TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT Two Step Rev Limiter?

Does the 08SGT come with a Two Step rev limiter? I know it has a limiter while moving (got a little excited racing a Roush and missed third gear for a second) but didn't know if it had one for neutral to help with launch assist or just being obnoxious at red lights...anyone know? And what rpm's is it limited at? Can it be changed? Thanks!

Does the 08SGT come with a Two Step rev limiter? I know it has a limiter while moving (got a little excited racing a Roush and missed third gear for a second) but didn't know if it had one for neutral to help with launch assist or just being obnoxious at red lights...anyone know? And what rpm's is it limited at? Can it be changed? Thanks!

You can adjust the rev limiter both in drive and neutral with a tuner. It does not have 2 step launch control. The rev limiter on our cars cuts fuel, not ignition. Ya don't really want to be riding on that or you'll develop a ticking sound in the heads. Ask me how I know.

You can adjust the rev limiter both in drive and neutral with a tuner. It does not have 2 step launch control. The rev limiter on our cars cuts fuel, not ignition. Ya don't really want to be riding on that or you'll develop a ticking sound in the heads. Ask me how I know.

Oh man doesn't sound good...thanks for the info! I don't really need the 2 step but thought it might be fun to mess around with it if I did have it.

The rev limiter on our cars cuts fuel, not ignition. Ya don't really want to be riding on that or you'll develop a ticking sound in the heads. Ask me how I know.

Yes, cutting fuel not spark is a bad thing and a very bad thing in boost. Been there and still there with the tick but it's better than the tapping sound comming from a little lower, mines at 6850. Springs are cheaper than pistons.

Archived