in here and throw out a zinger and then not come back. Next time you want to throw out a zinger, hang around to defend it like a man or you will get fed to the wolves again like the other trolls that pop in and out of here. ;)

Herb,

You really upset a bunch of people with your post. I'm not upset because I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my car.

I don't know where you live, but if you can get your car over to Justin Brockmeyer at Galpin Auto Sports (San Fernando Valley, CA), be prepared to spend 4K, and let them do the suspension/tire/wheel package I did, you will be blown away by the handling!!!

I also have a VERT and I also had some issues with the suspension. BUT, I had nothing to compare it too other than my Ferrari 430. That's a VERY hard car to compete against in the handling dept. Obviously, they are VERY different cars but I LOVE the Shelby as much easily. Also, I will NEVER sell the Shelby and I will probably only keep the F car for 3 years.

As many of the guys already stated the Shelby is VERY deceiving in it's speed. I have never driven the Terminator (or whatever you call it) but it probably had more of a viceral feel because of the chasis. The Shelby has an amzing chasis!!

With the Nitto tires, Shelby Razor, 8 way adjustable shocks, upper/lower control arms, Springs, etc, the car sticks hard, corners hard, NO WHEEL HOP OVER ANY ROAD SURFACE!!!! Im installing a Tune an CAI this week and already have the Basani tail pipes (they sound like a BEAST!!)......

Bottom line......I have a hard time choosing between my over 200K dollar Ferrari and my Shelby when I enter my garage in the morning.

The Shelby is a way cooler car in many ways. It's pure American Muscle, it's an icon, it's also a car that I can modify easily to my taste AND......It will be worth a lot more money in 25 years!!!!!! Herb, don't give up on your Shelby so quick. It's a winner my friend.

I appreciate that you made an ammends to the forum. The guys here are true stang enthusiasts that have a lot of knowlege and experince with these cars. I learn a lot from these guys and I value their insights. They and I deserve more respect than to call our cars Pigs.

Im all for shaking things up but to me it needs to be done with respect. Again, thanks for the apolgy, it's accepted by me.......

NOW STOP WHINING AND GET YOUR CAR DRIVING THE WAY YOU WANT!!!!!

Sincerely,

J

'

Thank you Shelby GT 500 for being one person in here that seems to have some insight into what I was talking about. I do own a GT 500 its a perfomance blue vert. I will admit it was assinine starting out the way I did and I apologize to all of you right here and now. I can also see that one of the few things you guys stated is that I was most certainly in the wrong forum I guess my judgement was clouded thru my disappointment.

I would however like to ask of how many of you that would have burned me at the stake ever owned the 03 term. I heard about some other years but all BS aside, my term was no slouch. I owned it and drove it hard for over three years and I do not get the same SOTP response from my GT 500 as I did from the term.

What I had really hoped was that after you all figured out I was just plain bummed out about MY car that you would all see me as a fellow stang enthuesist and help me figure out what are the best ways to mod this car.I know what to do to get more horsepower but what about the handling deficiencies in the 500

It was just after all the hype for almost two years and after having two dealers sell my GT 500 out from under me while having held my deposit, that after finally making the purchase I cannot and will not change my position this Shebly just doesnt seem to perform as well as the Term, especially in the handling category.

As for the claim that the horsepower I got from the 2 mods I did do on the 03 take a look in the SVT performance site some time and see the treasure trove of horsepower that is and was hidden in that 4.6 modular motor. The 03 terms have gobs of horsepower with the least amount of mods. But what good is all that horsepower when you cant get it to the ground and keep it there. This car's A** is all over the place when cornering hard and even the slightest irregularity in the road feels way looser than the term.

I would also request that those of you all that keep bantering that 500 HP battle cry around show me your baseline dyno slips before you modded your motor and show me anything near 500 bone stock HP with the GT 500. I ran a baseline on mine the other day and after 4 pulls the best I could come up with was 438 SAE corrected. thats a far cry from 500 ponies.

I again would like to say I'm sorry for getting this whole mess started, for some reason I thought that I was still living in the land of the free. I guess, thats only if you dont speak your opinion. But I can see that most of you are too grandiose because you thought I was talking about your car.

As for the troll BS I am not a troll just a guy lookin for ways to make this car as strong as it can be and not delude myself into thinking that because its got a Shelby badge its the baddest car on the block. And with all due respect to Carroll Shelby he is and always will be an American icon when it comes to American muscle. I am down for that. I just truly wish he had had more to do with the actual build of the car then I would have nothing to be down about.

