TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a Tiger

cobrakidz

I sold my last Tiger 8 years ago due to kids, etc......well, the kids are grown up and I am in the market again. I prefer a good driver, does not have to be original. Until I sell it I have a 2000 Cobra R as trade material, otherwise I am a cash buyer. Thank you.

aysf95.jpg

I sold my last Tiger 8 years ago due to kids, etc......well, the kids are grown up and I am in the market again. I prefer a good driver, does not have to be original. Until I sell it I have a 2000 Cobra R as trade material, otherwise I am a cash buyer. Thank you.

Cobrakids,

While I am very connected with Tiger owners, and publish a web site on the car: http://TigersUnited.com , I don't know of one for sale. However, I asked "Google" "sunbeam tiger for sale california" . I picked google because they rate our site the #1 listing for web sites on non-commerciail links for the Tiger. :rolleyes:

I would try the quoted search "sunbeam tiger for sale california" There are a LOT of listings. No recommendations, however I did pick California as I live there, and the old cars are generally rust free. (check that out when making a decision) . The auction price for a restored car was recently $80,000. They are generally less - so as always the Tiger gives you a lot of car for the money. One of the best models was the Tiger MkII with the 289, and were only made for one year, 1967, Its final. Optional Equipment sold by the distributor are very good performance equipment made by know "speed Merchants", like Edelbrock. Even Shelby made a lot of good "stuff" for it.

The condition makes the value. There is one of these on the http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/ , a owners Tiger Club.

The pic is My_Tiger, but before the air cleaner was restored with my original OEM LAT chromed oval top original.

Good Luck! :cheerleader::speedie::yahoo:

post-32798-0-23882900-1307587801_thumb.jpgTiger_Steve

post-32798-0-23882900-1307587801_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Congrats!!

Learned what a Tiger was a few weeks after buying my '95 Cobra in 1998. A grey haired gentleman was on my tail while pulling in to pay a toll in Chicago. Silly me thought I would show him something when we both pulled out of the toll. Instead he just pulled away from me. It was a mint red convertible. Don't know what year just that I ordered an S-trim the next day. Actually looked at used Tigers online about two weeks ago and was surprised how much they had gone up in price.

I sold my last Tiger to the Shelby's in 2003--they have roughly doubled in price since then. Here are a few pics. Mechanically it is a great car, needs paint/body but I have a friend with a shop--so that's covered.

2lu74np.jpg

flbm2r.jpg

I sold my last Tiger to the Shelby's in 2003--they have roughly doubled in price since then. Here are a few pics. Mechanically it is a great car, needs paint/body but I have a friend with a shop--so that's covered.

2lu74np.jpg

flbm2r.jpg

Bruce,

Well done and congrats...I'm diggin' the white on the "El Gato"

See you Saturday

Archived