TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fastest droid

well, ive entered the 21st century now, with my purchse of the android Incredible by Verizon.i found an app called fastest droid--it uses an accelerometer to track 0-60, 1/4 mile and top speeds. Its safer to try it with2 people for obviuos reasons. My 1/4 mile times averaged in 5 runs 12.4--with my vert i cant run on an IHRA track w/o rol bars, so its fun to see my times.Of course there no R/T either--any of you guys try these--its free

Those things need to be stable to be accurate. I have a car dock for my droid x. Works great and you can video your passes to boot. :)

thanks--what kind of dock do you have and where does it mount----man youre getting some good times at the track--have you talked with Michael lately

I read this and checked the app out on my DroidX. I have a very secure mount so figured i'd see how it goes. Not sure if I trust the result, although they were very close back to back.

did some 0-60 times and came up with 3.992 and 4.04...with this kind of power I'd say that is probably right, then again it just sounds too fast. It was 95 outside, but car wasn't hot so the tires actually hooked pretty well.

You think that those times should be pretty accurate?

I read this and checked the app out on my DroidX. I have a very secure mount so figured i'd see how it goes. Not sure if I trust the result, although they were very close back to back.

did some 0-60 times and came up with 3.992 and 4.04...with this kind of power I'd say that is probably right, then again it just sounds too fast. It was 95 outside, but car wasn't hot so the tires actually hooked pretty well.

You think that those times should be pretty accurate?

alex---i havent tried the 0-60 but will--as to accuracy, theres the accuracy of the GPS in your cell,ie it has to know when youve gone a 1/4 mile---theres also the issue of RT and ET--At a drag race you have RT, ie the time to break thru the timing lights at the start, good ones are like .6 secs, then the ET time starts.So with the droid your getting a rolling start somewhat, so the times might be a little better,but not much--its fun anyway,and as i said i cant run my car at the track cause its a vert\\

pS just made a couple 0-60 runs--averaged 4.3--i think since it hard to get perfectly still on a public road, i maye be getting a bit of a roling start advantge--but still fun,and its a way to see what change any HP mods may be having on the car.BTW, you have ALOT more HP when the temp is cooler, ---more oxygen,dneser air

Archived