So can you all put down your bruised egos and turn me on to some tried and tested suspension mods for my very real not imaginary GT 500. I am capable of letting go and getting on from this point and attempt to be a part of this forum and the other one I should have started in in the first place,but after seeing the response and comments over a simple matter of speaking my mind, and correct me if I'm wrong I still have a right to do that or did I wake up in another country. Sad part be known most of the flamers would probably be just fine with that.

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

Herbert Spencer

If you would like to improve your car, make more hp, handle better, you can do a few little mods at home and see huge gains. I started with basic suspension improvements and a tune, the car is way better IMO. I couldn't be happier with how the 07 GT500 responds to simple mods. I think you will feel the same way if you give it a chance.

Please don't act shocked that you got the reaction you did, on your post. Also don't act dumb and quote only one person on here that was nice about your dickheaded initial post. If you bothered to read the replies in the thread rather than skimming them and jumping to the last page and making your weak apology you would have seen people like me, and several others posting that they not only owned an 03-04 Cobra, but what they did to make their current GT500 'feel' a bit more fast.

Also when you quote your HP and don't understand the correction from crank HP to rear wheel and think your car has 438HP, far shy of 500, then you are really someone that needs to talk less and listen more. It's woefully apparent by that simple statement alone that you don't know your ass from your elbow when it comes to cars.

And finally, don't claim you're not a troll when you post that garbage, then don't post anything till a week later adding some veiled insults into your alleged 'apology'. I'm not a moron and most others on here aren't as well.

P.S. Still waiting on pictures of your GT500, I still seriously doubt you even own one with the way you have been acting on this board to date.

Please don't act shocked that you got the reaction you did, on your post. Also don't act dumb and quote only one person on here that was nice about your dickheaded initial post. If you bothered to read the replies in the thread rather than skimming them and jumping to the last page and making your weak apology you would have seen people like me, and several others posting that they not only owned an 03-04 Cobra, but what they did to make their current GT500 'feel' a bit more past.

Also, don't claim you're not a troll when you post that garbage, then don't post anything till a week later adding some veiled insults into your alleged 'apology'. I'm not a moron and most others on here aren't as well.

P.S. Still waiting on pictures of your GT500, I still seriously doubt you even own one with the way you have been acting on this board to date.

I'll post pics of mine for the meantime......

post-7560-1174845274_thumb.jpg

post-7560-1174845458_thumb.jpg

post-7560-1174845274_thumb.jpg

post-7560-1174845458_thumb.jpg

I will make another attempt at this. The so called veiled insults were nothing more than acknowledging most of you not allowing me to vent my own frustration about my experience with the trade off between my cars.

I did also see that there was more than one of you fellas that did support my frustration to a point and I appreciate that. I do also appreciate that with the replies to my post last night there was a lot more actual attempts to help me out with the handling aspects of the car and the mods that are out there.

The comments I made about grandiosity I felt were valid. the reason being was it appeared you all felt or expressed that I was somhow talking one on one about your own rides. that is not what I was doing, I was venting and I see that this was the wrong place to do that.

I did not intentionly make a flaming post and disappear. I left town for a business meeting and did not access the web until last night so the troll comments are unfounded.

I dont feel that speaking my mind about MY car was anything I had to defend. I was not talking about your rides or your perceptions about how your rides performed or handled.

I was however WRONG about the way I enetered being a newbie to the board, it did lack miserably in tact or anything close to it.(see that I am taking responsibilty for my actions.)

Again, I appreciate the information that a lot of you have given thus far and i really would like to put this behind me and work on tapping in to the knowledge that those of you who have found the balance in your rides that I am seeking in mine.

Now, if this is also determined to be a sorry a** weak apology then I am not sure what it is that I can do to make it any better.

By the way how will a picture of my ride prove that I am an owner? anyone can snap a pic and call it theirs? If that will assure some of you that I am an owner I will snap a shot later this week and post it.

Thats all for now I hope this post has been a move in a postitive direction. Hope you all have a great week.

I will make another attempt at this. The so called veiled insults were nothing more than acknowledging most of you not allowing me to vent my own frustration about my experience with the trade off between my cars.

I did also see that there was more than one of you fellas that did support my frustration to a point and I appreciate that. I do also appreciate that with the replies to my post last night there was a lot more actual attempts to help me out with the handling aspects of the car and the mods that are out there.

The comments I made about grandiosity I felt were valid. the reason being was it appeared you all felt or expressed that I was somhow talking one on one about your own rides. that is not what I was doing, I was venting and I see that this was the wrong place to do that.

I did not intentionly make a flaming post and disappear. I left town for a business meeting and did not access the web until last night so the troll comments are unfounded.

