TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement of 2012 Transmission Fluid

Have read several threads on the oil used by Ford in the Tranny and how it makes the shifting harder than it should. Having used Amsoil products off and on depending on the vehicle. Went to the warehouse here locally and got the engine oil, filter and the tranny fluid.

My car had 428 miles on it when this was done this morning-----the transmission is MUCH smoother shifting!!! Do not know if other products work as well as the Amsoil but this is one of those things that if someone would try and convince me of the difference I would say “yeah right—Show Me”!!!!

• 1 month later...

Have read several threads on the oil used by Ford in the Tranny and how it makes the shifting harder than it should. Having used Amsoil products off and on depending on the vehicle. Went to the warehouse here locally and got the engine oil, filter and the tranny fluid.

My car had 428 miles on it when this was done this morning-----the transmission is MUCH smoother shifting!!! Do not know if other products work as well as the Amsoil but this is one of those things that if someone would try and convince me of the difference I would say “yeah right—Show Me”!!!!

Boss,

Can you tell me what exact kind and how many quarts you used?

Amsoil seems promising and I'm interested in trying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Boss,

Can you tell me what exact kind and how many quarts you used?

Amsoil seems promising and I'm interested in trying it.

Lets see if I can help since I did the same thing when I changed my trans fluid.

It takes 3.6 quarts so you will need to order 4 quarts and it's Amsoil Synthetic ATF fluid.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

Archived