TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Switch Blade Key

I ended up buying one of those switch blade keys and there was a thread about them and how to program it, that I just can't find. Anyway I got the actual key programmed so it starts the car then I tried to program the FOB. I did it and everything is fine. I then got to use the FOB on the other 2 original keys and they aren't working, so I reprogram one of the original key FOB's it works but the 2nd original key and swicth blade key FOB aren't working. Turns out that only one FOB will get programmed and the other 2 won't program.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? It's got me buggered!

I ended up buying one of those switch blade keys and there was a thread about them and how to program it, that I just can't find. Anyway I got the actual key programmed so it starts the car then I tried to program the FOB. I did it and everything is fine. I then got to use the FOB on the other 2 original keys and they aren't working, so I reprogram one of the original key FOB's it works but the 2nd original key and swicth blade key FOB aren't working. Turns out that only one FOB will get programmed and the other 2 won't program.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? It's got me buggered!

If I remember correctly, you have to have all the fobs with you and (re)program them together. I don't remember the exact programming steps, but do know that you have to do them one after another. It should be described in the programming instructions.

If you do the steps correctly after you program the first remote, just grab the next remote and press the appropriate buttons, and procede to the next one.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

Dan

If I remember correctly, you have to have all the fobs with you and (re)program them together. I don't remember the exact programming steps, but do know that you have to do them one after another. It should be described in the programming instructions.

If you do the steps correctly after you program the first remote, just grab the next remote and press the appropriate buttons, and procede to the next one.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

Dan

Thanks mate, I had another go at it last night and I programmed them all at once like you mentioned and it all good, Thanks for the response, Rob

Where did you get the switchblade setup?

Go to ebay and there are a few of them there. I got the one that is the switch blade type but there is one that has a remote retracting key and that is on page 3 of the link.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ATB1%3AUS%3A1&_nkw=2009+mustang+remote+key+&_trksid=p5197.c0.m627

Archived