TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Poll for GT500 Owners - How many miles?

GT500 Owners - How many miles so far?  

990 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you put on per month?

• Less than 100 miles per month
    • 100 to 200 miles per month
    • 200 to 500 miles per month
    • 500 to 750 miles per month
    • 750 to 1000 miles per month
    • More than 1000 miles per month
  2. 2. What is your total mileage?

• Less than 200 miles?
    • 200 to 500 miles?
    • 500 to 1000 miles?
    • 1000 to 2500 miles?
    • 2500 to 5000 miles?
    • Over 5000 miles?

• 1 month later...
Please help out. This is for a special project.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

I have had a Black GT since 05 and I put 100 miles a day on it driving to work here in Silicon Valley. About 22k miles per year. I just bought a Used GT500 (a Ford test/show vehicle-see posts in 2007 GT500 for sale section) with 50k miles on it and my GT just hit the same 50k last week. I am enjoying driving the GT500 to work now. (However the wife will not let me keep both cars so I need to sell the normal GT now). I will be putting the same 23k a year on the GT500. Hope my big miles do not skew the data for your special project.

Best Regards,

MSBMustang "Mark"

• 3 weeks later...
Hi John,

I have had a Black GT since 05 and I put 100 miles a day on it driving to work here in Silicon Valley. About 22k miles per year. I just bought a Used GT500 (a Ford test/show vehicle-see posts in 2007 GT500 for sale section) with 50k miles on it and my GT just hit the same 50k last week. I am enjoying driving the GT500 to work now. (However the wife will not let me keep both cars so I need to sell the normal GT now). I will be putting the same 23k a year on the GT500. Hope my big miles do not skew the data for your special project.

Best Regards,

MSBMustang "Mark"

An original test mule in good condition should be a highly sought after car someday. Any chance of retiring her from daily service? You could probably pay for an economy car with the money you saved in gas? Then still have a GT500 in good condition with Ford history. Just an idea.

Dec 08, 2006 and 7100 miles .... 1 check engine light that i think was a gas cap not fastened tightly and today a low pressure warning and gave the tires a bit more air

great experiment, send it to the insurance companys so they give us all a break as most of us drive them a little. my car arrived december 7 2006 in ontario canada. sat all winter. now has 1100 km which equals about 650 miles. love the car but share my driving/cruising with two other cars. 70 chevelle ss 396 (107,000 miles) and a convertible 2002 corvette (6075 miles). hunting for a fourth toy to fill out the garage. (1970 challenger or cuda). when you have a lot of toys milage stays low for all the cars. chevelle is high in miles though but no frame off and all original body with one repaint. :happy feet:

Edited by kincobra

• 1 month later...

2007 Shelby Gt500/ build-date-9-23-06

picked-up-10-24-06

body-style-coupe/color-white-blue-stripes

saleen picked it up on 12/17/06-arrived at saleen-mustang-12/23/06

speed-lab-sent it back too me after there up grades too it,on 7/4/07-arrival date back too me

Hp-rear-wheel-around500,and 575-fly-wheel-Hp,after saleen completed there up-grade.The only shelby GT500 Speed-Lab up-graded.

5.0-magazine was schuled too phto-shoot it today but due too Huricane Dean had too cancel the photo shoot until weather clears out. Should be in there magazine 3 months after they receive the pictures from the photographer takes them.

Miles on it presently[158]-show car only,and ocainally drive it,too enjoy it.

Edited by svtistryke@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

I BOUGHT MY GT500 IN APRIL WITH 8 MILES ON IT.

SINCE THEN I HAVE DRIVEN IT IN THE GREAT AMERICAN RUN FROM N.Y. TO L.A.,ROAD RACED IT AT WILLOW SPRINGS RACEWAY AND DRIVE IT BACK AND FORTH TO WORK EVERYDAY.IT HAS 13,000 MILE ON IT NOW.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS,CARS WERE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN AND THESE CARS ARE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN HARD!

MOST GUYS THAT SAVE THERE CARS END UP SELLING THEM AND LOSING MONEY AND NEVER REALLY ENJOY THEM.