I dont feel that speaking my mind about MY car was anything I had to defend. I was not talking about your rides or your perceptions about how your rides performed or handled.

I was however WRONG about the way I enetered being a newbie to the board, it did lack miserably in tact or anything close to it.(see that I am taking responsibilty for my actions.)

Again, I appreciate the information that a lot of you have given thus far and i really would like to put this behind me and work on tapping in to the knowledge that those of you who have found the balance in your rides that I am seeking in mine.

Now, if this is also determined to be a sorry a** weak apology then I am not sure what it is that I can do to make it any better.

By the way how will a picture of my ride prove that I am an owner? anyone can snap a pic and call it theirs? If that will assure some of you that I am an owner I will snap a shot later this week and post it.

Thats all for now I hope this post has been a move in a postitive direction. Hope you all have a great week.

Appology accepted.

I think your error was in the title of your thread, it comes accross as being very negative. I've learned the hard way with one discussion about ADM's that this site is very pro GT500 as 90% of the members own one. They place high value on the car and any one who comes accross as attacking it is going to be flamed. If your title was worded differently then you probably woudn't have gotten the response you initially did.

Now isnt it just so much better when we all make up and hug! :wub: Such better things come from everyone being happy!

This kodak moment makes me wanna go hug my PIG! :hyper:

I am going to go hug my pig too. :wub:

Apology accepted Jumpin C. :)

Whew! Glad I missed the early throes of this little love fest <sigh> :hysterical:

Nothing much more to say -- it would take too long.

Jumpin' -- you can make this car pretty much anything you want it to be. 150rwHP with no whell-hop and greatly-improved handling is just several thou away!

There's a lot of knowledgeable folks in here -- a little tact goes a long way ;-)

Have fun! ..oh, and welcome!

-Dan

Welcome to the board, although i guess your start wasn't the smoothest. Mustang guys should be able to get along. My best friend has an '03 cobra, and he likes the looks of the shelby, so we put some white vinyl on his cobra yesterday, these cars are a mean pair.

post-3135-1174867046_thumb.jpg

post-3135-1174867046_thumb.jpg

thank you 90Gt

how do you like the evo suspension mod. Is there a noticable difference in the handling?

what part # should I look for and whats the price?

and your right my post was very negative.......... :(

The suspension mods are:

Lower control arms. BMR seems to be the LCA of choice. They have 3 for the GT500. The black billet ones are the really heavy duty without the harshness due to good bushings. Steeda makes a couple, too, but they're not as beefy. Evo sells the BMR separately or in their "Ultimate" kit which is about a grand and includes-----

BMR LCA, BMR or Steeda UCA (3rd link)...choose the BMR, the Steeda sucks. It has no bushing at all and is noisy as hell. It also includes an adjustable panhard and panhard brace as well as a set of torque box braces.

I have the whole shootin' match on my car. NO wheel hop. Unless you're planning on lots of track time or are making changes to the suspension (lowering, etc), you really don't need the adjustable panhard or the torque box braces....although I will say that I don't have a lot more NVH than stock and that mother is as stiff as, uh.....well, you get the picture.

Quick aside. I had an '03 Term. The one and only way in which it betters the GT500 IMHO is in spirited handling in the twisties. The FR500 proves that a stick axle can run with the big boys. There's a regional guy here that smokes C6s with his GT500 at Elkhart.

My term was 335 at the tires stock. My GT500 was 445-463 depending on which dyno you wanna believe. (No one has a 500 RWHP stock GT500 and that's not what they advertised. It was 500 at the motor....and yours is 515 so stop whining.) Both cars had a lot left on the table. The GT500 makes more power with less tweaks due to the fact that it LOVES to breathe. Buy a CAI, a set up Borla or Ford Racing axle backs so you stop feeling like a Barbie and a good tune. You'll see 55-70rwhp with a CAI and tune alone. Between 80 and 100 with a 2.6 pulley thrown in. (people post bigger numbers, but those are real world complete with a hot engine and heat soak....you know, just like we drive them every day)

I hope you can get past whatever is up your butt over the car. If not, sell it and stop bitching. FIRST- You shouldn't own or drive a car you don't love and SECOND- as you can tell, you're not getting a sympathetic ear on these forums.

Lighten up.

bj

thank you 90Gt

how do you like the evo suspension mod. Is there a noticable difference in the handling?

what part # should I look for and whats the price?

and your right my post was very negative.......... :(

No apology necessary, in my opinion, for voicing your opinion about an inanimate object. Some here just take things personal that maybe isn't. The Evolution suspension mod can be found at the Evolution section on this forum. It made a marked difference in the handling on my GT500 vert. The price is approx. $1,000 for all of the items. There are differing opinions on whether all the items are needed or just a select few. I bit the bullit and did it all. No regrets.

