TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Intro thread and the story of my SHELBY (Not dial up friendly)

nele22

Hello all,

I am using this thread as an intro / picture thread. I have had my GT500 for about two months now and still have a huge grin on my face. I have had several sports cars over the last few years but none as enjoyable as the SHELBY. I am not new to the Mustang club. My first car was a white fox body LX and recently I have owned a 427R.

I picked this car up knowing it would need some TLC. It had been hit in the rear and had some shotty body/paint work done. The after market Lamans stripes were faded and peeling. I wanted them off anyway since the car was originally ordered as a "stripe delete." After pulling them off I found some etching in the clear on the hood and front bumper so I had those redone as well. Since getting it back from the body shop I have dropped it on the FRPP springs, added SLP loudmouths, Steeda CAI, Ported and Polished (Steggy) Eaton 112, VMP 2.59 upper and 10% lower, BMR upper and lower CA, stretched the SHELBY letters across the back and other bits and pieces.

My next mod is a set of Vossen CV3 concave 20" wheels with Nitto Invo tires. I know many do not like the bigger wheel on the S197 but I am a fan. These wheels are LIGHT! They actually weigh a smidge under the stockers with tires. I will be sure to post up some pictures with the combo on later this week. Now for the pictures:

When I brought it home:

70cb3b6e.jpg

f1fe89c2.jpg

2e038e68.jpg

54d36821.jpg

7a24f63a.jpg

45619e8c.jpg

MY FIRST SHOW AND MY FIRST WIN! :)

Shelby.jpg

Shelby2.jpg

My first DYNO: (This was before the 10% lower)

FxCam_1305742559760-1.jpg

Washing them up:

IMG_1151.jpg

A good coat of Rejex!

FxCam_1306802997994.jpg

FxCam_1306803007887.jpg

FxCam_1306803019923.jpg

FxCam_1306803037664.jpg

FxCam_1306803053180.jpg

FxCam_1306803072505.jpg

Sweet ride, thanks for saving this pour thing. How does it compare to the 427R ?

No comparison. The Roush was under powered in my opinion. I had an intake and tune on it but still a little weak down low. This thing however.... :)

Funny you mention "saving" this car. That is exactly why I bought it. They had a white/blue next to it with similar miles at a similar amount but I could not stop thinking about how nice the tungsten SHOULD be!

No comparison. The Roush was under powered in my opinion. I had an intake and tune on it but still a little weak down low. This thing however.... :)

Funny you mention "saving" this car. That is exactly why I bought it. They had a white/blue next to it with similar miles at a similar amount but I could not stop thinking about how nice the tungsten SHOULD be!

Great car and great story man!

I agree the Tungsten color is nicer... but I'm biased ;)

Side_Smal.jpg