TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Video On Top Gear

YZD263

Here is a video that I found today on YouTube and that seems fairly recent. This is another British test on the Shelby GT500 (there were a couple of others online already), and again they voice their usual complaints about the handling, the live axle, etc. What is really laughable though is their dyno testing of the car. They seem surprised that it "only" makes 447HP, as if a car rated at 500HP would put all of them at the rear wheels! This seems pretty ignorant coming from guys who test cars on TV for a living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BbXZN0Gkv4

Here is a video that I found today on YouTube and that seems fairly recent. This is another British test on the Shelby GT500 (there were a couple of others online already), and again they voice their usual complaints about the handling, the live axle, etc. What is really laughable though is their dyno testing of the car. They seem surprised that it "only" makes 447HP, as if a car rated at 500HP would put all of them at the rear wheels! This seems pretty ignorant coming from guys who test cars on TV for a living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BbXZN0Gkv4

Now you know why they've only been able to aquire a glorified island for a homeland over all these years. They just don't get it. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

HSURB

Now you know why they've only been able to aquire a glorified island for a homeland over all these years. They just don't get it. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

HSURB

I have astupid question and I'm not a Brit...Is there any harm done when accelerating and hitting the stock limiter which as we know stalls the car? It seems I get over exhuberant in the lower gears and continue to do this. Thanks for any responses on this matter.

I have several Brits as Friends!.... BUT.... Don't take this wrong sam and Niel!

There is a thing called MUSTLECAR!

It falls back to the original Cobra,GT40,GT500,even the GTA not o mention the Pantera!

When it comes to American Horsepower there is not a Britt, English, German and Especially French car or item that can compare.

During WWII what did you see over Europe other than Germans???

It was the P51D Mustang! And the B29 “Yea Baby”

What did you see in the Atlantic??

It was the CORSAIR!

And some got to see!

The CORSAIR 4FU2G that had a Regular Corsair body. Larger Prop and Landing Gear.. But we added HORSEPOWER! A Whopping R4360 Cubic Inch Monster of an Engine!

If Someone did an article back then they would have said how it was Not all that advanced had to much HorsePower, Should have been more like the ME262, and blab Bla Bla!

Once again AMERICAN TECHNOLIGY!

She isn’t all that technologically advanced but she WHOOPedass all over the German ME262! And the Jap Zero!

This saved ALOT of my Brothers lives!

Semper-Fi My brothers!

So once again we see a European Article Criticizing an American "Yes I will say it" ICON! The 2007 GT500 Shelby!

And I will be the First to Put My GT500 in the same Category!

This is my Shelby.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My Shelby is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My Shelby without me is useless. Without my Shelby, I am useless.

I must Race my Shelby true.

I must Race Faster than my enemy who is trying to beat me.

I must beat him before he beats me. I will...

My Shelby and myself know that what counts in a Race is not the Look of our Cars, the noise of our Exhaust, nor the smoke we make.

We know it is the ET’s that count. We will hit...

My Shelby is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its HP, and its ET’s.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my Shelby clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My Shelby and myself are the defenders of my country.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.

SEMPER FI!

post-8247-1174274980_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1174274980_thumb.jpg

I have several Brits as Friends!.... BUT.... Don't take this wrong sam and Niel!

There is a thing called MUSTLECAR!

It falls back to the original Cobra,GT40,GT500,even the GTA not o mention the Pantera!

When it comes to American Horsepower there is not a Britt, English, German and Especially French car or item that can compare.

During WWII what did you see over Europe other than Germans???

It was the P51D Mustang! And the B29 “Yea Baby”

What did you see in the Atlantic??

It was the CORSAIR!

And some got to see!

The CORSAIR 4FU2G that had a Regular Corsair body. Larger Prop and Landing Gear.. But we added HORSEPOWER! A Whopping R4360 Cubic Inch Monster of an Engine!

If Someone did an article back then they would have said how it was Not all that advanced had to much HorsePower, Should have been more like the ME262, and blab Bla Bla!

Once again AMERICAN TECHNOLIGY!

She isn’t all that technologically advanced but she WHOOPedass all over the German ME262! And the Jap Zero!

This saved ALOT of my Brothers lives!

Semper-Fi My brothers!

So once again we see a European Article Criticizing an American "Yes I will say it" ICON! The 2007 GT500 Shelby!

And I will be the First to Put My GT500 in the same Category!

This is my Shelby.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My Shelby is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My Shelby without me is useless. Without my Shelby, I am useless.

I must Race my Shelby true.

I must Race Faster than my enemy who is trying to beat me.

I must beat him before he beats me. I will...

My Shelby and myself know that what counts in a Race is not the Look of our Cars, the noise of our Exhaust, nor the smoke we make.

We know it is the ET’s that count. We will hit...

My Shelby is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its HP, and its ET’s.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my Shelby clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My Shelby and myself are the defenders of my country.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.

SEMPER FI!

I'm all about this country and what it stands for.

HSURB

I posted about this a couple weeks ago when the show first aired. I watch every episode and love the show. The lap times speak for the car itself. I love the GT500 but its not a roadracer in stock form. Look at the speed charts and you'll see the its 7 secs slower than the Z06. They bashed the Z06 aswell on that episode talking about the Nav until gives you all the fast food joints as defalut markers. They are British so they like poking fun at the US. Hell earlier this year they did an episode where they traveled from Miami to New Orleans and they all about got killed in Alabama for having stuff about Hillary Clinton and Nascar Sucks painted on their cars.

Heres the link to the Z06 test.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x1vPPqOMY2w

First of all, his Fastback is a 67 and Blue. The "Bullitt" Mustang was a 68 and GREEN. Secondly, 447 at the wheels...duh, enough said. They claim the Roush has a limited slip and the Shelby does not....Since when? I don't totally disagree with some of what they're saying that the car needs a wee bit more suspension work to be a true corner carver but when you yank the wheel and stomp the gas you will drift. Someone should inform them of this. :hysterical2:

First of all, his Fastback is a 67 and Blue. The "Bullitt" Mustang was a 68 and GREEN. Secondly, 447 at the wheels...duh, enough said. They claim the Roush has a limited slip and the Shelby does not....Since when? I don't totally disagree with some of what they're saying that the car needs a wee bit more suspension work to be a true corner carver but when you yank the wheel and stomp the gas you will drift. Someone should inform them of this. :hysterical2:

+1

You make too many mistakes in a video like that and you lose credibility. Writing on the side of the car with some type of marker? :finger:

Archived