GET OUT AND DRIVE YOUR CAR.(HARD)

GEORGE

I BOUGHT MY GT500 IN APRIL WITH 8 MILES ON IT.

SINCE THEN I HAVE DRIVEN IT IN THE GREAT AMERICAN RUN FROM N.Y. TO L.A.,ROAD RACED IT AT WILLOW SPRINGS RACEWAY AND DRIVE IT BACK AND FORTH TO WORK EVERYDAY.IT HAS 13,000 MILE ON IT NOW.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS,CARS WERE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN AND THESE CARS ARE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN HARD!

MOST GUYS THAT SAVE THERE CARS END UP SELLING THEM AND LOSING MONEY AND NEVER REALLY ENJOY THEM.

GET OUT AND DRIVE YOUR CAR.(HARD)

GEORGE

George - I agree with your quote. They are meant to be driven. However the one thing that bothers me more (than what you state above) are the few people that still don't have a car, and they've been on the site/forum running down ADM's and everyone that owns a car - FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.

They know who they are.

HSURB

George - I agree with your quote. They are meant to be driven. However the one thing that bothers me more (than what you state above) are the few people that still don't have a car, and they've been on the site/forum running down ADM's and everyone that owns a car - FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.

They know who they are.

HSURB

YOUR RIGHT,

THERE ARE PLENT OF CARS FOR SALE IF YOU REALLY WANT ONE,THERE ARE ALWAYS AT LEAST 50 ON EBAY AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

YOUR RIGHT,

THERE ARE PLENT OF CARS FOR SALE IF YOU REALLY WANT ONE,THERE ARE ALWAYS AT LEAST 50 ON EBAY AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

Well my 2007 ShelbyGt500,is not F/S,and i'm enjoying it just find.Whether if it has 158,miles on it and it does.It depends on what you want to do with it.If i decide too drive it i can.Just my thoughts. I hope you did ok on the great american run.

Latter;

Randy;a proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500

Well my 2007 ShelbyGt500,is not F/S,and i'm enjoying it just find.Whether if it has 158,miles on it and it does.It depends on what you want to do with it.If i decide too drive it i can.Just my thoughts. I hope you did ok on the great american run.

Latter;

Randy;a proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500

WE FINISHED 11TH OUT OF 120

GEORGE

• 1 month later...

Just under 1500 miles since Aug 20. Trips to South Lake Tahoe, Reno, and San Jose account for about half of that. Love to drive it. Plan to keep the miles low, something like 5000/yr so in ten years it will have 50K or so. At that time, I may cut back to 1000/yr. Would love to give it to son with less than 75K in 30 years.

Just under 1500 miles since Aug 20. Trips to South Lake Tahoe, Reno, and San Jose account for about half of that. Love to drive it. Plan to keep the miles low, something like 5000/yr so in ten years it will have 50K or so. At that time, I may cut back to 1000/yr. Would love to give it to son with less than 75K in 30 years.

Welcome to SU Maikesan

She was born 1 year ago yesterday

she has 2400 miles on her

They know who they are.

HSURB

I agree. I can't stay out of my car after work and on the weekends. Man, life is short and this car isn't going to make you happy sitting somewhere in a garage...but with this caveat, we're all different and maybe some people see this car like owning a Revell car model which sits on the shelf in your house like the old days...who knows whatever floats your boat. My only advice to anyone who feels guilty about putting miles on the car...it's a very fine piece of metal, a material thing, which was made to be driven and enjoyed. BTW, if you're thinking about the investment aspect, it will or will not have approximately the same value if and when you sell it...and you should be buying securities for investment puposes anyway. The ROI on a car is not that good if you look at the time value of money. The cars that are worth six figures now are 30+ years old...just think what you could do in the market buying even conservative securities and what they would be worth in 30 years. Just food for thought.

Rip,

I can't stay our of the car also. We had 3 great days here in a row. Odd for this time of year. Anyways I had my car out all 3 days. Errons, Church, More errons, Go get Tana Lunch, more errons. Man I am tired. :hysterical2:

The car is a blast. :shift: