TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Request for a Midwest Cobra for Movie

svttim

Just passing this along. This was sent to the Northwoods Shelby Club

I am a Picture Car Coordinator. That means I locate and liaison vehicles for film and television production. While there are giant rental facilities on both coasts, there is little in that way here in the Midwest. Additionally, the rental fees at those facilities are such that even huge budget films like Public Enemies (Johnny Depp as John Dillinger) that spent upwards of $200 million always look to private owners first.

Which is where I come in. They task me with bringing them specific, often hard-to-find vehicles, as well as background cars; often on a fairly tight deadline.

For an upcoming production, I need to come up with an AC Cobra and a 1968-'74 era Ferrari— or a reasonable facsimiles. Kit Cars are fine. I have been and will continue to hunt for these and other vehicles the traditional way, but I'm thinking you may have a shortcut for my search.

At this point there's not much more I can add to my original email, except that to say that it stars William H. Macy and Sienna Miller, and I expect it to be a significant film; to assure owners that their vehicle would be insured, and that I'd encourage them to contact me to find out more. If they don't like what I have to say, they can walk away at virtually any point. No one is on the hook, and most contracts are on a daily basis, so the owners hold most of the leverage throughout. We take very careful care of vehicles in our charge.

I'd be happy to explain to you — or whomever would be appropriate — how the process works (including payment), as well as to offer references, insurance paperwork, etc. in order to verify I am who I say I am and this request is both legit and honorable.

I hope to hear from you,

Michael Keeney

Key Media Entertainment

608-358-9709

keymediaentertainment@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived