TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good news

wanted2b

Got a call today telling some good news. The SGT is moving west. WOO HOO!!!!! :happy feet:

It has left Michigan and headed to the left coast of the Great USofA. Won't be long now. Next major hurdle will be dealing with the AH dealer. What is your opinion: I asked that nothing be taken off the car once it arrives. The dealer said that they can't do that. If I pay for the car, the shipping protection material should be mine! Right? I have my own way of doing a detail w/Adams Polish/wax/and wash products. I don't think that I'm asking to much do you? I also told them that I do not want any dealer plates or frames on the car. I have yet to win that battle. Why is it that these dealers have to be such butts? Will keep you all posted on how it goes.

You have every right to not have them screw the front plate to the bumper. If they insist....bring them one of those plate hardware brackets that bolts to the underside of the front splitter so they do not have to drill your bumper. You can order it on line. do it today and get it delivered very soon !!!

This is what I made my dealer do. I printed it and gave it to them. They agreed.

They did think I was a bit picky. :hysterical:

THE MAIN THING TO TELL THEM IS DO NOT TOUCH OR DO A THING TO THE CAR AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN OFF THE TRANSPORTER UNTIL YOU GET THEIR.

1 - ask that all tags, decals & round dot stickers remain in ALL windows

2 - ask that all plastic on door sills plates, seats, carpet, steering wheel, airbag, sun visors stay on

3 - ask that NO Dealership decals be applied to the car of where it was sold from (ask for a plate frame with their name on it).

4 - ask for the antenna cover & plug that protects the threads during shipment.

5 - ask that no bags for the locking lug nuts & License plate be opened

6 - ask that the floor mats in the trunk not be opened

7 - ask for the front & rear bumper plastic to stay on the car from shipment

8 - ask for the foam block that is attached to the drivers door from shipment

9 - ask for them not to scrub off the red dots on the sidewalls of the tires from the factory

10 - ask for any & all paperwork in the car

11 - ask to be present during the PDI

12 - ask for a copy of the PDI paperwork

13 - ask for a VIN explosion from the "Tech Oasis" software (it's a print out from the service Dept.)

14 - inspect the cars stripes & exterior after it's been washed & don't sign any paperwork until this is done, that way anything you find wrong can be noted prior to acceptance & taking delivery.

15- ask for a 2007 color paint chip handout showing all car colors for 2007

16 - ask for a 2007 Mustang Hand out with the Shelby GT500 in it

17 - ask for the bold moves Banner & the BOLD MOVES launch with (2) DVD's

18 - ask for a few dealer promo 8" x 11" cards (like the one I sent you with the Blue GT500 on it)

19 - ask for a free tank of Premium gas

20 - ask for the copy of the FRONTLINE dealer magazine that had the White w/Blue stripe shelby on it from June?

21- ask for the poster in the repair shop that shows an exploded view of the car

22- ask for the the owners manual not to be opened (it has security tape with your cars VIN# on it )

23- ask for BOTH SETS of KEYS

QUESTION:

What is your opinion:

1). I asked that nothing be taken off the car once it arrives. The dealer said that they can't do that. If I pay for the car, the shipping protection material should be mine! Right?

2). I have my own way of doing a detail w/Adams Polish/wax/and wash products. I don't think that I'm asking to much do you?

3). I also told them that I do not want any dealer plates or frames on the car. I have yet to win that battle.

4). Why is it that these dealers have to be such butts?

ANSWER:

1). No. You paid for the *car*, not the shipping protection material. When I buy a Harley I don't get the shipping crate/container it comes on/in either. Having said that, I *can* buy it from certain dealers (and I know people that do, just to be able to crate their bike up for shipping reasons). PERHAPS if you asked to BUY the shipping material they might sell it to you but I kind of doubt it (see my next answer, which may apply to this one).

2). No, I don't but the dealer apparently does. It could be to protect themselves in case you scratch the car during your "detail" and try to claim that it was there. THEY must do a "Pre Delivery Inspection" (PDI) as per their agreement with FoMoCo and basically just to protect their own interests against false claims or future claims. If they left the protective plastic on the carpet and after you take delivery of the car you claim there's a big bleached out stain on the carpet....was it there when you got it or did you use one of your 'special' cleaners on it and bleach it? I see this as a "CYA" ploy by the dealer.

