TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's got to be a better way

DaFreak

Anyone got any good tools or tricks to quickly and thoroughly clean the stock grill? It seems I spend at least 20 minutes working it every time I take a spin. There's got to be a better way so please tell me your secrets.

Anyone got any good tools or tricks to quickly and thoroughly clean the stock grill? It seems I spend at least 20 minutes working it every time I take a spin. There's got to be a better way so please tell me your secrets.

An air compressor will move mountains on that grill after a wash. :yup:

Good call. Sound like it might get some of the crap off the HE and AC condenser too.

It could, however, I would be careful just how aggressive because you risk damaging the fins. They can be kind of delicate.

For more stubborn bugs use a long bristled brushed and just work the area on the grill until you're satisfied. :)

I use a 1-inch round stenciling brush. I spray a little detailer on the brush then insert it into the grill and twist it a few times.

I was using a small1 gallon air compressor to blow the water out of the grill and other places on the car. Most of my time was spent waiting for the compressor tank to recharge. My wife got me one of these for Christmas. It has a long flexible hose with a variety of nozzles to get into all of those hard to get places. You can do the same thing with a leaf blower but they don't have the flexibility of the Blaster.

http://www.mototecproducts.com/Air-Force-Blaster-Motorcycle-Dryer-p/mt-b3-cd.htm

I use a 1-inch round stenciling brush. I spray a little detailer on the brush then insert it into the grill and twist it a few times.

I was using a small1 gallon air compressor to blow the water out of the grill and other places on the car. Most of my time was spent waiting for the compressor tank to recharge. My wife got me one of these for Christmas. It has a long flexible hose with a variety of nozzles to get into all of those hard to get places. You can do the same thing with a leaf blower but they don't have the flexibility of the Blaster.

http://www.mototecproducts.com/Air-Force-Blaster-Motorcycle-Dryer-p/mt-b3-cd.htm

I use a 200mph leaf blower and have had the opprotunity to use a AF blaster a couple of times. Even with the warm air, the AF Blaster took my much more time to get the water off the car. It's so small. It's not much bigger than a pea shooter. I can see that it's good for bikes, but for cars I prefer the "Tim Allen" Leaf Blower... :)

Next I mist the car with a quality Detail spary ( I prefer Adams http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-45-adams-detail-spray.aspx ) and wipe down with a quality drying towel.

Then pull out the compressed air and go over every single nook and cranny. With drying towel and detail spray in hand to mop up the water blown out.

When car is completely dry to make the honey comb look good for an extended period of time. Use http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-517-adams-in-out-spray-dressing.aspx.

It will aslo make cleaning the bugs off easier. This spray is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

Best way to clean your car is this, drive it to a touch less car wash,no brushes, just sprays and select the underbody wash as well....then drive it home fast to get access water off, next pull it in your garage and get the rest of the water off with a micro fiber or real soft towel, next get some meguire's detailing spray or fast wax and go over the whole car , then windex the rims and dress the tires.....show room finish in under an hour....I'll put it beside anybody's who just detailed there car,and guarantee mine will be shining just as nice..... oh and to the O.P......those bugs don't even have a shot in that spray wash.......That's my secret.....

Archived