TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changes from 2007-2010

Hi guys, I'm new to the GT500 world & thinking of buying a low mileage used Shelby my max price is 40K. But I,m not sure of the changes over the years. So if anyone can give me a Shelby education on the important changes over the years that would be great. Thanks

Hi guys, I'm new to the GT500 world & thinking of buying a low mileage used Shelby my max price is 40K. But I,m not sure of the changes over the years. So if anyone can give me a Shelby education on the important changes over the years that would be great. Thanks

Some say Wikipedia is not a good source for information or may not be accurate. Only as good as the data load/data entry.

But, it's certainly a good starting place to get grounded and it provides a good chronological view.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang

As far as a low mileage used Shelby GT500, you ought to be able to find plenty of 2007-2009 models for that max price. Even with less than 10K miles. I did a quick search on CARS.COM and found 50+.......

Some say Wikipedia is not a good source for information or may not be accurate. Only as good as the data load/data entry.

But, it's certainly a good starting place to get grounded and it provides a good chronological view.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang

As far as a low mileage used Shelby GT500, you ought to be able to find plenty of 2007-2009 models for that max price. Even with less than 10K miles. I did a quick search on CARS.COM and found 50+.......

He should be able to get a 2011 for $40k. I sold my 7 month old 2010 back in "the day" with 5k miles for only $43.5k. These cars do not hold value. The asking prices you see on places like cars.com are not realistic.

He should be able to get a 2011 for $40k. I sold my 7 month old 2010 back in "the day" with 5k miles for only $43.5k. These cars do not hold value. The asking prices you see on places like cars.com are not realistic.

True. CARS.COM is not realistic. I was just doing a quick search to ground less than 10K miles. I also found some 2010 and 2011 models for around 40-45K.......guess it depends what "low miles" means...

True. CARS.COM is not realistic. I was just doing a quick search to ground less than 10K miles. I also found some 2010 and 2011 models for around 40-45K.......guess it depends what "low miles" means...

Thanks for the help, I really like the Kona Blue w stripes

Thanks for the help, I really like the Kona Blue w stripes

I see your profile states RI. Tasca Ford is in Cranston and I believe is an authorized Shelby Mod shop. The folks there might be able to guide you to some good finds too. I don't know anything at all about Tasca....seems like a very good and reputable place........just referencing it for you.....

Real quick-changes from 07-10.

1) New Clutch

2) Different CAI

3) More aggressive tune

4) Knock sensors

5) Revamped suspension

6) Cool little cueball shifter

10-11

1) Alum block

2) Electric steering

3) Revamped suspension & Wheels (SVTPP)

4) Little stripes (SVTPP)

If you're not in a hurry there's some good rumors circulating about the 2013s. Just a thought...

Thanks for your help, I ended up buying a stock 2009 Black w grey stripes 2800 miles for 40K. Now I just need to figure out which products for basic mods such as exaust, intake, pulley, tuning ect.

Archived