3). When you say "plates" I assume you mean license plate FRAMES? When I bought my 2010 GT500 I demanded ONE stipulation that would void the sale. I told them DO NOT, under ANY circumstance put a dealer BADGE on the car *or* a FRONT license plat mount or frame. They said they don't on the GT500's anyway so no worry on my part. I saw a guy with a Grabber Blue Roush 427R that had the dealer badge removed (by the dealer) and they scratched the HELL out of the trunk lid. I also didn't want any holes drilled in my front facia like they did (in Calif.) on my Grand Prix GTP.

Your state laws may have some say in this issue. They may, by LAW be required to put a front plate (or mount) on the car. If that's the case, tell them to mount the plate with a pair of plastic wire ties through the grille openings and DO NOT drill the bumper or you will not buy the car. As for the frames, that's advertising for them and to be honest with you, it's the first thing I take off of ANY new car I buy. On my GT500 I found a Ford oval logo, enlarged it on my computer and printed it out on a piece of plain paper. Folded it over the dealer (plastic) plate and put it on the car until my plates came in.

I don't "do" free advertising for someone unless they're gonna spiff me a few bucks for it!

In short, make it a stipulation on the sale like I did. And I was dead serious too. If they had put a dealer badge or front plate on the car, I was WALKING....period. I never give a ultimatum that I'm not willing to stand behind. If I say "do this or I'll do that"....I'll damn well "do that" if they do this. Don't make idle threats......

4). Because they CAN! Because people will allow them to be assholes. YOU have the power....the power of purchasing a car. They have the car and they want YOUR money. Unless it's a one of a kind car, there are many others out there just like it and there other dealers that WILL honor your requests, that DO want your money. In todays economy, YOU are in the catbird seat!

Fug'em.

Find that GOOD dealer who wants your money (more than the one you have now) and work with them.

I'm 1000% satisfied with my dealer. So much so that I just bought two more new cars from them since buying my 2010 GT500 and I didn't buy bottom of the line base models. I bought a 2011 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab King Ranch edition w/3.5L Ecoboost (it cost more than my GT500 did!) and a 2011 Ford Flex Limited Edition from them. They treat me right and I treat them right. It works both ways.

It sounds to me like you need to either try to work with this dealer or find another.

Just my opinion,

Phill Pollard

2 - ask that all plastic on door sills plates, seats, carpet, steering wheel, airbag, sun visors stay on

3 - ask that NO Dealership decals be applied to the car of where it was sold from (ask for a plate frame with their name on it).

9 - ask for them not to scrub off the red dots on the sidewalls of the tires from the factory

13 - ask for a VIN explosion from the "Tech Oasis" software (it's a print out from the service Dept.)

14 - inspect the cars stripes & exterior after it's been washed & don't sign any paperwork until this is done, that way anything you find wrong can be noted prior to acceptance & taking delivery.

18 - ask for a few dealer promo 8" x 11" cards (like the one I sent you with the Blue GT500 on it)

20 - ask for the copy of the FRONTLINE dealer magazine that had the White w/Blue stripe shelby on it from June?

21- ask for the poster in the repair shop that shows an exploded view of the car

22- ask for the the owners manual not to be opened (it has security tape with your cars VIN# on it )

DAMN!

I wish I had this list when I bought MY GT500!!!

I might'a got booted out of the dealership and told never to return but I also might'a got more than I did.

For the record, I did get MOST of what you listed....but that "poster in the repair shop that shows an exploded view of the car" would'a been NICE hangin' on my garage wall! <LOL>

Last week when I bought the new F-150 and the Flex I asked for the brochures for the truck line and the cross-over line (I got the one for the Mustang and the supplement for the GT500) and I was told they don't make them anymore (a "green thing" or some such BS). The Finance Mgr. said to ask the sales person for one and she said they don't get them anymore. I'm not sure if that's BS or not but you might not be able to get the full line brochure any longer.

Phill

Got a call today telling some good news. The SGT is moving west. WOO HOO!!!!! :happy feet:

It has left Michigan and headed to the left coast of the Great USofA. Won't be long now. Next major hurdle will be dealing with the AH dealer. What is your opinion: I asked that nothing be taken off the car once it arrives. The dealer said that they can't do that. If I pay for the car, the shipping protection material should be mine! Right? I have my own way of doing a detail w/Adams Polish/wax/and wash products. I don't think that I'm asking to much do you? I also told them that I do not want any dealer plates or frames on the car. I have yet to win that battle. Why is it that these dealers have to be such butts? Will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Congrats! Tell your sales person to inform you the second the car arrives. After it gets pulled off the trailer tell them to park it and do not touch it!!!!! It is your car and you are paying for it. Tell the sales person they can perform the inspection and delivery after you arrive. Stay with the car through this process and plan on spending several hours. This is not too much to ask and you should be accomidated.