Ok ok I get it......... no more whining. I will get my head screwed on straight and work some acceptance on my purchase. I really did have some deep resentment and anger with the 2 dealers that did me wrong. But that is old news now. I was togehter with that, and having a hard time believing that to get the ride I wanted I was going to have to shell out another grand or so when I paid a ridiculous ADM. Oh well. :(

I see that a lot of you went with Evo's LCA's I am seeing from your posts that this is worth the purchase . I guess this will be my first move.

A buddy of mine ( yes I do have friends when I can pull my head outta my a**) suggested another panhard bar and said that I should stay away from an adjustable one. He didnt explain so whats the deal? Why no adjustable PHB

Have any of you vert guys done anything with subframe connectors? If so what was the perceived difference in ride quality? If you havent used subs why??

Now on to the tune. Whos package should I use? What CAI is the one that is giving the most gains?

Lastly I am considereing the Borlas the same type that Shelby automotive uses in their upgrade package, anyone bolted these on and are happy with the sound? The Borlas on my 03 had a deep sound, no drone, and a lot of gurgle on deceleration.

Guess thats all for now. And thank you all for both your help and ability to forgo my earlier behaviour.

..for the engine, check out the stage 1 or the stage 2, you can get these from either JLT true cold air or from evolution performance. Stage 2 includes the metco 2.6 pulley and an additional idler to keep the belt tight. These stages use the jlt carbon fiber intake, and the tune from evolution performance. You can get the details from either web site; they are authorized vendors, so you can find links here. You can choose from a variety of octane tunes, depending on the gas available in your area.

..for the exhaust, its a toss up. Many are using the FRPP/Borla item, everyone is happy with them but there seems to be some drone with this application. Many are using the Corsa, no drone, but also a bit more subtle sound. I have the corsa and am very happy. It really opens up at wide open throttle.

Ok ok I get it......... no more whining. I will get my head screwed on straight and work some acceptance on my purchase. I really did have some deep resentment and anger with the 2 dealers that did me wrong. But that is old news now. I was togehter with that, and having a hard time believing that to get the ride I wanted I was going to have to shell out another grand or so when I paid a ridiculous ADM. Oh well. :(

I see that a lot of you went with Evo's LCA's I am seeing from your posts that this is worth the purchase . I guess this will be my first move.

A buddy of mine ( yes I do have friends when I can pull my head outta my a**) suggested another panhard bar and said that I should stay away from an adjustable one. He didnt explain so whats the deal? Why no adjustable PHB

Have any of you vert guys done anything with subframe connectors? If so what was the perceived difference in ride quality? If you havent used subs why??

Now on to the tune. Whos package should I use? What CAI is the one that is giving the most gains?

Lastly I am considereing the Borlas the same type that Shelby automotive uses in their upgrade package, anyone bolted these on and are happy with the sound? The Borlas on my 03 had a deep sound, no drone, and a lot of gurgle on deceleration.

Guess thats all for now. And thank you all for both your help and ability to forgo my earlier behaviour.

If you're not getting an adjustable panhard, why swap it out? You're doing so because it's a little stiffer than stock and you can adjust it when you mod. I don't get your buddy's thought process. Maybe he doesn't like you either! (sorry...had to. It was there. I'll be good. Promise.)

Whether you buy BMR LCAs through Evo or not is up to you. Personally, I like their service and know they are real drivers...not sales folks first.

Subframe. Look at www.evoperform.com and look at the torque box brace. (Steeda) Stiffens stuff up a bit but not harsh on the coupe.

CAI. Only one real choice. JLT. Expensive and worth every penny. C&L isn't out yet. K&N is a joke. Paul's HP works but it uses half the stock stuff....just an oval to round MA housing and a conical filter. Steeda has one out. No one seems to have it. Ford Racing, as always, snoozing. Buy the JLT and the SCT tuner from either JLT or Evo and you'll get Evo's tunes....one for the JLT and one for JLT/pulley. The tunes are good...generally <12 A/F and I think they're doing 91 octane 'cause not everyone has 93. You may as well go the whole route and get the Stage 2 from Evo with the Metco 2.6 pulley, idler and NGK plugs to go with the JLT and tunes. You'll end up doing it anyway, so save a few bucks.

Two types of Borlas. The one under the Ford Racing label is the one most people seem to go with. I did.

