TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Splitter on SGT?

I'd be curious to see it on a white one as well.

+1 again, it looks AWESOME on the black, but I'm not positive it would look so good with the white lower facia.

I am also curious about the installation. I've heard rumors you have to make some custom adjustments to fit it.

Also, those wheels look Bad @ss on the black SGT!

+1 again, it looks AWESOME on the black, but I'm not positive it would look so good with the white lower facia.

I am also curious about the installation. I've heard rumors you have to make some custom adjustments to fit it.

Also, those wheels look Bad @ss on the black SGT!

That's my car man! My sig is not up to date. They are a some modifications to the splitter that have to be made. I walked FordRocks1 through this about 2 weeks ago. I will see if I can find pics of the modifications. BRB!

That's my car man! My sig is not up to date. They are a some modifications to the splitter that have to be made. I walked FordRocks1 through this about 2 weeks ago. I will see if I can find pics of the modifications. BRB!

Man, you have the MEANEST looking black SGT I have seen! Great job with it! Yeah, definitely that would be great if you could upload some pics and directions as to the install process. I think the splitter gives the front end a nice finishing touch appearance wise. Do you think it helps with aerodynamics at all? lol

445737ef.jpg

463ce937.jpg

Mods done with side cutter pliers and angle grinder. That All and it fits!

The two center wholes toward the back of the splitter actually fit in whole already there, just pick up a couple longer screws that whats in there. Plus then it guaranteed to be centered. You will obvious have to drill a couple holes, in the bottom side of your current bumper but it will be threw a hole already in the splitter and then I used some plastic rivets and plastic push-pins for an OEM look.

Man, you have the MEANEST looking black SGT I have seen! Great job with it! Yeah, definitely that would be great if you could upload some pics and directions as to the install process. I think the splitter gives the front end a nice finishing touch appearance wise. Do you think it helps with aerodynamics at all? lol

Thanks man, I had a vision and I love the way it turned out. Did you notice my fog lamps? Most people don't :)

Thanks man, I had a vision and I love the way it turned out. Did you notice my fog lamps? Most people don't :)

Yea I saw your thread a while back when you did them. It looks Sharp!

Thanks for the pics! I'm trying to find the splitter for less. I've seen some places selling them for almost 200 bucks but thats a rip off. I have heard guys saying they got them from ford dealers for 60 bucks... any idea where to get one for less?

Yea I saw your thread a while back when you did them. It looks Sharp!

Thanks for the pics! I'm trying to find the splitter for less. I've seen some places selling them for almost 200 bucks but thats a rip off. I have heard guys saying they got them from ford dealers for 60 bucks... any idea where to get one for less?

I got mine for 120 from a local dealer.

I got mine for 120 from a local dealer.

Cool. I hate to ask, but if you could, a picture from underneath would be great! I'm a bit nervous to drill into the bottom of the fascia so seeing where you drilled exactly will ease some of the anxiety lol.

Cool. I hate to ask, but if you could, a picture from underneath would be great! I'm a bit nervous to drill into the bottom of the fascia so seeing where you drilled exactly will ease some of the anxiety lol.

Center holes I mentioned eariler

42cd235d.jpg

Wheel well

f6b9d77d.jpg

Example of under bumper(plastic rivet) where to drill should be obvious once you have the middle and wheel wells done. Example. Line of the 2 middle screws, then get the fit you want in the wheel wells, secure them, then go under and see what holes in the splitter line up nice with the underside of the fascia and that where you need to drill.

dc45e5ca.jpg

I am assuming the splitter comes with the hardware needed (Screws etc.) But did you go out and buy the extra screws for the holes you drilled?

Ps- thanks for being so helpful! :salute: :beerchug:

I am assuming the splitter comes with the hardware needed (Screws etc.) But did you go out and buy the extra screws for the holes you drilled?

Ps- thanks for being so helpful! :salute: :beerchug:

Splitter came with a bag that it was in. Nothing else. The two screws in the center I had laying around, and the rest are down with plastic rivets, and plastic push-pins I picked up from local parts store.

Have you ever thought about painting the lower splitter like I did before putting the splitter on. I think it will look good regardless.

Splitter came with a bag that it was in. Nothing else. The two screws in the center I had laying around, and the rest are down with plastic rivets, and plastic push-pins I picked up from local parts store.

Have you ever thought about painting the lower splitter like I did before putting the splitter on. I think it will look good regardless.

I went back and forth on that, but decided I liked the way the splitter looked the way it is now. It would be too much white I thought. Is your GT500 Splitter on real tight? No rattling or movement? I am going to head down to the ford dealer tomorrow.

I went back and forth on that, but decided I liked the way the splitter looked the way it is now. It would be too much white I thought. Is your GT500 Splitter on real tight? No rattling or movement? I am going to head down to the ford dealer tomorrow.

No movement what so ever! NONE!

No movement what so ever! NONE!

Sweet! I wish someone with a white SGT did this just so I could see. But I think it will look good. You think this does anything aerodynamically? I mean I would assume it allows less air under the car creating more of a vacuum effect, and is even more beneficial since our cars are already lowered an inch and a half.

Sweet! I wish someone with a white SGT did this just so I could see. But I think it will look good. You think this does anything aerodynamically? I mean I would assume it allows less air under the car creating more of a vacuum effect, and is even more beneficial since our cars are already lowered an inch and a half.

Did you not see the pic I just posted? White Cali Special. I am sure it helps with the airflow.

Did you not see the pic I just posted? White Cali Special. I am sure it helps with the airflow.

You must have posted it as I was typing that last post. lol Bad timing. But after seeing that, I'm not so sure....the middle splitter not being painted, and being white, looks kinda out of place. What do you think?

You must have posted it as I was typing that last post. lol Bad timing. But after seeing that, I'm not so sure....the middle splitter not being painted, and being white, looks kinda out of place. What do you think?

I honestly think it looks very sharp. The only reason I painted mine was because I wanted to continue the stripes down. I really think it looks good.

Plus it give the front such a meaner look IMO

7f878e65.jpg

I heard it traded the SGT for a gray 5.0banghead.gif

:nonono::doh:

.....why? lolll

His SGT was sharp, but yours takes the cake! :rockon:

Last question I promise haha, can you see a gap between the splitter and the CS splitter? What I mean is, can you see light through the space between the two?

There is no light the shines between the two and if it did you would really have to get down on the ground to see it. I always say if someone is down there paying that much attention to kick him in the head! LOL

On a side not, this is Nite's new ride....

231.jpg

And he gave up this...

IMG_2810.jpg

SGT1020, go for it. This easy mod really makes these cars stand out. michschi really helped me out on this one. If done like he says it will not move, my SGT is a DD and I have taken mine up 130 or so at Sebring and it's still on tight.

16d1921a-1.jpg

I agree with you. I think especially with a white car, the GT500 splitter would look better if the SGT splitter was painted.

Archived