TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thoughts Please!!!!

Hey guys,

I have 40th #XL0171. Vista Blue and I also went with the super snake package as well. So, I am probably one of the 50 40ths that got Supersnaked as well...

My question is, I am tossing the idea of selling it, my questions for the brain trust are:

1. How much is a realistic asking price.

2. Where do you suggest I put it for sale? Barrett Jackson? Mecum? Internet? Ebay?

Also, despite my number being 171, mine was one of the earlier ones finished. Were there changes to the packages along the way? I am thinking i might not have some stuff on mine that i should.....Thanks..

Thanks in advance.

JW

Shelby Pic

JW,

I think one of the Party of 15 cars just sold for mid 50's. Unfortunately in this market you will not get much. I would guess somewhere around 50. See what the SS's are selling for in various places. They should have a slightly higher sales price than your 40th that has been SSed. If you don't have to sell, stay firm on your price whatever that may be.

Good luck.

Shelby American didn't and doesn't "stack" packages. So, what you have is a modified 40th and not a 40th-SS. Where the 725 KB was an option for any GT500, it does not make it a SS.

Your car should be sold as a 40th and as a 40th only, and I would think that somewhere in the 50ish range would be a fair market price for a 40th at this time.

Shelby American didn't and doesn't "stack" packages. So, what you have is a modified 40th and not a 40th-SS. Where the 725 KB was an option for any GT500, it does not make it a SS.

Your car should be sold as a 40th and as a 40th only, and I would think that somewhere in the 50ish range would be a fair market price for a 40th at this time.

Interesting thoughts, on the " Stack Packages" comment. Unfortunately, my paperwork from Shelby specifically states both 40th anniversary and SuperSnake upgrades. Maybe this is an outlier but it is what it is on my paperwork that was handed to me in Las Vegas when i picked up my car. The only difference between my car and any other SS is the hood and badging, I even have the ALCOA's sitting in the garage! Even paid the same price!

Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming. I would be happy to get 60k I think if possible. Anyone know what % B.J. takes for the auction?

Not trying to pick a fight with you but I would like to see copies of your invoices to validate your claim. Not saying that you are a liar, but as far as all info as far as the registry goes this is not possible. Please email me if you would like. Link is in my signature.

Interesting thoughts, on the " Stack Packages" comment. Unfortunately, my paperwork from Shelby specifically states both 40th anniversary and SuperSnake upgrades. Maybe this is an outlier but it is what it is on my paperwork that was handed to me in Las Vegas when i picked up my car. The only difference between my car and any other SS is the hood and badging, I even have the ALCOA's sitting in the garage! Even paid the same price!

Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming. I would be happy to get 60k I think if possible. Anyone know what % B.J. takes for the auction?

BJ charges 8% of the hammer price plus an entry “fee”. Here’s a link to the FAQ.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/consign/faq.asp#2

In regards to the last post by the “registrar”, Geez dude, learn how to use the PM system.

Torch, PM system does not work on the phone with the iPhone app. My computer at home broke, so this is all I have.

This car maybe a 1 of 1 car if what the OP is stating is correct and that may change his mind about selling, or at least give him a reason to sell it for good Money. He asked a question so I gave him an answer. I'm sorry to you both if I offended either of you by not sending a pm.

Torch, PM system does not work on the phone with the iPhone app. My computer at home broke, so this is all I have.

This car maybe a 1 of 1 car if what the OP is stating is correct and that may change his mind about selling, or at least give him a reason to sell it for good Money. He asked a question so I gave him an answer. I'm sorry to you both if I offended either of you by not sending a pm.

Sure hope it is a 1 of 1 40th GT 500, if so, skymedic welcome to the 1 of 1 club.

I am not offended by any means. I just moved back to Ann Arbor, Michigan a few weeks ago. The car is still sitting in my friends garage out in Peoria, Arizona and my paperwork is sitting in my safety deposit box out there as well. I am flying out to drive the car back to Michigan in 2 weeks, so I will be more than happy to scan a copy of the paperwork and send to you.

Again, I paid the SS package price, and I know for certain at the end of the 40th paperwork details, the supersnake stuff is listed in succession. Again, maybe it was a mistake, outlier, whatever, I know my car has everything a SS has on it minus the hood & badging. The only reason I didnt go with the hood is because I have Vista Blue, which I have heard is one of the smallest number produced colors, and I just dont think the matte black stripes look very good on that color....

Anyways, the bottom line is I just wanted to know what you thought a fair asking price would be since clearly my car has much more on it than a normal 40th version.

Respectfully,

JW

My CAR!

I'm going to make the assumption that he has a 40th Anniversary with "Super Snake upgrades" where as the basic 40th could included the additional option of including the TVS or Kenne Bell, .373 rear gears and the Baer extreme brakes. A number of owners chose these options.

I'm going to make the assumption that he has a 40th Anniversary with "Super Snake upgrades" where as the basic 40th could included the additional option of including the TVS or Kenne Bell, .373 rear gears and the Baer extreme brakes. A number of owners chose these options.

+1

I'd say these 40th's are few in numbers and really cool.

Archived