Drone at 1800rpm. Gear swap to 3.73's not only make the car much more enjoyable around town, but give it another 250 rpm at cruise and takes it out of the zone. The mufflers on the car are Mustang GT automatic mufflers. They had to do that to pass EPA noise regs due to the db of the blower. The Borla/Ford Racing muffler on the right won't fit right. You'll need to bend the brace. We all did it. It works.

bj (In playing well with others mode) :banana piano:

You'd want to consider an adjustable panhard if you plan to put lower springs in eventually -- it will permit you to recenter the wheels pefectly under the body (which lowering will affect because the panhard runs at an angle).

Also, I've noticed that most don't feel you need an aftermarket panhard and panhard-brace ...and that's mostly true, but I think an overlooked point is that, if you change the LCAs and UCA with good poly-bushed items [like the BMRs], a good poly-bushed panhard will reduce lateral play and help keep the poly bushings in the UCA from deforming over time. My feeling is that all should be changed as a set with poly bushed aftermarket units (the Heim-end race items are just too noisy and won't hold up in everyday use). I've driven a GT500 with the Evo pieces [different LCAs tho] and ther was no suspension noise or harshness that I could notice. And no wheel-hop!

The sub-frame connectors, or torque-box braces, reduce stress from aftermarket LCAs and panhard and also reduce chassis torquing with sticky tires. The Evolution Ultimate Suspension include all these items I've mentioned and I know of no one who's installed them who regrets it. They also include LCA extention mounting brackets to change the geometry of the LCAs if you do use lower springs in the future -- the extenstion brackets relocate the LCA axle-mount lower to refocus LCA thrust angle to focus on the center of mass of the car, important for proper weight transfer with lower rear ride height ...and possibly usefull even without lowering. Give Fred at Evo a call if you have specific questions and/or visit their website and poke around -- they have explanations of what each piece in the Ultimate Suspension does and when it's beneficial.

I don't have a GT500 but the Evo Ultimate Suspension is probably the first thing I'd do, followed by the JLT-CAI and Evo tune (stage-I) or stage-II (which includes the pulley & idler, colder plugs, etc) an amazing amount of grunt and linear pull! ...you can check out the Evolution stage packages here or check out the Evo website too.

Good luck, jumpin'

-Dan

I will make another attempt at this.

cactus, I've seen several posts here on mods to get you the feel you're looking for....hopefully that's what you needed. It would be nice to see you respond to those people directly to let them know whether you found their advice useful. People give their time and expertise on the forum to help others, so I think it's fair to let them know whether their info helped you.

For instance, one guy mentioned you could install a panhard bar, different shifter, pulley, axle-back exhaust, CAI, etc....but I didn't see you respond to tell him whether that was helpful. We can't read your mind...so let us know! What about the comment you made about people reporting their HP around the 420-440 range....and you said that was nowhere near 500. One guy asked you if you knew the difference between FWHP and RWHP...but I haven't seen you respond to that comment.

I can't offer you much advice, as I'm a "straight line" guy, and mine is fine in the corners for me.

Good luck, and let us know what your plans are to get your car to "feel" the way you want. The possibilities are endless!

Dave

So 7 days later you come back to check on your thread and defend it. :chairshot: You start out saying that you are sorry. :cry: You knew what was going to happen. Here is your first remark in the 1st post: "I hate to say it and I know I am going to get flamed right outta here". :doh:

I read thru your recent post and captured some of the points that I would like to call you out on the table on.

Your not sorry. :finger: You know where to find mod info. :doh: If you wanted mod info, you would of hung around to get a Q and A session going to get the help you needed. We see that you are still in love with your Term, :wub: so get over it or get on with it. :do what: You say you are sorry, and then go on to tell us that we are grandiose and then you go on to talk smack about the SHELBY badge / image. Sounds like you're the one with the bruised ego. Now you want our dino slips too. :hysterical:

So to some it up, you come back with a "I am sorry" :cry: statement and then go on to jab us :poke: and our car inbetween the lines. We can all read your inbetween the lines jabs, and see what you are doing. :spiteful::stirpot:

Trolls like to pop in here and throw out a zinger and then not come back. Next time you want to throw out a zinger, hang around to defend it like a man or you will get fed to the wolves again like the other trolls that pop in and out of here. ;)

Welcome to the board, although i guess your start wasn't the smoothest. Mustang guys should be able to get along. My best friend has an '03 cobra, and he likes the looks of the shelby, so we put some white vinyl on his cobra yesterday, these cars are a mean pair.

Great pic!

Here's a couple of a friend/customer of mine taking delivery of his GT500 next to his original GT500KR

GarrysShelby2.jpg

GarrysShelby1.jpg

Archived