Good Luck.

This is what I made my dealer do. I printed it and gave it to them. They agreed.

THE MAIN THING TO TELL THEM IS DO NOT TOUCH OR DO A THING TO THE CAR AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN OFF THE TRANSPORTER UNTIL YOU GET THEIR.

Did you check into a mental clinic after that? you obviously have issues !

You found a NEW SGT in Michigan? Did Ford have one stashed in the warehouse?

Sorry couldn't resist..........:speedie:

I wish they'd have kept it in a warehouse. Sitting outside in the rain for 40 + days. Guess it should be used to the rain and won't be shocked at all the rain we have had here. I'll be so glad to park my $ss in that seat and learn how to shift a standard again. It's been seven years since I've had a standard shift vehicle.

Tell them you will happy to put the key on a dealership keychain and they can give you a dealership baseball cap, apart from that, they are to do nothing but call you.

Why? are you trying to say that this isn't normal???

Grabber, do you have any left over meds?

If you mean packing material, I assume you are referring to the seat/steering wheel/carpet plastic that comes from the factory. I don't see any problem with keeping that. If I were you, I'd sign a memorandum of understanding that they are not to touch anything and you will not hold them liable if the PDI is not completed upon delivery. If nothing else, ask them for a company policy stating that all cars MUST receive a PDI/dealer prep (dealer prep is B.S. anyway as it's just a way for them to suck a couple of hundred more dollars out of you). If it's not in writing then it doesn't exist. I agree with everyone else, if they don't agree to your terms....walk!

Why? are you trying to say that this isn't normal???

Grabber, do you have any left over meds?

Yes I do..

I will send you some Featherlax.

PM me your addy.

Grabber, on 04 June 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

Yes I did. Things are much better now.

LOL, you guys are cracking me up. I hate to admit I can totally relate. I'm told by Ford that my car has been released from the plant and is awaiting shipment on Ramp 5P. ETA is June 23. Time for me to get on the stick and order my folding front license plate holder, make room in the garage, find a good tint shop, etc.

I did give a very short list to the dealer when I placed the order: don't drill the front bumper, and NO dealer badging on the car. It's written on the order paperwork. Now I need to clarify I want to be present for the PDI and see if I can wangle a few of those many requests listed by Grabber. Thanks for the insight guys - I'm doing what I can here to keep my sanity. To help pass the time, I updated my avatar... enough with the pacing dog, already.

Sween

I wish they'd have kept it in a warehouse. Sitting outside in the rain for 40 + days. Guess it should be used to the rain and won't be shocked at all the rain we have had here. I'll be so glad to park my $ss in that seat and learn how to shift a standard again. It's been seven years since I've had a standard shift vehicle.

Suddenly I care about the weather in Flat Rock, MI. 98 degrees today, and my car is sitting there baking. Ouch!

Don't sweat the the shifting - it's like riding a bike and will come right back to you.

Sween

Thanks Grabber. I ordered a remote control license plate frame that goes under the front bumper. It's from Show an Go.

I've noticed pictures on the web where this product has been used by Mustangs, and the frame is not centered on the front end - it's either way off to one side, or slightly off center (maybe an inch). I suppose if it can't be centered as is, then you can modify it to make it work. When it arrives, let us know how it works out.

Coming next week I'll be busy getting the car and installing the items I've already received. Since the dealer has been such a dick, I'll be darned if I'll give him anymore money. Sure hope they don't drag their feet in getting it ready to pick up. All they have to do is PDI and take my check for the balance due. I will get pictures of the remote license plate frame installed. Because of the front splitter I will have to modify it, but I had to do the samething on my 2010 Camaro. Sweenstang, we will need pictures of your car when it gets here. Your car is sitting in the heat and mine sat in the rain. That's just not right.

I've noticed pictures on the web where this product has been used by Mustangs, and the frame is not centered on the front end - it's either way off to one side, or slightly off center (maybe an inch). I suppose if it can't be centered as is, then you can modify it to make it work. When it arrives, let us know how it works out.

I centered mine.

I used the existing splitter bolts to anchor. It is actually easier to conceal the frame when centering than when off-setting.

Made VERY cheaply as mine just fell apart the other day and will no longer retract. I'll rebuild her (I have the capability). :)

Archived