TEAM SHELBY FORUM

pics from 2011 grabberfest

kahmann

We just got home late last night from Vancouver, WA. Aside from the weather, we had a great time this weekend catching up with old friends and seeing some great cars.

On the cruise up from California, Helaina's new 5.0 threw a rod in Medford. I unloaded the Shelby and let my wife drive it through the mountains and rain, while I towed the GT the last half of the trip up. She handled it surprisingly well.

While the engine trouble was a serious bummer, I was glad to have the trailer to be able to help them out. We showed up around 10AM on Saturday, parked the trailer with GT still loaded up, and enjoyed some brief bouts of sunshine.

The cruise was eventful, due to the hail storm and torrential rain. Once we got to the end of the route, though, the view of Mt. St. Helens above the clouds was beautiful. I headed back to the hotel after that, to pick up my truck, so I could bring the trailer out to Rob's. After unloading the GT, Alex, Ron, Helaina, Rob, Tana, and my daughter and I spent some time chatting in Rob's pristine shop. We spent the rest of the long weekend enjoying the Rose Festival in Portland and touring around to some of my old hang outs in Vancouver. On the way home, I hit even more hail passing through Redding. The thunderstorms have been pretty intense around here for days. Anyway, thanks again to Rob and Tana for a great time. It was great getting to spend some time with Jim, Larry, Kerry, Glen & Lisa, Alex, Dave & Sherri, Chris, Missy, and tons more good people. We'll see everyone again next year for sure.

Here's a pile of pics I took on the way up and at the event. The first pics were taken at a pit stop we made to Sierra Nevada brewery in Chico, CA. You'll see some from the shop in Medford, loading up Helaina and Ron's pony. There's also a ton from the meet & greet and a few from the cruise.

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

Edited by kahmann

Great pics Ken, thanks for sharing. I like the black stripes on your SGT.....matches perfect with the wheels :drool:

I thought that was your trailer Cali was on...............thank goodness you came along and gave a hand. Good form brother :beerchug:

Great pics Ken, thanks for sharing. I like the black stripes on your SGT.....matches perfect with the wheels :drool:

I thought that was your trailer Cali was on...............thank goodness you came along and gave a hand. Good form brother :beerchug:

Thanks a lot Dan. I'm really happy with the way the matte black on blue turned out. We missed you guys this year!

Oh, so you're the one with the Griggs car!

I was crawling all around your car but I don't think we ever had a chance to speak. Very cool ride b.t.w.

Great pics!

James

Thanks man, you too. Your car was definitely my favorite of the bunch this year. We shook hands for a second, after Dave & Sherri introduced us, but I wish I would have had some time to get a better look at your car! Maybe next year.

^Haha thanks, but I'm not sure about that nickname Dolf! ;)

I had a complete set of vinyl stripes made, but ended up having the hood and scoop painted. Since I already had my hood and front bumper stripes painted silver before, I found that the new black vinyl stripes didn't completely cover the old silver underneath.

My paint guys tried to stretch and manipulate the vinyl into place, but it didn't work out too well. I just dropped the car off back at the paint shop yesterday actually, to get the front bumper stripes painted on too. The vinyl looked like shit to begin with in that area, but it looked way worse after my wife mauled a parking curb with the splitter last weekend!

Ken, that's a lot of photos-

Nice to see you and the family as always- we need to get together more often.