TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Poll for GT500 Owners - How many miles?

GT500 Owners - How many miles so far?  

990 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you put on per month?

• Less than 100 miles per month
    • 100 to 200 miles per month
    • 200 to 500 miles per month
    • 500 to 750 miles per month
    • 750 to 1000 miles per month
    • More than 1000 miles per month
  2. 2. What is your total mileage?

• Less than 200 miles?
    • 200 to 500 miles?
    • 500 to 1000 miles?
    • 1000 to 2500 miles?
    • 2500 to 5000 miles?
    • Over 5000 miles?

I've got about 3500 miles on mine. I bought the car as a play toy to drive as often as I can. It is my baby and I keep it meticulous, but I will never sell it so I'm not too worried about the investment value. If the miles hurt the value of the car, that will be my kids problem after I am gone! My philosophy is the more MILES it has on it, the more SMILES it has brought to me and my family!

I've got about 3500 miles on mine. I bought the car as a play toy to drive as often as I can. It is my baby and I keep it meticulous, but I will never sell it so I'm not too worried about the investment value. If the miles hurt the value of the car, that will be my kids problem after I am gone! My philosophy is the more MILES it has on it, the more SMILES it has brought to me and my family!

+1 :happy feet:

I like that ......More Miles....More Smiles ! I think you have a great catch phrase there. :happy feet:

I am starting to agree with you. Why save the car for my kids. I am going to start driving mine more often. Even though I have had a blast putting on the 600 miles in 6 months, I would like to start having more fun. I also don't care about the resale value since I have no reason to ever sell it. It took me forever to get a car I want and I just enjoy keeping it showroom clean and driving it.

I am starting to agree with you. Why save the car for my kids. I am going to start driving mine more often. Even though I have had a blast putting on the 600 miles in 6 months, I would like to start having more fun. I also don't care about the resale value since I have no reason to ever sell it. It took me forever to get a car I want and I just enjoy keeping it showroom clean and driving it.

Drive it and enjoy it! :shift: I drive mine 100 miles every day and I just had the 60kmile checkup. I figure when I hit 150k in 4 to 5 years I will do a complete rebuild. My kids won't/can't drive it anyway because they don't want to learn how to drive a stick!

MSB Mustang / Mark

Picked her up Sept 30th

as of Nov 4 I have 781 mile

Trying to hit the magical 1000 mile mark when all he power kicks in.

She is lacking some horses, If she doesn't pick up and kick in its back to the dealer for a check up.

She is fast no doubt, but doesn't run like she has 500hp or 430 to 450rhp.

I will say she is getting better as she is growing up.

THERE IS A NEED FOR SPEED,

There is a guy in my town that has an original 1967 Shelby GT500, it has about 40-50K on it if I remember correctly. I think he was the original owner, or close to it. Anyway, he shows it at the local car shows etc... the paint is no longer perfect, the interior is no longer perfect, it has a few minor scratches and blemishes, but so what! He said he wouldn't trade it for the world. He has raced it, played with it, modified slightly, and has driven the car the way it was designed to be driven. He has truly enjoyed owning this car. This is what I plan to do with mine. How much enjoyment will you get from doing nothing but keeping your cars in plastic wrap? Think about it?

Please help out. This is for a special project.

Thanks,

John

Total acumulated is 4700 miles. Purchased the car in March-07, Drove it from Dallas to the desert of So Cal in 1.5 days. Drove it every weekend until a stupid accident in an offroad machine (Rhino), shattered right tibia. No driving for awhile. I do plan on being in LV Jan-11th with the GT500 no matter what. Even if wifey has to drive. Thats scary, not because she is a bad driver, she is a really good driver. Too much windshield time for her and I could be looking for another car. Now wait a minute??????

Good luck with your project.

• 3 weeks later...
So, what's the project???? :)

i bought my gt500 april 2007 and as of today i have 18,583 miles on it.

i've driven n.y. to l.a. and back on the great american run and 11 track days.

and drive it everyday. :happy feet:

• 2 months later...

I (finally) got my car after 18 months on a waiting list on my first dealership - which ended up closing just a month before i was scheduled to place my order. After that debacle, and a few months of searching, I found her on EBay, and purchased her on August 30, 2007. She didn't arrive until Sept 14, and I had to put her under wraps just 5 weeks later (I live in Buffalo). I managed to squeeze 700 out of her before hibernation - now i can't wait until the winter ends. It is still going to be a long wait.....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...